News Arthur Laundy demands answers on Trent Barrett

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's experienced with sponsorships, but the man ain't a miracle worker. I think if we don't put a fair few Ws on the board to end the year, he is going to struggle to find a major sponsor.
Why would he need a miracle? How many teams in the comp don't have a major sponsor? None.. What are you on about? You make it seem like if Laundy leaves then the club will fold without him.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We aren't running to the media with our 'drivel'. Just because Laundy is a sponsor, doesn't mean the old fossil has to be informed about what is going on. The old prick likes the sound of his own voice & actually thinks he is relevant. :tearsofjoy:
The media monitor these forums, and it becomes the source of many of their stories.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow, just wow this thread. We are current wooden spooners and look like retaining it, playing the most boring and frustrating footy that is at times painful to watch. We get Friday 6pm and Sunday 2pm games which we know are the time slots reserved for the lowest viewed teams, and people on here seem to think that we are highly marketable and would have lines of companies knocking our door down to give us $1m a year. I read most posts on here and don't post much, but had to step in here.

We should all be thankful that Arthur stepped in with his money at a time the club was at its lowest point on and off the field, and during covid lockdowns, leading to reduced sponsorship money. He has only ever had good things to say about the club, shown loyalty to the club and players, and yes even as a lowly paying member myself I would like an explanation, so why wouldn't someone who has given the club $1,000,000. I actually think it is poor form the club didn't speak to him before the media asked for his opinion. A simple phone call or text from the club could've avoided this sensationalised nothing article.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why would he need a miracle? How many teams in the comp don't have a major sponsor? None.. What are you on about? You make it seem like if Laundy leaves then the club will fold without him.
I never said we would fold, I said he might be difficult to replace while the team is going so shyte. If you cast your memory back, you will recall we spent a long time playing without a front of jersey sponsor prior to Laundy signing up, so what I'm saying really isn't too outrageous.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow, just wow this thread. We are current wooden spooners and look like retaining it, playing the most boring and frustrating footy that is at times painful to watch. We get Friday 6pm and Sunday 2pm games which we know are the time slots reserved for the lowest viewed teams, and people on here seem to think that we are highly marketable and would have lines of companies knocking our door down to give us $1m a year. I read most posts on here and don't post much, but had to step in here.

We should all be thankful that Arthur stepped in with his money at a time the club was at its lowest point on and off the field, and during covid lockdowns, leading to reduced sponsorship money. He has only ever had good things to say about the club, shown loyalty to the club and players, and yes even as a lowly paying member myself I would like an explanation, so why wouldn't someone who has given the club $1,000,000. I actually think it is poor form the club didn't speak to him before the media asked for his opinion. A simple phone call or text from the club could've avoided this sensationalised nothing article.
Truth!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I never said we would fold, I said he might be difficult to replace while the team is going so shyte. If you cast your memory back, you will recall we spent a long time playing without a front of jersey sponsor prior to Laundy signing up, so what I'm saying really isn't too outrageous.
That was when the Andersons were around and the pandemic had just started. Completely different circumstances. We'll soon find out as I don't think Laundy will be the sponsor next year. I'm confident that we'll have no problems finding a new sponsor, likely on a more lucrative deal for the club as Laundy got a cheap deal due to the previous timing and circumstances.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That was when the Andersons were around and the pandemic had just started. Completely different circumstances. We'll soon find out as I don't think Laundy will be the sponsor next year. I'm confident that we'll have no problems finding a new sponsor, likely on a more lucrative deal for the club as Laundy got a cheap deal due to the previous timing and circumstances.
He got a cheap deal 2 years ago due to Covid uncertainty about there even being a competition, it's not cheap anymore, far from it.

Always a Bulldog

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's experienced with sponsorships, but the man ain't a miracle worker. I think if we don't put a fair few Ws on the board to end the year, he is going to struggle to find a major sponsor.
Not like you've been wrong before [emoji1787]

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

So Laundy saved the club the same way V'Landys saved Rugby League? The club survived for 85 years before him and will do just fine without him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No he didn't. He negotiated a deal that required him to pay very little in the first year, but has been pumping a fortune into the club since then. It's not the only time we have struggled to land a major sponsor. We previously had to farm out our front jersey sponsorship place to a charity.

Maybe Warburton has something up his sleeve, but I wouldn't just assume that is the case. I think you are being naïve if you assume replacing Laundy will be easy given the shape the club is currently in. Let's be honest, we have made the Tigers look like a professional, well run club in recent years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He got a cheap deal 2 years ago due to Covid uncertainty about there even being a competition, it's not cheap anymore, far from it.

Always a Bulldog
So he paid more because the market dictated it and the club is in a far better position.. Which proves my point that our sponsorship has value and we'll be fine to find another one.. Especially now that Gus, Warburton and Khoury are on board and we have talent like Addo-Carr, Burton, Kikau, Mahoney etc.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was wondering when Laundy would get on his soap box.. I have a simple answer for Laundy.. 5 wins, 29 losses. There's your explanation. You don't like it? Then fuck off..

Clearly he doesn't watch the games or give a fuck about the team. He's as oblivious as always and only cares about getting more media attention.. This is the same person that stuck up for Elliott...
Take it easy B train, uncle Arthur has to play booth sides it called politics mate, all he is saying if it was handled properly, which means if you read between the lines he completely agrees with the decision, just wants it done correctly, so he still has a relationship with barret that’s it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No he didn't. He negotiated a deal that required him to pay very little in the first year, but has been pumping a fortune into the club since then. It's not the only time we have struggled to land a major sponsor. We previously had to farm out our front jersey sponsorship place to a charity.

Maybe Warburton has something up his sleeve, but I wouldn't just assume that is the case. I think you are being naïve if you assume replacing Laundy will be easy given the shape the club is currently in. Let's be honest, we have made the Tigers look like a professional, well run club in recent years.
I think you are being naive and a bit alarmist to say that a massive club that's been around for 87 years will struggle to find a sponsor when we have some great administrators at the club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Take it easy B train, uncle Arthur has to play booth sides it called politics mate, all he is saying if it was handled properly, which means if you read between the lines he completely agrees with the decision, just wants it done correctly, so he still has a relationship with barret that’s it.
That's all fine. But he doesn't need to run to the media about it. He did the same with Elliott and on other issues. Fans hate sponsors that constantly talk shit in the media. Johnstone and the Rashays idiot were the same. All Laundys comments do is make things seem even more dysfunctional.