Australia Day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of you know I’m indigenous.
99% of us couldn’t give a fuck about Australia Day being changed.
The only people that care are wanker lefties.
Someone was always going to colonise here and it could’ve been much worse if it was the Portuguese etc.
As a matter of fact I am boycotting the Triple J hottest 100 for the first time ever because of this divide they have made.

I only read a few comments here and sorry don’t want to get involved in Middle East politics stuff because frankly they are always at war.

Have a great Australia Day everyone and don’t listen to the vegans who are offended for people they don’t even know. My land bitch but enjoy and go the dogs
Word.
Most aboriginies in my opinion don’t care and get embarrassed by the kerfuffle.

A lot of what you said my friend Anthony Dillon (aboriginal professor) has been saying for years. Basically a lot of people just get fake offended, virtue signal, but ultimately don’t give a fuck about the real issues involving abo’s.
Namely, the sexual abuse and child abuse and drug abuse and whatever abuse that is occurring in regional communities.

The lefties want the glamour of protesting and symbolic victories but truly don’t care about the real people that need help

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It makes no sense to change the date.
No invasion happened on the 26th. None. there was a peaceful settlement, and then when a few aboriginals raided a farm two years later it caused a war.

Modern day Oz is linked to the 26th. It’s logical.

And if you pander to the Minority of inner city hippies and city aboriginals (country ones don’t really care) it don’t stop there.

The Rudd apology was meant to fix things. ABSTUDY, abo legal aid, free uni was also meant to fix it.
You change the date, you’ll be left looking like a cuckold while they move on to the next thing to complain about, while there is a victim mentality in place, where aboriginals are told their ills aren’t in their hands, the vicious cycle will continue.

The date stays!
Agree with everything you said but can see it happening.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Word.
Most aboriginies in my opinion don’t care and get embarrassed by the kerfuffle.

A lot of what you said my friend Anthony Dillon (aboriginal professor) has been saying for years. Basically a lot of people just get fake offended, virtue signal, but ultimately don’t give a fuck about the real issues involving abo’s.
Namely, the sexual abuse and child abuse and drug abuse and whatever abuse that is occurring in regional communities.

The lefties want the glamour of protesting and symbolic victories but truly don’t care about the real people that need help
Dillon is a "friend " of yours? Sure he is.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Aborigines can still take part in Australia day, its not all about the past which they have been compensated for, they fought for equality and got it, some poor Police culture and prejudices still exist but they should still be taking part in the day being part of the nation that has been built.
Let them celebrate with us as Aussies, who don't need much of an excuse for a few beers.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyhow was listening to ray Hadley the other morning and it got me thinking

Apparently most Americans are happier now than they were with Obama..despite all the negative attacks on his personality

Business is growing and people are happier.

Bottom line.. the guy knows how to run a business and is deploying his knowledge to fix what's wrong with the country and not using his presidency for political bullshit.

He's actually genuinely fixing the economy and making 'America great again'

My point is I'm glad this has come to light and I'm also glad we as a nation are not cowering to the 'offended' minority to change Australia day.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyhow was listening to ray Hadley the other morning and it got me thinking

Apparently most Americans are happier now than they were with Obama..despite all the negative attacks on his personality

Business is growing and people are happier.

Bottom line.. the guy knows how to run a business and is deploying his knowledge to fix what's wrong with the country and not using his presidency for political bullshit.

He's actually genuinely fixing the economy and making 'America great again'

My point is I'm glad this has come to light and I'm also glad we as a nation are not cowering to the 'offended' minority to change Australia day.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You can't be serious

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You can't be serious
Steady on mate
She simply said she heard it on the radio

It may or may not be true, but it is what was reported

I have also heard this

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Steady on mate

I have also heard this
And drew what seems to be a strange connection at the end.

I mean, one can be of the belief that Trump is doing a good job by doing it "his way", and one can be happy that Australia isn't allegedly kowtowing to some sort of noisy minority.

But I just don't see any link or causation between those two.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Steady on mate

I have also heard this
Ray hadley ffs

Ray fucking Hadley

He's a liar he's a propagandist

The US economy was doing quite well under Obama and the CONTINUED growth under Trump is a result of Obama's policy and work.

There's something called policy lag, where it takes economic policy time to kick in.

Show me ONE just ONE economic policy Trump has enacted and influenced the economy and show me how this policy has influenced the economy

You won't find ONE, You know why? Because there hasn't been any!!!

And as far as the country being united, yeh definitely there were more Nazis out in the open mowing down people with their cars under Obama right?

The claim is so ridiculous it deserves to be laughed at

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of you know I’m indigenous.
99% of us couldn’t give a fuck about Australia Day being changed.
The only people that care are wanker lefties.
Someone was always going to colonise here and it could’ve been much worse if it was the Portuguese etc.
As a matter of fact I am boycotting the Triple J hottest 100 for the first time ever because of this divide they have made.

