Official Andrew Hill quits

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Earlier this afternoon James Hooper was on talk back and they were talking about the Bulldogs, and to summarise what Hooper said was the following;

- Hill was pushed out by Khoury

- Hill was very close to Barrett and Laundy

- Dogs are looking at splitting the CEO position into two (one to look after commercial side and the other to look after the football side

- Some Parr bloke from Cowboys will be head of football and they are looking at getting Craig Laundy to look after commercial side

- Dogs are a powerful club and never stay at the bottom for long

- They have recruited very well and are looking at finding a top class hooker. He said someone like Brandon Smith and that he was surprised that the club was not looking and are not interested at Cameron McIness

- Corey Allen will be starting at fullback

- He reckons Dogs will just miss out on the 8

- He reckons St George will get the spoon while 48% of online voters reckon Broncos will getyhe spoon again
Thanks for the info.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hasn't it always been split? You have your CEO and then your GM of Football?
Yes it has.
I can only take this as they mean the football side of the CEO role will be recruitment / cap management.
GM Football is day-to-day operations of the team outside the coaching program, hard to see that function as part of a CEO role though so what else would that person do.
The commercial side of the CEO role will be sponsorship, NRL and board dealings etc.
Interesting structure.
Not sure if any other clubs split that role.
I still think you need one boss so I reckon a CCO/COO structure under single CEO is better.
Maybe not enough dollars right now for that until revenue improves further.
The gun has fired so wait and see I guess.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Earlier this afternoon James Hooper was on talk back and they were talking about the Bulldogs, and to summarise what Hooper said was the following;

- Dogs are looking at splitting the CEO position into two (one to look after commercial side and the other to look after the football side

- Some Parr bloke from Cowboys will be head of football and they are looking at getting Craig Laundy to look after commercial side

- They have recruited very well and are looking at finding a top class hooker. He said someone like Brandon Smith and that he was surprised that the club was not looking and are not interested at Cameron McIness

- He reckons St George will get the spoon while 48% of online voters reckon Broncos will getyhe spoon again
I normally don’t rate the chrome dome’s mail that highly but this actually doesn’t sound unbelievable.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Whenever I ask my sources about Hill. They have always said he is a great bloke BUT not a ceo.

No doubt Hill was liked by alot of people. But those people (including Laundy) would likely also accept he wasn't suited to lead the club into the future.

Hooper is just trying to sell papers.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So what exactly does Steve Hanson do?

New Zealand's Rugby World Cup-winning coach Steve Hansen will link up with the NRL's Canterbury Bulldogs as a high performance consultant.

He will work with the Bulldogs' coaching and management staff, as well as the players' leadership group.

"He was responsible for being a major driving force behind one of the most successful sporting brands in history and his knowledge and thoughts on areas such as leadership, high performance, preparation and team ethic will be invaluable to our club."

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Took me a long time to understand what the hell that show was on about .... then one day I started chuckling along to their bad jokes.
Still my favourite. I’ve got them all

Red_Horse

Waterboy
Reaction score
From SMH Andrew Webster article Jan 15th

Dirty Laundy

Bulldogs major sponsor Arthur Laundy will meet with the club's board after being blindsided by the sudden departure of chief executive Andrew Hill.

“I was unaware at the time of the departure and I was quite annoyed about that,” Laundy told this column. “I was supposed to meet with the board on Thursday afternoon but I’m unavailable and have to reschedule, but I wish to know how informed I’m going to be in the future. I was totally unaware of it. The first person to contact me was the press.”

There have been rumblings about Hill’s tenure for almost a year, although it seemed he’d survived the boardroom shenanigans that have rocked Belmore over the last three years.

I’ve been told some directors are bemused at claims Hill considers himself responsible for the current rebuild, including the appointment of Trent Barrett as coach and key signings of several players for this season and next.

Who’s his replacement?

Expect the usual suspects to come out of the woodwork but there is already a push for former director Anthony Elias, who quit the board in disgust just three years ago.

Apart from his sharp business acumen, he’s got an innate knowledge of how the Bulldogs roll.

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
This smacks of short sighted power broking that has become endemic in the boardroom. Hill was the one operator at a commercial level that I had faith in. The guy is a whiz, but because Khoury was wary of his power become too great he’s decided to flick him. Great. Peter parr would be a good Football director but we are going to struggle to get corporate talent of a high caliber when that’s how they get treated. Hill’s done a remarkable job cleaning up after Des and should be commended. He can leave with his head held high.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
From SMH Andrew Webster article Jan 15th

Dirty Laundy

Bulldogs major sponsor Arthur Laundy will meet with the club's board after being blindsided by the sudden departure of chief executive Andrew Hill.

“I was unaware at the time of the departure and I was quite annoyed about that,” Laundy told this column. “I was supposed to meet with the board on Thursday afternoon but I’m unavailable and have to reschedule, but I wish to know how informed I’m going to be in the future. I was totally unaware of it. The first person to contact me was the press.”

There have been rumblings about Hill’s tenure for almost a year, although it seemed he’d survived the boardroom shenanigans that have rocked Belmore over the last three years.

I’ve been told some directors are bemused at claims Hill considers himself responsible for the current rebuild, including the appointment of Trent Barrett as coach and key signings of several players for this season and next.

Who’s his replacement?

Expect the usual suspects to come out of the woodwork but there is already a push for former director Anthony Elias, who quit the board in disgust just three years ago.

Apart from his sharp business acumen, he’s got an innate knowledge of how the Bulldogs roll.

Be nice when Laundy learns to keep stuff in house rather then spill his guts in the media. It’s becoming a habit with him.

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Be nice when Laundy learns to keep stuff in house rather then spill his guts in the media. It’s becoming a habit with him.
thats the other thing that gets me these days, everything playing out in the press. All our business used to be conducted behind closed doors. Until the fractures in the board and people stabbing each other. We need unity. We need to return to the Canterbury Bankstown way.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He seems to be very entitled and you get the feeling, he feels at least, he has far more power and sway that a 500k sponsor.

Expected to be fully informed and consulted before the decision was made?

Is that normal practice with relationships between clubs and sponsors?