Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest mate I think this is just us using a softening excuse. No release/swap linked yet to warriors. I think it’s a case he probably feels sharks a better option re lifestyle and roster right now. Maybe by end of 24 if we stay healthy it looks different but I’m pretty disappointed that we missed out on that deal.

Couldn’t give a fuck about Luai on his deal and money butWe urgently need a prop and a top 4 prop comes up and missed the boat for whatever reason.

Positive I guess is imagine being dragons? Perhaps that what Gus and tigers smelt. Was always wanting sharkies and just used the rest to make it $ and length of years. Dogs bailed. Tigers bailed. Dragons tried and got left holding their dick.
It’s been reported and Warriors would obviously want a replacement in turn for letting him leave way early. I honestly think it was always our achilles heal in making a deal happen. Unless we gave up one pf our few quality players, we’d miss out. We were reportedly not interested a week ago, so whether it be because Gis didn’t like the cut of his jib, or the swaps they proposed weren’t desirable, we didn’t want him.

It sucks when you see him sign for an already strong pack and we desperately need an experienced, quality prop, but who knows how it will work out. For all we know he’ll be asking for a release from Sharks like his two previous clubs.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sharks have alot of money tied up in their team long term now, especially in the backs + Hynes. Their premiership window will be open, however lots of juniors could well be ripe for the picking if they don't make some very tough decisions Talakai and Katoa are their biggest issues ATM.

I doubt Sharks let him go, but I hope we can steal Hazleton somehow.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sharks have alot of money tied up in their team long term now, especially in the backs + Hynes. Their premiership window will be open, however lots of juniors could well be ripe for the picking if they don't make some very tough decisions Talakai and Katoa are their biggest issues ATM.

I doubt Sharks let him go, but I hope we can steal Hazleton somehow.
Tom Hazleton here we come.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Didn't he re-sign with the sharks ?
I believe so, but I guess it all depends on the minutes he receives and if Sharks offload Hunt or Uele to Warriors.
Gotta remember despite likely being his last season, Finucane has to come back into the team this year also. So someone's minutes in 24' are going to be drastically reduced if they don't release someone.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I believe so, but I guess it all depends on the minutes he receives and if Sharks offload Hunt or Uele to Warriors.
Gotta remember despite likely being his last season, Finucane has to come back into the team this year also. So someone's minutes in 24' are going to be drastically reduced if they don't release someone.
They will show finucane Graham the door and no doubt run a very dominate pack for a while.

AFB, brailey, uele
Nikora, Wilton, McInnes
Hunt, Rudolph, hazelton

Pretty jealous of that.

Kikau Preston and Curran is probably a backrow I’d prefer but geez the bench and starting props is all starters for us.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They will show finucane Graham the door and no doubt run a very dominate pack for a while.

AFB, brailey, uele
Nikora, Wilton, McInnes
Hunt, Rudolph, hazelton

Pretty jealous of that.

Kikau Preston and Curran is probably a backrow I’d prefer but geez the bench and starting props is all starters for us.
Pretty strong pack, if I'm Sharks though I'm experimenting / trialling McInnes left edge backrow to try fix defensive issues on that edge. Would then play Jack Williams at lock who is pretty strong defensively. Wilton bench to cover middle or edge.

Their success will depend on who they have at 6, and if they have the balls to drop Talakai for Iro.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

AFB, brailey, uele
Nikora, Wilton, McInnes
Hunt, Rudolph, hazelton

Pretty jealous of that.

Finucane is rubbish and if they could offload him now they would.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
AFB off to Sharks probably means they don’t re-sign Hamlin-Uele who is off contract end of 2024. I would approach him but I suspect Wahs will sign him and possibly allow a swap for 2024.
This sounds like the ideal scenario as Warriors have a solid option.

You have consider AFB’s options, get similar money for the following.
Bottom tier teams: Dragons, Tigers & Bulldogs or a top 4 contender: Sharks.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
AFB going into an already strong pack and we don’t even have a single starting quality middle. Depressing AF
100%!

It’s a 4yr deal worth $4m.

Surely the TPJ $$$$ we had up our sleeve could have been spent on this bloke ffs?

Its not Gus bashing… but when Gus came onboard during Covid, we had to ask the Raiders for 2 x Props to help us out due to being short with injuries up front…. Here we are now 3yrs later, and nothing has been addressed for this exact same issue!

Anyway…. I’m still excited for the 2024 season, just hope the forwards all stay injury free

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100%!

It’s a 4yr deal worth $4m.

Surely the TPJ $$$$ we had up our sleeve could have been spent on this bloke ffs?

Its not Gus bashing… but when Gus came onboard during Covid, we had to ask the Raiders for 2 x Props to help us out due to being short with injuries up front…. Here we are now 3yrs later, and nothing has been addressed for this exact same issue!

Anyway…. I’m still excited for the 2024 season, just hope the forwards all stay injury free
Yeah, I don’t get it bro. If we were gunna pay overs for anyone, especially post TPJ and Thommo it would be AFB. An alpha prop leader is what we have needed for fkn years and we pull out? We have Laundy who can provide juicy TPAs and we miss out for a mil per year deal. This is fkd

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh laundry is a myth in my eyes. He’s not spending in our roster reckon he’s a media whore who just loves to talk.

Appears warriors relented on a player swap. Tin foil hat… Gus isn’t stupid and arguably one of the sharpest operators I reckon it was clear afb was going to sharks/wanting too.

We basically got left with the choice of jumping on Tracey before dragons did and we decided it’s a good player to add while sharks got the $ figures and dragons got made to look like cucks.

Sucks cause we need that alpha.

If Gus goes on and gets may and another prop that helps us have two big ***** for the price of afb I’ll call it a win.

If we miss may and say Klemmer pops up or uele or something then we just got confirmation clubs look at us above tigers and dragons but still see us unattractive compared to say sharks (to which I don’t think are anything special as per their record against top teams)

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

By the reports AFB's attitude sucked when speaking to Gus.