Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Paid twice as much for Allen with half the ability of that
no anyone can look good outside DCE and Turbo at the moment. Turbo goes off and the team goes shit

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still don’t know why Pay thought Montoya or Holland were better. This guy was our NSW cup captain and played great in his debut game for us. He is developing well over there.
Because pay is a wanker

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great player who’s now thriving at manly, and his confidence is sky high which is also bringing out his best game.!!! What a loss.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
‘But, but T Baz doesn’t hasn’t got the cattle’ ‘Bellamy wouldn’t have done better’
even though HE spent over 1.5m and close to 2m resigning Elliot, Flange, Allan, Henthrington, Waddell.. Fucken lolzzzzzzzz
He made some mistakes early on in recruitment, no doubt, but he’s since picked up JAC, Burton, Dufty, Naden, TPJ and Vaughan. That’s a decent bounce back.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
‘But, but T Baz doesn’t hasn’t got the cattle’ ‘Bellamy wouldn’t have done better’
even though HE spent over 1.5m and close to 2m resigning Elliot, Flange, Allan, Henthrington, Waddell.. Fucken lolzzzzzzzz
At least we get the money back in a couple of years

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
no anyone can look good outside DCE and Turbo at the moment. Turbo goes off and the team goes shit
Harper has had good games when Turbo hasn’t played. I think his first few games where he cemented his potential that right side worked much better. I agree that TB is the key play maker but there are still guys doing their jobs well. Hasn’t Harper been in team of the week for last two weeks and also has some fantastic stats.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Harper has had good games when Turbo hasn’t played. I think his first few games where he cemented his potential that right side worked much better. I agree that TB is the key play maker but there are still guys doing their jobs well. Hasn’t Harper been in team of the week for last two weeks and also has some fantastic stats.
off the back of DCE and Turbo, he has improved tho.

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
off the back of DCE and Turbo, he has improved tho.
They don’t make the tackles for him or the tackle and line breaks. I think Harper is noted as one of the top one in one tacklers this season.

He has improved for sure - always helps when you have a great team with great players around you. I think he is thriving under Des.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Harper is a decent player. Not really the player that will make or break your premiership campaign though. If our backline next year performs well, people will probably stop looking at him like the one that got away. I look at the envy of our fans this year as something like a teenager who rides a bike seeing a kid a few years older with a cheap car that sees it as a wonderful thing even though it's not actually a prize.
I agree with you. He is a NRL First Grade Standard Centre. Tier 3 level in my eyes.

Tier 1: Joseph Manu, Stephen Crichton and Kotoni Staggs
Tier 2: Josh Morris, Zac Lomax
Tier 3: First Grade standard
Tier 4: Below Average i.e Hopoate
Tier 5: Reserve Grader

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Saab a better version of Okunbor
Saab is much faster than Okunbur
Better leaper and better under the high ball
Better finisher than him

Slightly better defensively

But speed can eliminate some defensive errors like chasing and players down. Cover up defence.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not upset or concerned that we lost Harper he seems hit and miss and rather average.

What does annoy me about that transaction was that he was one of the better centres at the club at the time and we released him mid contract.

It was a low bar granted, still made no sense and still doesn't..

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Only player in the NRL with a perm no thanks