Australia Day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i could really open a can of worms with my response to this

But I won't do it here as it will digress from the actual topic of Australia Day

You are fine to have what ever opinion you wish.

Even if it's wrong
Or right

But this is not a wrong or right issue

The fact is

The default setting for you lefties is the minority's of racist bogans

You were quick to reference flag wearers

I want to go or record saying

If I, as a white man celebrated Australia Day on the selected day
And am happy for it to remain as is
That does not make me a nazi or bigotry or racist or white supremacists or any other offensive term leftist like to hurle out,
LOL, you say you wont open a can of worms, but proceed to make a long post.

But, ok, some of your points are taken. I remain in my view that wearing I don't think wearing the flag as a cape is good.

It doesn't always have to be about "right" and "left". few Australians even used these terms until a few years ago.

Enjoy your Australia day, as I have already said somewhere a few pages ago. I will be doing the same.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Really?

How did you come to that conclusion from his post

Wow

Talk about getting on the back foot

I think this topic is a little too emotional for you mate.

I don't know why?

If I can ask
What's your nationality?
Are you black
White
Ethnic
I don't reach that conclusion - but was putting a question back to Mr I.

As for emotion, come on mate, you are the one getting emotional. I just contributed a few posts this morning. If I was so emotional, I would have stayed glued to the topic for the past 24 hours. I just am providing my point of view.

My nationality? Australian.

Mr heritage? Don't particularly give a crap TBH, never looked into it. My sister wanted to help once with tracing out family tree. I told her i CBF.

Further questions?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
PH, I don't particularly want to get off-side with you before the season starts. You already have Zee as your Kennel mortal enemy, :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly I’m not sure about the accuracy of that figure..particularly in irelation to money going overseas...I have reliable source in UNICEF..that stated that the majority of monies donated go in admin costs..that’s what I based my comment on..
One of the problems with running an NGO in places like Africa, even the most well intentioned ones, if that its very difficult to get trhough thre end recipient. Bribes are paid, there is sometimes waste etc as local authorities stop goods going somewhere, and yes, there are admin costs.

Keeping is close to the topic of Australia Day, and being Australian, I say to people if they don't want to give to a mob like World Vision, Childfund etc, maybe then look to helping a less fortunate Aussie, whether it be giving to a local community group, or volunteering. This might sound like a selfish reason, but often I get more out than what I put in :grinning:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't reach that conclusion - but was putting a question back to Mr I.

As for emotion, come on mate, you are the one getting emotional. I just contributed a few posts this morning. If I was so emotional, I would have stayed glued to the topic for the past 24 hours. I just am providing my point of view.

My nationality? Australian.

Mr heritage? Don't particularly give a crap TBH, never looked into it. My sister wanted to help once with tracing out family tree. I told her i CBF.

Further questions?
I'm just trying to figure you out and your motives

You are usually one of the more interesting and intelligent posters on the kennel

I usually enjoy your input and opinions on topics and have always respected your input.

Some of your posts on this topic, I have found disappointing to come from you.

I'd expect the undertones from other posters but not from you.

And it appears to come from your emotions not your topical level head

I'm trying to find out why?

Are you white riddled with white guilt?
What is your motivation to lobby so strongly about this topic of date

You referenced the flag
I assume you want that changed

The national anthem
Is that the trifecta? Do you want that changed?

What's the agenda and motivation in your opinions that you seem to get emotional over.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the problems with running an NGO in places like Africa, even the most well intentioned ones, if that its very difficult to get trhough thre end recipient. Bribes are paid, there is sometimes waste etc as local authorities stop goods going somewhere, and yes, there are admin costs.

Keeping is close to the topic of Australia Day, and being Australian, I say to people if they don't want to give to a mob like World Vision, Childfund etc, maybe then look to helping a less fortunate Aussie, whether it be giving to a local community group, or volunteering. This might sound like a selfish reason, but often I get more out than what I put in :grinning:
That ain’t a selfish reason when your actions benefits others CB.. It’s a fine and noble reason..:blush:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
PH, I don't particularly want to get off-side with you before the season starts. You already have Zee as your Kennel mortal enemy, :grinning:
I don't want to get in your bad side either
I do respect your input

Lol as for zee
We have a love hate relationship

We are 2 of the same kind of people with opposite upbringing and points of view

I still love and respect zee more than most on the kennel.
Despite our arguments that have sometimes sadly reached some low levels .

