Any More BIG NAME signings before season '23?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder why our 2 execs are in England ? II saw a photo of them on Twitter the other day visiting the ground where Thompson grew up playing at. Has to be business purposes with UK based players. Aust based players they could just wait until their return and work with their managers prior to that. Hopefully it involves a transfer fee for Williams

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonder why our 2 execs are in England ? II saw a photo of them on Twitter the other day visiting the ground where Thompson grew up playing at. Has to be business purposes with UK based players. Aust based players they could just wait until their return and work with their managers prior to that. Hopefully it involves a transfer fee for Williams
Swap for Flanagan could be a win win

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Looks like Allan deal is off at Parra. They just signed Asi. Over to Manly now.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we miss out on Moses or Williams for 2024 what would we think of signing Keary for 2-3 seasons (starting 2023) with lets say Rajab his understudy to eventually take over? He looks to be on the outer at Roosters with talk of Walker and Manu in the halves. Yes he has had some concussion issues, but he would bring some much needed experience to the spine and also help Burton to develop. I have heard no rumours about this but for 2023 probably the only real option other than maybe Williams, Williams would be the better option, but I think Keary would be better than sticking with Flanno.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we miss out on Moses or Williams for 2024 what would we think of signing Keary for 2-3 seasons (starting 2023) with lets say Rajab his understudy to eventually take over? He looks to be on the outer at Roosters with talk of Walker and Manu in the halves. Yes he has had some concussion issues, but he would bring some much needed experience to the spine and also help Burton to develop. I have heard no rumours about this but for 2023 probably the only real option other than maybe Williams, Williams would be the better option, but I think Keary would be better than sticking with Flanno.
Keary is a great player but just too much of a concern about his health. Extremely high risk that if he gets just one more concussion next year he'll have to retire and then the team that has him is back to square 1.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
keary is a shit 7. He is a 6 and nothing else.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They were at the pub with Burton, SBW, Teddy and Moses

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Need to land moses or Williams. Can’t see another option and I’m sure Gus can see that too.
If we are looking at fixing the 7 problem from 2023 onward then it will be Williams,
If we are looking at long-term then Moses it should be !
IMO Moses is a much more skilled 7.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we are looking at fixing the 7 problem from 2023 onward then it will be Hastings,
If we are looking at long-term then Moses it should be !
IMO Moses is a much more skilled 7.
No question moses is much more talented.

Hastings is a knight mate. Williams is other option. Be ideal if he was a 23!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
keary, injury free that is, would be a sensational foil at 7 for Burton. Gets the team to the right parts of the field and lets Burton take over when he wants the ball.
But as you said, his head knocks are a worry. As they want to get manu at 6 you could make a play for him for 23

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No question moses is much more talented.

Hastings is a knight mate. Williams is other option. Be ideal if he was a 23!
Can't be just about talent, but value per cap dollar. And that value is to our team (which might be different for other teams).
In order of "value" (not necessarily talent) it might look something like:
1. George Williams ($650k?)
2. A smokey from our own squad (BBO when fit again or one of the developing halves - Rajab, etc)
3. Mitchell Moses ($950k?) - Massive overs for us, I would have thought and will have to come at the expense of someone/somewhere else in the cap.
4. Kyle Flanagan ($450k? - probably on overs for that). But whether it was Barrett leaving, Potter incoming, Kyle just playing okay, Burton finding his feet, or a combination of all of those, you have to say Burton improved after round 10. So maybe some credit there.
5. Adam Doueihi (asking $900K - bwahahaha - worth more like Flanagan money and not a halfback or fullback anyway - and we already have a 5/8th). I cannot see what we're chasing here (if we are) and why - but then I ain't the coach/recruitment, so...

Whatever it is, we need an upgrade not a sideways move. For mine, if Douehi is considered for '23, we might as well stick with Flanagan and save a couple of hundred $k for a better option for '24+.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan is gone thank fuck just hopefully for 23 not just 24. Bbo be on minimal and out most next year. Wouldn’t touch douhei unless he’s half that figure.

Moses or Williams is a must! Don’t care how we spin it. Williams might be better value if he doesn’t want to come then moses is a must. His cap space is becomes irrelevant to me as any other 7 would be garbage. We need a quality 7!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The talk about Manu and Walker is for 2025 (i.e. the year after Keary's deal finishes). He aint going nowhere.

Also in response to an earlier post, Mitch Moses aint coming for $950k. He is on more than that now ffs. It would take at least $1.2 million to get him to even think about leaving Parra.

Some of the talk on here makes out that the club doesnt realise we need a decent halfback. I am sure Gus is doing everything he can but there are not many options out there especially when we have a halfback on our books next year @ $500k.

I think it would be unlikely we sign a top line number 7 for next year. Flanagan will start and hopefully someone younger will take his spot.