Official Andrew Hill quits

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This smacks of short sighted power broking that has become endemic in the boardroom. Hill was the one operator at a commercial level that I had faith in. The guy is a whiz, but because Khoury was wary of his power become too great he’s decided to flick him. Great. Peter parr would be a good Football director but we are going to struggle to get corporate talent of a high caliber when that’s how they get treated. Hill’s done a remarkable job cleaning up after Des and should be commended. He can leave with his head held high.
You are giving Hill too much credit mate he hasn’t done anything at all everything started moving once John Khoury got the role and good on him for giving Hill the flick I respect that decision and have confidence in our chairman

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He seems to be very entitled and you get the feeling, he feels at least, he has far more power and sway that a 500k sponsor.

Expected to be fully informed and consulted before the decision was made?

Is that normal practice with relationships between clubs and sponsors?
also seems like the type of guy to continually threaten to pull sponsorship whenever the board are considering voting against something he wants to happen. Hope I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
also seems like the type of guy to continually threaten to pull sponsorship whenever the board are considering voting against something he wants to happen. Hope I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get.
Yes might be media misquotes of course....can't trust 'em.

Will have to wait and see but for the amount of kudos etc he is getting, he prob needs to be paying more than the reported 500k :grinning:

Red_Horse

Waterboy
Reaction score

Will have to wait and see but for the amount of kudos etc he is getting, he prob needs to be paying more than the reported 500k :grinning:
But if true Laundy is coming across as way too entitled for a new sponsor @ only 500K. Hopefully this is a sign that Khoury and the board are setting the standards of what Laundy is privy to early in the relationship. If given too much influence Laundy sounds like he could be a poisoned chalice.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He seems to be very entitled and you get the feeling, he feels at least, he has far more power and sway that a 500k sponsor.

Expected to be fully informed and consulted before the decision was made?

Is that normal practice with relationships between clubs and sponsors?
If the club didn’t inform Laundy of Hill’s resignation I think that is pretty poor form and he probably should be getting informed of something significant like that. On the other hand talk to the club about it if he has an issue it seems he holds the club to ransom every time something happens and threatens to pull his sponsorship.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know it's the nature of the industry where politics and network are everything, but I'd like to see us select someone on the commercial side of the business with demonstrated experience in building a national and global brand. I feel like we are doing ourselves a disservice by selecting someone without this experience because the Bulldogs have the potential to overtake the Broncos as the most recognised sporting brand in Australia.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Laundy has been around long enough to not get 'misquoted' by the media. Although it is poor to have not told our major sponsor, it is worse to be commenting through the media.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laundy has been around long enough to not get 'misquoted' by the media. Although it is poor to have not told our major sponsor, it is worse to be commenting through the media.
He should have been informed at least before it was made public.
Surely our major sponsor and someone who is in the early stages of sponsorship deserves a call.
To find out through media first is a bit offensive,well he certainly made his thoughts nice and clear regarding this matter.
No reply from our management

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This smacks of short sighted power broking that has become endemic in the boardroom. Hill was the one operator at a commercial level that I had faith in. The guy is a whiz, but because Khoury was wary of his power become too great he’s decided to flick him. Great. Peter parr would be a good Football director but we are going to struggle to get corporate talent of a high caliber when that’s how they get treated. Hill’s done a remarkable job cleaning up after Des and should be commended. He can leave with his head held high.
There’s more to this than we’ve been told. Hill had to go and the club gave him the option of resigning or being sacked. He’s responsible for some shady dealings.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
There’s more to this than we’ve been told. Hill had to go and the club gave him the option of resigning or being sacked. He’s responsible for some shady dealings.
Shady dealings??? Like what?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shady dealings??? Like what?
To be honest there all probably a little bit dodgy when money is involved.
I couldn’t care less in the background stuff just as long that our team start winning games and is heading in the right direction
Cannot stand turning up and watching sub standard footy

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
You are giving Hill too much credit mate he hasn’t done anything at all everything started moving once John Khoury got the role and good on him for giving Hill the flick I respect that decision and have confidence in our chairman
Hill is a distinguished sports administrator, former CEO of the RLIF. We were so lucky to have him. I’m not saying John Khoury is a poor operator, just that the board allowing a guy like that to be knifed for what seems like power broking is just serving to drag the club further into the mud. From where I’m sitting the situation reeks of ego.

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
That’s hearsay and if the proof comes out that this is true then I will obviously have a different perspective. Until then I stand by what I said.