I only read a few comments here and sorry don’t want to get involved in Middle East politics stuff because frankly they are always at war.

Have a great Australia Day everyone and don’t listen to the vegans who are offended for people they don’t even know. My land bitch but enjoy and go the dogs
While I completely respect your opinion and feelings on this issue I find it funny that those that oppose the Australia Day protests are VERY QUICK to jump on your bandwagon and give you a thumbs up.

By all means I'm not negating your opinion, it's valid and should be taken into consideration, what I'm point at is the hypocrisy that those same are very quick to accept your opinion and hold it up high while negating the opinions of indigenous people who take objection to Australia Day.

The fact is, we live in a vast society and not everyone has the same opinions, hence the only real resolution in a democracy is to come to a conclusion to keep all parties happy.

So while your opinion, as an indigenous person is valid, so too is the opinion of an indigenous person who opposes the current date.

The other problem here is that what people are arguing for/against the reasons some indigenous people oppose Australia day's current date, is quite ignorant. I've read the indigenous opposition to the date and their reasons, and a lot of the reasons being presented here don't really address the issues they have with it.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And drew what seems to be a strange connection at the end.

I mean, one can be of the belief that Trump is doing a good job by doing it "his way", and one can be happy that Australia isn't allegedly kowtowing to some sort of noisy minority.

But I just don't see any link or causation between those two.
No
That is neither here nor there

The point wolf made was
In her mind that scenario
True or not
Hot her thinking about Australia Day date
And she referenced strong leadership not caving to public pressure for the greater good

I thought she made a valid point is all I'm saying

Whether it's right or not

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ray hadley ffs

Ray fucking Hadley

The US economy was doing quite well under Obama and the CONTINUED growth under Trump is a result of Obama's policy and work.

There's something called policy lag, where it takes economic policy time to kick in.

Show me ONE just ONE economic policy Trump has enacted and influenced the economy and show me how this policy has influenced the economy

And as far as the country being united, yeh definitely there were more Nazis out in the open mowing down people with their cars under Obama right?

Refer my reply to Croydon

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have one opinion regarding the Australia Day debate:

1) Who cares what day it's on?

I understand how people support tradition and such but fuck it. It's a day. Celebrate it on any day as far as I'm concerned.

The part I find really funny is when right wingers and Conservatives pick on Lefties, Progressives and Aboriginals for getting offended and calling it "Invasion day", but the moment you talk about changing the date the right wingers and Conservatives get offended and kick up a stink.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ray hadley ffs

Ray fucking Hadley

Please elaborate. What exactly was it that Hadley said (we all know he's a Karmichael of the highest order).

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I have one opinion regarding the Australia Day debate:

1) Who cares what day it's on?

I understand how people support tradition and such but fuck it. It's a day. Celebrate it on any day as far as I'm concerned.

The part I find really funny is when right wingers and Conservatives pick on Lefties, Progressives and Aboriginals for getting offended and calling it "Invasion day", but the moment you talk about changing the date the right wingers and Conservatives get offended and kick up a stink.
Can't please everyone dude. The way I see it, if Australia wasn't invaded, Aboriginal people wouldn't enjoy the fine beer they can't get enough of today.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
While I completely respect your opinion and feelings on this issue I find it funny that those that oppose the Australia Day protests are VERY QUICK to jump on your bandwagon and give you a thumbs up.

By all means I'm not negating your opinion, it's valid and should be taken into consideration, what I'm point at is the hypocrisy that those same are very quick to accept your opinion and hold it up high while negating the opinions of indigenous people who take objection to Australia Day.

The fact is, we live in a vast society and not everyone has the same opinions, hence the only real resolution in a democracy is to come to a conclusion to keep all parties happy.

So while your opinion, as an indigenous person is valid, so too is the opinion of an indigenous person who opposes the current date.

The other problem here is that what people are arguing for/against the reasons some indigenous people oppose Australia day's current date, is quite ignorant. I've read the indigenous opposition to the date and their reasons, and a lot of the reasons being presented here don't really address the issues they have with it.
It works both ways

On this topic the opinions of the indigenous will be taken in as it's more emotional and rightly so for them.

I do give their opinions more notice
Regardless what their individual stance may be

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No
That is neither here nor there

The point wolf made was
In her mind that scenario
True or not
Hot her thinking about Australia Day date
And she referenced strong leadership not caving to public pressure for the greater good

I thought she made a valid point is all I'm saying

Whether it's right or not
I support a strong leader not caving to the public for the general good, but which side is considered "general good" here?

Are we saying that it's a good thing to keep pissing off the Aboriginals so we don't offend some Conservatives who won't be affected by it any way other than their own personal bitterness?

Status
Not open for further replies.