Official Andrew Hill quits

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bulldogs and chief executive Andrew Hill have parted ways.

Hill has led the re-build of Belmore heading into this year including the appointment of coach Trent Barrett.

The move comes as a shock given the high profile recruits the Bulldogs have signed this year including Kyle Flanagan, Nick Cotric, Jack Hetherington and in recent days Corey Allen.

Hill was appointed in 2017 after a long stint at the NRL. He took on a Bulldogs club engulfed by constant boardroom battles and an out of shape salary cap.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting timing I wouldn’t be surprised if Hill has something else lined up. Considering where the club is at the moment it should be pretty easy for a new CEO to come in and continue the work. It’s just a matter of finding the right person.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting timing I wouldn’t be surprised if Hill has something else lined up. Considering where the club is at the moment it should be pretty easy for a new CEO to come in and continue the work. It’s just a matter of finding the right person.
Like you said the right person ... I hope whoever it is “IS THE RIGHT PERSON” because this is such a important moment for the club as we try and turn it around again

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like you said the right person ... I hope whoever it is “IS THE RIGHT PERSON” because this is such a important moment for the club as we try and turn it around again
The heavy recruitment has been done for the next few years and we have stability at board level now so a lot has been turned around. Would have been nice if Hill stayed but it’s not the end of the world.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting timing.
It would have been a good time to hang around and have an easier go off things.
I'm glad that he stuck around to make the last couple of months work and begin turning the place around with the new coaching staff etc.
Wonder what Shane Richardson is up too?

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wait, wut?

Ok, so he was signed originally on a 3 year contract which would have just expired. I thought he did a fantastic job with most things (Being a part of the Pay extension/ Handling of the Okunbor/ CHN incident could have been better) but overall he’s done a great job. To not be at the helm next season when things are finally looking positive is a bit shit. He must have something lined up.

I wonder who we bring in for next. Would be a nice job to walk into compared to how things were even 6 months ago.