Averillo Can not organise!!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well where is master coach hiding? Didn't he sound out Flanno to be the organiser? You know the player he hand picked to be our halfback?
In barretts defence, the player still needs to stand up and earn the jersey, Flanagan might have the potential but he was not performing.

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I honestly hope avo comes good. There is some potential there but just like the whole team he is struggling atm. Obviously getting very little help from the one NRL standard forward we have and the below average hookers we are running with. I believe avo got outplayed by wakes yesterday.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jake and all the halves should spend 2 hours minimum just rolling in grubber after grubber after grubber. I listened to the game on the radio and all the commentators were astounded that our halves just REFUSED to try a grubber to get a repeat set. So Trent needs to fucking make them practise until they have blisters! Put the chip kick out on the full and the shit, uncontested bomb away and NEVER bring it out again.....

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Catch and pass for tackles 1-4.
On the last he goes into stunned mullet mode and doodles the ball either out on the full or down a winger/fullback’s throat.

Yes he has played better than flanagan but there is no long term plan with an avocado in the halves.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Katoa is our main problem. His service out of dummy half is fucking ridiculously bad and he is an absolute turnstile in defence. Topine or JMK needs to come in for him.

Flannagan is also realistically our best goal kicker as much as that is a pain to say but you could have him in instead of Katoa and we would still improve

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not fussed with either tbh.

Although Flanagan has been tripe, he was at his best in the first few games too, just like Avo now.

A third straight game of not icing a game, or kicking terribly I wouldn't mind putting Flanno back in.

Just me, but I think the problem is the forwards and Hooker. We have one NRL caliber forward, NO half who has ever played the game would look good behind that type of pack.
Most other teams have got wingers that are bigger than our forwards, May we should look to Tonga, Fiji, & PNG to find some big fast wingers & forwards.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Look at Schuster. Only 20. Way in front of Avo who needs to step up and improve.

Having said that, is Barrett asking too much of a guy who is not a 7 and very inexperienced in the position.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of the halves...

Did Wakeham play yesterday? Can't remember him doing anything.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most other teams have got wingers that are bigger than our forwards, May we should look to Tonga, Fiji, & PNG to find some big fast wingers & forwards.
I honestly don't think size is the main problem, it's just that our forwards aren't good. Ava , Atoni and Ogden have good enough size they just aren't consistently good.

Luke Thompson is small, in terms of what you see now,.for a prop. But he is right up there with one of the best props in the comp this year.

We don't have to go searching for big forwards, we just need quality.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We've actually been somewhat competitive in games since Barrett paired wakeham and averillo in the halves.. like it or not, they are our best options in the halves..
Nasheed here,
We haven’t played that much more gangsta since Flanno has been dropped. Still getting pulled like a Penrith groupie,
But,
We are now starting to put some points on the board.
We have gone from 0-2 tries ag and consistently to 2-4, and this is the small difference Avo and Wakeman have made. Flanno doesn’t have that attacking prowess atm. Has he ever?

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can’t organise but still has better kicking options than Flannagan. Until he decided to constantly kick to the corner on the 5th lol

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
his a five eight, good player give him to rest of the season I see the potential

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can’t organise but still has better kicking options than Flannagan. Until he decided to constantly kick to the corner on the 5th lol
He had his best all round game today. He's proving himself worthy of partnering Burton next season.
and we still scored with hom
Not touching the ball he went for a HIA for us to score