Any More BIG NAME signings before season '23?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah can see us getting Laurie. Gus had to shut it down. But it was definitely discussed. It wasn’t a made up rumour there was always truth to it. I like Laurie but I like avo aswell
so we want to sign the fullback discarded by the worst team in the comp, yeh that makes sense

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
so we want to sign the fullback discarded by the worst team in the comp, yeh that makes sense
I would take Laurie. Needs a few tweaks in his game defensively but he is an excellent ball player. Something you need in a FB.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tbf Laurie is a solid player and you can’t blame him for how shit the tigers are. One of their best players imo and doesn’t mind the contact. He’s just stuck in a shit team

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
he is a rag doll, too small. we will be as bad as dufty, same sort of player
Nothing you can change about size tho. Laurie does have issues as i said and I understand that people have differ opinions but i think it’s easily fixable. I probably wouldn’t compare Laurie to Dufty. Dufty was a team cancer who would blame everyone else for his poor outings, awful defensive FB, passenger in attack and discipline at times also.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
cmon you cant be serious, your taking the piss now
I would take many players over Crighton. Interception and Panther system merchant. He’s just very lucky. What he has accomplished in big games has been very lucky for most of the time (his 2022 GF try was good tho).

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would take many players over Crighton. Interception and Panther system merchant. He’s just very lucky. What he has accomplished in big games has been very lucky for most of the time (his 2022 GF try was good tho).
cmon zane you are smarter than that, you dont get lucky, you make your own luck by having the football intelligence to put yourself in the right positions to make these plays. He reads the game, he reads the pass.
he is a winner and for someone to score a try in 2 GF now a WC final is unbelievable, you need to give some credit.
the kid is a freak and his goal kicking is extreme also