Averillo Can not organise!!

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and we still scored with hom
Not touching the ball he went for a HIA for us to score
Against 12 men after 78 minutes.

I think we all agree that he shouldn’t be playing halfback, but he should be our 5/8 alongside Burton next year.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So who do we put there instead? Flanagan is the only other option and he’s worse
Exactly this. No one is saying averillo is the answer but from our available options hes shown hes the best option to partner burton, unless we can buy someone else.

Flanagan and lewis are shit stop fucking asking for them

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who do we put there instead? Flanagan is the only other option and he’s worse
Play him at 6!! Tell the fucker to take the fucken line on. He frustrates me every week!! Just run!! He has an awesome step and speed!!

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly this. No one is saying averillo is the answer but from our available options hes shown hes the best option to partner burton, unless we can buy someone else.

Would still go Flanagan at 7 Averillo at 6. Least Flanagan can goal kick

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

A full season for Averillo in the halves, even a losing season is still better for our team as a whole for the future. This season is done so it’s about a successful long term build for us. Simply put Averillo has more promise then Flanagan.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look I do want him there he has potential don’t get me wrong. But his kicking game is shit. Not once he hit the turf and he needs to take on the line if we are to see this so called X Factor.
He needs to take on the line at least 10 times a game or he's not making much difference really. Remember in the past we had average halves like Ben Roberts, Keating and Anasta who we let go because they didn't do much either but they did 10 times more than Averillo.

Just because he makes a tackle break or line break once a game doesn't make him anything special. I know it's 1 more than anyone else in the team but he's not our saviour. Needs to do A LOT more, more often.

Because we're so crap now I think our expectations have dropped really low. We now think players who make 1 break a game are stars. Many probably think getting beat by the Panthers by only 26 points is an achievement. That's how low we've sunk sadly.

Last edited:

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis/Flanagan halves, Averillo at one.

Barrett is embarrassing.

The first 1/2 hour of the game proves that these guys can play.

They’re being coached dumb.

Bring back Georgallis and the result is marginally better.

So why did we sign Barrett again?

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to take on the line at least 10 times a game or he's not making much difference really. Remember in the past we had average halves like Ben Roberts, Keating and Anasta who we let go because they didn't do much either but they did 10 times more than Averillo.

Just because he makes a tackle break or line break once a game doesn't make him anything special. I know it's 1 more than anyone else in the team but he's not our saviour. Needs to do A LOT more, more often.

Because we're so crap now I think our expectations have dropped really low. We now think players who make 1 break a game are stars. Many probably think getting beat by the Panthers by only 26 points is an achievement. That's how low we've sunk sadly.
Well said

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis/Flanagan halves, Averillo at one.

Barrett is embarrassing.

The first 1/2 hour of the game proves that these guys can play.

They’re being coached dumb.

Bring back Georgallis and the result is marginally better.

So why did we sign Barrett again?
Should of given Jim Dymmock the job. Remember that guy?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Should of given Jim Dymmock the job. Remember that guy?
1) it's "should have"

2) I've been saying for ages, he doesn't wanna coach FG. Don't you think after all these years, he'd have coached in the NRL by now? At least had a crack in ESL?

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Averillo 25 tackles zero misses. A line break and a couple of set restarts. Certainly an improvement and a better option than Lewis and Flanagan.
I agree he did play better today.

But do you really think he is a half? Long term?

Might not be doing the kid justice playing him there...