Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So, who from the Sharks is worth making a call to?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Imagine some
Flog dribbling about this when he claimed Luai to us as overs?

Or the other flog who claimed daddy Failagain the saviour when he missed not only afb but also dearden and welsby all in a week [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] 0/3

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sharks have alot of money tied up in their team long term now, especially in the backs + Hynes. Their premiership window will be open, however lots of juniors could well be ripe for the picking if they don't make some very tough decisions Talakai and Katoa are their biggest issues ATM.

I doubt Sharks let him go, but I hope we can steal Hazleton somehow.
Talakai is AFB'S cousin

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh laundry is a myth in my eyes. He’s not spending in our roster reckon he’s a media whore who just loves to talk.

Appears warriors relented on a player swap. Tin foil hat… Gus isn’t stupid and arguably one of the sharpest operators I reckon it was clear afb was going to sharks/wanting too.

We basically got left with the choice of jumping on Tracey before dragons did and we decided it’s a good player to add while sharks got the $ figures and dragons got made to look like cucks.

Sucks cause we need that alpha.

If Gus goes on and gets may and another prop that helps us have two big ***** for the price of afb I’ll call it a win.

If we miss may and say Klemmer pops up or uele or something then we just got confirmation clubs look at us above tigers and dragons but still see us unattractive compared to say sharks (to which I don’t think are anything special as per their record against top teams)
Laundy is no Uncle Nick… Nick loves the chooks with his heart and soul and will do anything to keep the Roosters as Premiership contenders I can’t say the same for Uncle Arthur but, but he’s still great for the club. Hopefully we snare some quality forwards for 2025, 2024 is gone - Gould probably focusing on Luai now and that gives us a dynamic backline but no grunt up front… maybe the plan is to go nuts on solid forwards for 2025 in the mould of Hamlin Uele

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought he was dragon bound but apparently the prospect of joining a guaranteed top 8 side vs a spoon team was more appealing.

Can't see him staying for four years though, he'll ask to be released after two imo

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%!

It’s a 4yr deal worth $4m.

Surely the TPJ $$$$ we had up our sleeve could have been spent on this bloke ffs?

Its not Gus bashing… but when Gus came onboard during Covid, we had to ask the Raiders for 2 x Props to help us out due to being short with injuries up front…. Here we are now 3yrs later, and nothing has been addressed for this exact same issue!

Anyway…. I’m still excited for the 2024 season, just hope the forwards all stay injury free
Tbf we’ve had no problem signing top quality or promising players in all positions except prop. JAC, Kiks, Critta, and Mahoney are all elite. Burton was very hyped coming through and can still turn into an elite player. Guys like Xerri have potential to be elite. Preston was plucked from obscurity. There’s a lot to like about our recruitment and retention, but we just can’t settle on a deal for a top prop.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting, so we could be negotiating with him then.
Nope, legally we would need Cronulla‘s permission to negotiate as they have the Option for 2025. Otherwise next November is when negotiations can start.

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sharks have alot of money tied up in their team long term now, especially in the backs + Hynes. Their premiership window will be open, however lots of juniors could well be ripe for the picking if they don't make some very tough decisions Talakai and Katoa are their biggest issues ATM.

I doubt Sharks let him go, but I hope we can steal Hazleton somehow.
Tom Hazleton here we come.
Give it a few days and you will see "Hazelton linked to Bulldogs" from the media flops.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Initially I thought AFB would have been a good get but longer I thought about it I’m glad we didn’t offer him a contract. If he had to get out of Sydney before what’s to stop the reasons he left from coming back to be an issue? He hasn’t seen out his last two contracts, he’s demanding too much money.
Being over in NZ was probably a good thing for his football career. Too much risk. He didn’t want to come to dogs for the right reasons it was either money or a better roster. We be better with someone who is hungry and wanting to prove themselves with an opportunity.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope, legally we would need Cronulla‘s permission to negotiate as they have the Option for 2025. Otherwise next November is when negotiations can start.

Always a Bulldog
Your probably right although I imagine the date would be June 30, that's when player options need to be activated by

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very disappointed. We should have signed him. Quality prop and worth over a million. We have the worst props in the game. We have more than enough money.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Laundy is no Uncle Nick… Nick loves the chooks with his heart and soul and will do anything to keep the Roosters as Premiership contenders I can’t say the same for Uncle Arthur but, but he’s still great for the club. Hopefully we snare some quality forwards for 2025, 2024 is gone - Gould probably focusing on Luai now and that gives us a dynamic backline but no grunt up front… maybe the plan is to go nuts on solid forwards for 2025 in the mould of Hamlin Uele
Exactly. I reckon Gus knows he can get say Hamlin Uele or Tom Hazleton, Matt Croker and Terrell May and all for not much more than AFB.