Another day, another soccer riot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
The writing was on the wall early, during the trials, this filth was due to get out of hand, the club should have done something earlier. Poor form Wanderers.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I'm sorry mate, but Bulldogs supporters never went to this kind of rubbish...and never stooped this law... The behaviour of these groups are like nothing this country has ever seen before and that's coming from police officers...

What's worse is that Gallop came out and pretty much labelled it as a nonevent, instead of acknowledging the problem and actively doing something about it. And don't tell me they don't know who they are, you can pick them up from pics and the video very clearly...

Did the WSW management say anything about it? Has any memberships been cancelled or any "supporters" been banned?
Bud this post isn’t even worth a reply

Do I comment on the fact you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what actually happens at Wanderers game (besides what you’ve read or seen reported)

or the fact your opinion of our supporters is so fkn delusional it's laughable

PS "supporters" if you can call them that have been banned, memberships have been cancelled. And for reasons you'd even consider a warning would suffice.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I'm sorry mate, but Bulldogs supporters never went to this kind of rubbish...and never stooped this law... The behaviour of these groups are like nothing this country has ever seen before and that's coming from police officers...
Parramatta 2001? As for that 2nd point, the cops knew what to expect but they're not educated on football áctive support' group and the ultras within active support group. That does not mean they condone flairs, smokies, firecrackers and violence in the stands or with other active groups.

What's worse is that Gallop came out and pretty much labelled it as a nonevent, instead of acknowledging the problem and actively doing something about it. And don't tell me they don't know who they are, you can pick them up from pics and the video very clearly...
The difference between Gallop in the NRL and Gallop in FFA is that he is not reacting and jumping conclusions on certain events that happened like he did in the NRL. Don't think Gallop and FFA will turn a blind eye on this, they will investigate with the police, club and the with the core members of the RBB as they previously done.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any team labelled "Western Sydney" are going to have these kinds of fans. (I know a good 5 - 10 people that are in that vid)

Wont stop me supporting them though.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
Defend them all you like, doesn't make you any better than them.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
The writing was on the wall early, during the trials, this filth was due to get out of hand, the club should have done something earlier. Poor form Wanderers.
I guess its just indicative of the culture at the club.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
PS "supporters" if you can call them that have been banned, memberships have been cancelled. And for reasons you'd even consider a warning would suffice.
If this is really true, and the Club is taking it as seriously as you say they are (and I have no reason to not believe you), I would suggest they find a new PR company, because all that is currently being repoerted is shirtless hooligans throwing flares.....

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Wanderers need to clean up these bozos with the help of the FFA.

The Bulldogs have done it.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree

Bud this post isn’t even worth a reply

Do I comment on the fact you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what actually happens at Wanderers game (besides what you’ve read or seen reported)

or the fact your opinion of our supporters is so fkn delusional it's laughable

That's a bit rich considering I have been to a WSW game and vowed never to repeat the experience. Also I have been to plenty of Aleague games, not to mention I have watched live soccer overseas, I have seen Barca, Real, AC Milan, Inter, MANU, Arsenal, Tottenham, PSG, Lyon, Benefica, Byran Munchic & leverkussen, and the rest just to name few... and I know all about soccer and it's traditions and hooligans, and these my friends are hooligans... nothing more...

Any team labelled "Western Sydney" are going to have these kinds of fans. (I know a good 5 - 10 people that are in that vid)

Wont stop me supporting them though.
So if you don't agree with their doings, why don't you point then out to the WSW management, since they are bringing a bad name to the club that you love.

If this is really true, and the Club is taking it as seriously as you say they are (and I have no reason to not believe you), I would suggest they find a new PR company, because all that is currently being repoerted is shirtless hooligans throwing flares.....
Absolutely, Because I haven't heard anything about that... Why don't they come out and say something.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Mate the media is doing what the media does best … we know that better then anyone

3 months ago, a group of guys received 1 year bans for jumping too high during celebrations and landing a few rows further down. Both the club and core supporter base work overtime, self policing, educating new fans, codes of conduct.

You get a minority, and the media EAT THAT UP cause it sells

Have the reports shown the flares Sydney FC started?

How much was made of the Melbourne Heart fan who king hit the Wanderers fan last week? That was caught on broadcasting cameras mate

Have the reports shown the Sydney FC supporter launching a chair in the middle of the walking group during the 2nd game?

I’m not for one second defending the minority here, but a rice grain can be made look like a mountain and you boys are eating that sh!t up when you of all people should know better

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate the media is doing what the media does best … we know that better then anyone

3 months ago, a group of guys received 1 year bans for jumping too high during celebrations and landing a few rows further down. Both the club and core supporter base work overtime, self policing, educating new fans, codes of conduct.

You get a minority, and the media EAT THAT UP cause it sells

Have the reports shown the flares Sydney FC started?

How much was made of the Melbourne Heart fan who king hit the Wanderers fan last week? That was caught on broadcasting cameras mate

Have the reports shown the Sydney FC supporter launching a chair in the middle of the walking group during the 2nd game?

