Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Actually got some oil today that apparently we are very much still in the AFB hunt. What Weidler said was a smoke and mirrors tactic.
I’ll try and get more, but I have been told not only are we in the mix, we are close.
Screenshot_20231217_211626.jpg

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
AFB off to Sharks probably means they don’t re-sign Hamlin-Uele who is off contract end of 2024. I would approach him but I suspect Wahs will sign him and possibly allow a swap for 2024.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drags were offering $1.125m for 5 yrs no? Surprised he declined for $1m/yr if so, although it may have been more about what NZ wanted and Sharks were willing to swap. That seems the main, if not only reason we weren’t interested, because they wanted Preston or Kiks. Their requirements for a player to come their way would have been the deciding factor probably.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Drags were offering $1.125m for 5 yrs no? Surprised he declined for $1m/yr if so, although it may have been more about what NZ wanted and Sharks were willing to swap. That seems the main, if not only reason we weren’t interested, because they wanted Preston or Kiks. Their requirements for a player to come their way would have been the deciding factor probably.
To be honest mate I think this is just us using a softening excuse. No release/swap linked yet to warriors. I think it’s a case he probably feels sharks a better option re lifestyle and roster right now. Maybe by end of 24 if we stay healthy it looks different but I’m pretty disappointed that we missed out on that deal.

Couldn’t give a fuck about Luai on his deal and money butWe urgently need a prop and a top 4 prop comes up and missed the boat for whatever reason.

Positive I guess is imagine being dragons? Perhaps that what Gus and tigers smelt. Was always wanting sharkies and just used the rest to make it $ and length of years. Dogs bailed. Tigers bailed. Dragons tried and got left holding their dick.