Averillo Can not organise!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I reckon he is a 6. He reminds me so much of Jack Wighton who went through the same thing, constantly from postion to position until he finally settled as a 5/8. Gotta remember he is still only 20....
You're on to something there. He is similar to Wighton :grinning:

Like to see him try out for FB tho.

How silly a position our club is tho where players are coming/,learning their new positions in first grade.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our fans IQ is awful though, so they don't have a clue. Watching the dogs these last few years has minced our brains.
We all be disorientated these days... We are the equivalent to a player in the sheds with a head knock doing a HIA test.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're on to something there. He is similar to Wighton :grinning:

Like to see him try out for FB tho.

How silly a position our club is tho where players are coming/,learning their new positions in first grade.
I thought he was a FB too and like you would love to see him there though I dont know if he has the voice or work rate for it. Personally to me it looks like we will get the best out of Avo with a simple role next to a weapon in Burton.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I thought he was a FB too and like you would love to see him there though I dont know if he has the voice or work rate for it. Personally to me it looks like we will get the best out of Avo with a simple role next to a weapon in Burton.
Only problem is:

I can't see Avo as a 7 to Burto 6.
And I can't see Burto as a 7 to Avo 6.

I think Burton needs the extra room at 6. He seems to go side ways before straightening so 7 problematic?

Avo would need to do a different role for a 7 ...of a primarily runner bc he will be dominated by Burton and can't organise.

Its tricky with pairing them.

Flanaghan is the one...if he comes good but he doesn't look like he is competent enough to complement Burton until he starts going better.

Bit of a pickle:grinning:

Reactions: ATT

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only problem is:

I think Burton needs the extra room at 6. He seems to go side ways before straightening so 7 problematic?

Avo would need to do a different role for a 7 ...of a primarily runner bc he will be dominated by Burton and can't organise.

Flanaghan is the one...if he comes good but he doesn't look like he is competent enough to complement Burton until he starts going better.

Burton has stated he wants to be 7 though and I believe that kid can do anything tbh. Yes he and Avo are similar players though in all honesty i would rather have two 6's than Flanagan in the team. I cant do halves that cant kick I am sorry... Its like having a slow winger or a FB that cant catch.

Reactions: DDR

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Burton has stated he wants to be 7 though and I believe that kid can do anything tbh. Yes he and Avo are similar players though in all honesty i would rather have two 6's than Flanagan in the team. I cant do halves that cant kick I am sorry... Its like having a slow winger or a FB that cant catch.
Absolutely agree. Flanno no where up to speed atm. I meant if he picked up his game.

I thought Burton said 6 tho?

I have 200% confidence in Matt but we dont want him tied down to organising everyone else. I don't think thats his game...thats too structured for him....especially trying to get blood out of a stone with our team most of whom will still be there :grinning:

Anyway good problem to have. Baz will keep him happy.

Hopefully he fills in for Cleary and we get another look at him as a 7.

Reactions: ATT

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely agree. Flanno no where up to speed atm. I meant if he picked up his game.

I thought Burton said 6 tho?

I have 200% confidence in Matt but we dont want him tied down to organising everyone else. I don't think thats his game...thats too structured for him....especially trying to get blood out of a stone with our team most of whom will still be there :grinning:

Anyway good problem to have. Baz will keep him happy.

Hopefully he fills in for Cleary and we get another look at him as a 7.
Yeah I dont think Flanno has got what it takes...

I said a while ago Burton reminds me of Thurston, he just looks a footballer who can do it all... I actually think he's the type to grab the bull by the horns rather than be burdened by it.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I dont think Flanno has got what it takes...

I said a while ago Burton reminds me of Thurston, he just looks a footballer who can do it all... I actually think his the type to grab the bull by the horns rather than be burdened by it.
Probably right. He looks special :grinning:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only problem is:

Honestly, we're getting too bogged down in this I reckon.

With the game the way it is you want 2 instinctual halves who can ball play, who can both do a bit of organising, who can both run but most importantly play with momentum.

I think Flanagan got made redundant basically over night. He really has to go back to the drawing board to have a career in the NRL at this point.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon he is a 6. He reminds me so much of Jack Wighton who went through the same thing, constantly shifted from position to position until he finally settled as a 5/8. Gotta remember he is still only 20....
Glad I’m not the only one who sees similarities with Wighton. I think he’ll keep the 6 spot next year.

If Jahrome Hughes can be 7 at Melbourne, I don’t see why Burton can’t be our 7 with Averillo at 6.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Serious question: Does Avo have a good looking GF/Partner..

You know what they say a stunner usually means no confidence issues.

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can’t judge Avo’s organisational ability with this current team, it would be like trying to herd fuckin cats... half the ***** in this team would be lucky to know which way to run each half.