I’m not for one second defending the minority here, but a rice grain can be made look like a mountain and you boys are eating that sh!t up when you of all people should know better
So why the WSW don't hold a news conference to separate themselves from these Hooligans, and vow to punish them? That's what the Bulldogs did..How many times did Greenburg has to stand infront of cameras vowing to deal with the perpetrators?

We are not saying that all the supporters are bad, but there is a HUGE section of them that are... I have seen it, my mates have seen it

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Agree

That's a bit rich considering I have been to a WSW game and vowed never to repeat the experience. Also I have been to plenty of Aleague games, not to mention I have watched live soccer overseas, I have seen Barca, Real, AC Milan, Inter, MANU, Arsenal, Tottenham, PSG, Lyon, Benefica, Byran Munchic & leverkussen, and the rest just to name few... and I know all about soccer and it's traditions and hooligans, and these my friends are hooligans... nothing more...

So if you don't agree with their doings, why don't you point then out to the WSW management, since they are bringing a bad name to the club that you love.

Absolutely, Because I haven't heard anything about that... Why don't they come out and say something.
1. No sh!t

2. Mate, up until this week we’ve had nothing but glowing reviews and feedback. I don’t know what game you think you went too and experience you think you had but I assure you every week someone new has come with me and have absolutely loved it. “I know all about soccer and it’s traditions and hooligans” bud you’ve seen Green Street Hooligans one too many times and that sums up your entire knowledge on the topic

3. Again, you don’t know anything. Our crowds grow by the thousands PER GAME. The minority isn't the core supporter base we all know. However the systems in place by FFA have already face recognised all these clowns. You don’t know about any of this, so I won’t go into too much detail

4. lol

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
So why the WSW don't hold a news conference to separate themselves from these Hooligans, and vow to punish them? That's what the Bulldogs did..How many times did Greenburg has to stand infront of cameras vowing to deal with the perpetrators?

We are not saying that all the supporters are bad, but there is a HUGE section of them that are... I have seen it, my mates have seen it

Pinned RBB Media Statement Sydney Derby via 2UE
Mar 26 2013 09:49 AM | turnermate in Supporter Articles

The Red and Black Bloc wishes to distance themselves from the incidents that occurred during the pre-game march through Church St Parramatta.

A video has emerged on 2GB's website of an incident that took place last weekend and The Red and Black Bloc wishes to deny it's involvement in the incident that took place, and condemn those who were involved. These individuals do not represent the Red and Black Bloc, our views, our support nor our sport. These are not regulars of the support base.

It has become apparent that a minority of fans partaking in the march for the Sydney derby last Saturday night were more intent on participating in anti-social behaviour to families dining pre-game, rather than passionately supporting their team, which the march represents. The Red and Black Bloc does not promote anti-social behaviour and actively attempts to eliminate it from our fanbase. Anti-Social, rude, violent and illegal behaviour is not tolerated at any time in the Red and Black Bloc fanbase, march, functions or matchday.

The Red and Black Bloc’s matchday march is a tradition down to the stadium, and that all of the club’s fanbase are invited to join in. The march has had involvement from children, the passionate fans, and even older members of the community. The surrounding businesses have all enjoyed our march and it is a facet of the matchday atmosphere.

The Red and Black Bloc wishes to apologise to the Sydney FC fans tormented by the minority who joined in on the march at the Sydney Derby, and wishes to express our deepest sorrow for the anti-social behaviour they were a victim of.

The Red and Black Bloc is a strong believer in self-policing of the support group and is actively working toward creating a fun, passionate environment for the Wanderers supporters to experience. The Red and Black Bloc were able to work successfully with security in removing several supporters involved in anti-social behaviour at the match.

The Red and Black Bloc are actively attempting to identify the individuals involved in the pre-game march incident, as well as investigate further incidents relating to the FFA’s hired security company, Hatamoto, and a separate incident involving an unprovoked attack from one of the stadium’s security staff.

The Red and Black Bloc are very happy to announce that the members of the community who benefitted from tickets donated by the Red and Black Bloc community enjoyed the match between Western Sydney Wanderers and Wellington Phoenix, and hope that these fans will become Wanderers for life.

Click here to find the 2UE Article

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. No sh!t

2. Mate, up until this week we’ve had nothing but glowing reviews and feedback. I don’t know what game you think you went too and experience you think you had but I assure you every week someone new has come with me and have absolutely loved it. “I know all about soccer and it’s traditions and hooligans” bud you’ve seen Green Street Hooligans one too many times and that sums up your entire knowledge on the topic

3. Again, you don’t know anything. Our crowds grow by the thousands PER GAME. The minority is the core supporter base we all know. However the systems in place by FFA have already face recognised all these clowns. You don’t know about any of this, so I won’t go into too much detail

4. lol
You seem very close to the club. On a serious note can you answer the following as I have limited knowledge of the club.

As I understand they have commenced this year & they are on top of the table (well done).