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't want to get in your bad side either
I do respect your input

Lol as for zee
We have a love hate relationship

We are 2 of the same kind of people with opposite upbringing and points of view

I still love and respect zee more than most on the kennel.
Despite our arguments that have sometimes sadly reached some low levels .
His name is Zooper..@Zooperman.. Why he changed to that name I’ll never know..lol!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure you out and your motives

You are usually one of the more interesting and intelligent posters on the kennel

I usually enjoy your input and opinions on topics and have always respected your input.

Some of your posts on this topic, I have found disappointing to come from you.

I'd expect the undertones from other posters but not from you.

And it appears to come from your emotions not your topical level head

I'm trying to find out why?

Are you white riddled with white guilt?
What is your motivation to lobby so strongly about this topic of date

You referenced the flag
I assume you want that changed

The national anthem
Is that the trifecta? Do you want that changed?

What's the agenda and motivation in your opinions that you seem to get emotional over.
No "agenda".

Yes it as me who bumped the thread. More after I saw what I thought were interesting numbers from a survey on what people even knew about.

I am neither a friend nor foe of indigenous Australians. I grew up in the bush, so probably know more than the average Aussie, and I also have see more of the issues indigenous Aussies face, but of course, it doesn't qualify me in shit. I don't claim to speak on behalf of them, I give my own views simply as an Australian, who, whilst seeing its faults and reserves the right to be crucial, still realises its a good place to live. I live in Australia by choice.

I take your points on what I think you saw as a sleight against your views, and I apologise in this regard. Having said that, you seem to be continually missing my points about my thoughts on the date. I am going to repeat them one final time:

- I think the original date chosen was the wrong one TBH. It was the date that Captain Phillip declared an empty land for England. I don't think this is what it means to be Aussie etc.
- Having said that, and I have said this a number of times, I don't see a strong enough argument for a date change, not do I see an alternative date that is significant enough.

There. That's it.

Now to the other questions:

1. The flag. I referenced more into the "flag waving, cape wearing Aussie". I used the word naff, and explained it. I thought that was that TBH. I apologise for stereotyping, but I will also note that the stereotyping exists for a reason. Do I want to change the flag? No. I'm actually pretty indifferent on the flag's design. I think becoming a republic is more important and should happen first before the flag becomes and issue. I even used to have an Aussie flag hanging from the window in my apartment, but I don;t like how it became a negative symbol in some ways. I hope going forward people continue to sue it as a symbol of togetherness, not division and shutting out others.

2. National Anthem - Not sure why you have picked it out here. IIFC, I more mentioned that I would be singing it on Australia Day, and it was hard to remember the 2nd verse. Hell, I sung it just last week at an event (albeit only the first verse). Like all national songs, it's not all that exciting (although a Swiss mate of mine loves singing it, as he tell me that he thinks the Swiss anthem is awful, although i've never bothered to listen to it), but I don't have an issue with it. Actually, despite the second verse being hard to remember, it actually contains a couple of good lines like: "we've boundless plains to share". The Anthem sends a message of inclusiveness, something that some Aussies should make look to follow.

I'll also be singing the Seeker's song "I am Australian" later this week, although there has been some bureaucratic rangling regarding copyright - local council people can't help themselves sometimes.

I still don't think i'm particular emotional about the topic specifically, but we are now talking about it, and I have a view. I will call out what I see as not correct, or if I strongly, disagree with it.

Man, you are wearing me out. I;m supposed to be doing some house work before the cricket starts.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck. Now I feel like a Zooper Dooper...

Aussie icon :grinning:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck. Now I feel like a Zooper Dooper...

Aussie icon :grinning:
The Endless awesomeness that is Australia

Lol at those that don't get the notion of celebrating Australia Day and only look at it as a holiday

Talk about missing the point

Status
Not open for further replies.