Official Andrew Hill quits

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Definitely not my intention! I am a bulldogs fan from birth. I’ve been lurking here for a long time but decided to join the forum because I have had enough of the instability in the front office and the board. But can appreciate how my thoughts could be misconstrued.
I’m only here to support the team my friend
So after all the shit we have been through it took this for you to sign up?

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
So after all the shit we have been through it took this for you to sign up?
Once Ray Dib et al were gone it was obvious there was going to be a couple of years of struggle. Now we are out of the salary cap mess, things are looking up on field and then we fire the CEO. I don’t think the clubs custodians are carrying out their role with the clubs best interests at heart.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I heard he was pushed. Hill used to leak a lot of news to the media which is why he was pushed. Everyone in the media was shocked when he ‘quit’ because even Hill didn’t see it coming.

Wolf in sheep’s clothing.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hill is a distinguished sports administrator, former CEO of the RLIF. We were so lucky to have him. I’m not saying John Khoury is a poor operator, just that the board allowing a guy like that to be knifed for what seems like power broking is just serving to drag the club further into the mud. From where I’m sitting the situation reeks of ego.
And international rugby league is booming! Lol
Im not fussed he is gone. Theres no proof that he is responsible for the rebuild. People that suggest he was, are likely Anderson haters, or simply recognise the changes made as happening after she left, which must make Hill the man responsible. However there is no direct evidence to suggest that he is responsible IMO. Im not saying he was a bad administrator, but people claiming he was solely responsible are reaching.

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And international rugby league is booming! Lol
Im not fussed he is gone. Theres no proof that he is responsible for the rebuild. People that suggest he was, are likely Anderson haters, or simply recognise the changes made as happening after she left, which must make Hill the man responsible. However there is no direct evidence to suggest that he is responsible IMO. Im not saying he was a bad administrator, but people claiming he was solely responsible are reaching.
He’s the CEO Ofcourse he’s responsible. Also responsible for when shit hits the fan.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep
Also
Theres no evidence to prove he was not responsible for it either haha
What are you looking for? Signed statements from players, from sponsors saying that everything was Hills doing? Get real mate.. he’s the CEO, he’s in the position to put people in places to get things done. Whether you like it or now, all of those things happened under his watch and he is able to take partial responsibility for it

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is the role of CEO Necessary in a football club? Are they not guided by the board?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are you looking for? Signed statements from players, from sponsors saying that everything was Hills doing? Get real mate.. he’s the CEO, he’s in the position to put people in places to get things done. Whether you like it or now, all of those things happened under his watch and he is able to take partial responsibility for it
Im not. I was supporting your statement

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe he was an NRL shoe in and the board squeezed him out?
Do we have anyone better?

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is the role of CEO Necessary in a football club? Are they not guided by the board?
I'm very inclined to agree. Rugby League clubs appear to be incredibly top heavy with large boards and executive teams, yet the overall organisation probably has about 80 staff. I would say a CEO is necessary to a degree but it is probably more so a lot of the other roles that could be scrutinized.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Board members are not employees, they are not working 5 days a week 9 to 5, they may only meet monthly for a couple of hours and Directors attendances at Board Meetings are included in the Annual Report. Often Directors have more than one Board that they sit on and the head of the Board is commonly referred to as the Chairperson. Directors are often unpaid positions, for example I am a Director of 2 organisations and they reimburse me for any expenses that I might incur on their behalf, but I don't get paid as such. Directors have compliance and fiduciary requirements as per the Corporations Act but the operating activities of the business are not their direct responsibility.

The actual day to day overall management of the Club (Company, Organisation etc) is carried out by employees with the common titles of Chief Executive Officer, General Manager, Managing Director, Chief Operating Officer etc. All staff report through the chain of command to the CEO, GM, COO, MD etc. They work 5 days, 9 to 5 (nominally) and are exclusively employed by the organisation, for example it is most unusual for a CEO to have another paid job. Although senior executives often have unpaid roles, particularly with charities and other not for profit organisations.

Directors are voted in by the shareholders, or in our case members, and the CEO, GM, COO, MD etc is appointed by the Board.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm very inclined to agree. Rugby League clubs appear to be incredibly top heavy with large boards and executive teams, yet the overall organisation probably has about 80 staff. I would say a CEO is necessary to a degree but it is probably more so a lot of the other roles that could be scrutinized.
There’s not a dis-proportionate amount of staff and as the annual report just showed the football club turned a profit so it’s reasonably well managed considering the year that was 2020...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s the CEO Ofcourse he’s responsible. Also responsible for when shit hits the fan.
He is not responsible for recruitment. As far as im concerned, Hill did a great job to get us through Covid, and i would have been happy for him to stay on. However this does not mean that there are no better replacements.
As for the position that our club is in now, this is all thanks to Trent Barrett. It was Barrett that personally recruited the current coaching staff, while also getting rid of the rest of them. He is also responsible for all of our new recruits, except Cotric.
My point is, the reason that we are in the position that we are, is not by the hand of Hill, but Trent Barrett. He wasnt a bad administrator, but people suddenly saying he did a fantastic job are not entirely right.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is not responsible for recruitment. As far as im concerned, Hill did a great job to get us through Covid, and i would have been happy for him to stay on. However this does not mean that there are no better replacements.
As for the position that our club is in now, this is all thanks to Trent Barrett. It was Barrett that personally recruited the current coaching staff, while also getting rid of the rest of them. He is also responsible for all of our new recruits, except Cotric.
My point is, the reason that we are in the position that we are, is not by the hand of Hill, but Trent Barrett. He wasnt a bad administrator, but people suddenly saying he did a fantastic job are not entirely right.
And who hired Trent Barrett?