1. Is Parra stadium is their home ground?
2. What & where is their club?
3. How many members do they have?
4. As they are a new club do they have team doctors, physios and all the rest or are they running on a tight budget?
5. Finally will they win the comp this year in your opinion?

I look forward to your response.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-thugs-with-bans/story-fndcv8ir-1226606745115

WESTERN Sydney Wanderers have accepted full ownership for an incident involving a group of fans harassing a Sydney FC supporter before last weekend's A-League derby. Video emerged on Tuesday showing a man wearing a Sydney FC shirt being hit by an object as a mob of chanting Wanderers fans moved past a Parramatta restaurant on the way to witnessing the Sky Blues' 1-0 win last Saturday night.

Police made a total of seven arrests for unruly behaviour on the night.

"Our club's got to take full ownership for this, and we do," executive chairman Lyall Gorman told ABC Radio on Tuesday.

"We don't stand for this and nor will we stand for it.

"It's not a part of a our brand in any shape or form and we'll do whatever we can with stakeholders to weed it out of the game."

Gorman said 14 supporters have already been banned from the game for at least five years during the club's inaugural A-League season, and predicts more to come.

"We've still got this minority hooligan thug element who will try and break those rules wherever they can," he said.

"If there's 30, 40 or 50 people we've still got to get out of this game we'll do everything we can to do it.

"Be assured: they will be banned for a very, very lengthy period from our game, let alone what actions follow through from normal legal due process."

Superintendent Robert Redfern from Parramatta Local Area Command said police are reviewing footage of Saturday's incident but no formal complaint had been made by the victim.

He said the 160-plus officers who were on duty during last weekend's match "clearly wouldn't be enough" for the Wanderers' next game.

"We will be looking closely at what happens for the next match and if we need more, we'll need more," Supt Redfern told ABC Radio.

A-League boss Damien de Bohun joined the chorus of condemnation of fans involved in poor behaviour.

"The sold-out crowd of nearly 20,000 provided a huge amount of colour, noise and theatre, and the overall behaviour was exceptionally good," said de Bohun in a statement.

``Those fans who disturbed the enjoyment of fellow fans with anti-social behaviour have no place in the game.''

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
You seem very close to the club. On a serious note can you answer the following as I have limited knowledge of the club.

As I understand they have commenced this year & they are on top of the table (well done).

1. Is Parra stadium is their home ground?
2. What & where is their club?
3. How many members do they have?
4. As they are a new club do they have team doctors, physios and all the rest or are they running on a tight budget?
5. Finally will they win the comp this year in your opinion?

I look forward to your response.
Mate I’m not overly close to the club. Foundation member, proud westie :p

I’m just dumbfounded by Bulldogs supporters condemning an entire club for the actions of a minority … what a joke

Parramatta is the main stadium, they don’t have a club. They are fully staffed however being a first year team, you can’t expect them respond to incidents the way an 80 year old franchise can unfortunately. They’re victims of their own success in that regard

Last I checked it was over 7000, maybe more

Decent chance of winning the Premiers plate, not sure about the championship though

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. No sh!t

3. Again, you don’t know anything. Our crowds grow by the thousands PER GAME. The minority isn't the core supporter base we all know. However the systems in place by FFA have already face recognised all these clowns. You don’t know about any of this, so I won’t go into too much detail

4. lol
You keep saying that I don't know anything.... like that's a defence... again I am not saying that YOU are the one who is doing these things but you shouldn't be defending them...

They are not Minority, there is a large group of them.

I know this...

I have been to a game with my mate and his 2 young kids... some guy with tats and funny haircut started yelling at my mate's 10 years old daughter... When we called security and he ejected him, his mates and there was about 20+ of them starting screaming obscenities at my mates kids... one very intelligent guy was asking my mate 10 years old daughter "whose your daddy"?

Lot more shit happened to lots more people, whom I know or know off. There had been complaints lodged with the WSW club and nothing happened about it, not even a letter of apology...

Honestly mate, stop turning the blind eye and pretending everything is ok, solving the problem starts by admitting that you have one.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The true level headed Wanderer supporters should stand up to the d!ckhead Wanderer supporters especially if they can (big blokes only) & if they are harassing opposition families.

I know that alot of the Bulldog supporters have stopped d!ckhead Bulldog supporters in the past.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate I’m not overly close to the club. Foundation member, proud westie :p

I’m just dumbfounded by Bulldogs supporters condemning an entire club for the actions of a minority … what a joke

Parramatta is the main stadium, they don’t have a club. They are fully staffed however being a first year team, you can’t expect them respond to incidents the way an 80 year old franchise can unfortunately. They’re victims of their own success in that regard

Last I checked it was over 7000, maybe more

Decent chance of winning the Premiers plate, not sure about the championship though
Very well done to the club for their first year.

In comparison with AFL the Suns & GWS are still cellar dwellers. The Wanderers have done extremely well!

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont love the club lol. The only club i love is the bulldogs. I just find their on field performances entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.