Abbey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceman

Waterboy
Reaction score
Give him time...if he is still crap after 12 or so games so be it. We need a controlling half and hooker and a coach that has an idea.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Abbey is horrible.. He is slow to gather the ball.. Hes no way ready for first grade

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Your criticism is warranted but positional play will come under guidance of a good fullback which we don't have.

I haven't seen him attack yet, which is his best attribute.

Make a call after 10-20 games. Give him time.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw Abbey contest one high ball in two weeks thats it.Remember he is a FULLBACK.Montoya has more guts than Abbey maybe he should be Fullback.I don't want to crucify the kid but I honestly don't see what Morris did wrong in the 1 jersey.I think Abbey should take his arse back to the reggies and wait a bit longer.He seriously needs to work on his positional play and for GODS sake if you need to do something commit and go 100%.
1. He contested every high ball he needed to today and didn't make a mistake once. It's not his fault DCE didn't send a lot of bombs his way.

2. Your fucken stupid for saying that Morris should be the 1.

3. The boy ran as many times as our forwards did today and commited 100%.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok
This is my 4th attempt to do this thread

Abbey is horrible
No positional play
No nothing
Get on board the anti abbey brigade
Rise up against those miss guided fools who think he has any kind of future in nrl ever
I 100% agree with you there's no point saying we're to tough on the kid but after all the wraps I heard on this guy I was expecting so much better from him he seems to be scared to put his body on the line & does not seem to have the confidence to catch the ball on the full & never seems to be in the right position in defence this was a golden opportunity to hit FG he should have taken it with both hands ala Munster filling in for Robby Slater at the Storm etc. which just goes to show the lack of depth we have apart from all our other problems, This guy could have been a great inspiration to the rest of the team had he caught the ball on the full and ran up the field the way the good fullback should instead of the wingers having to rush back & cover for him maybe I am being tough on him but every time we expect something special we are let down ie Mby, Liecha,Reynolds, Hoppa etc now we are Desperate & in big Trouble because next week will be a cricket score against us by one of the best attacking and defensive teams in NRL.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I 100% agree with you there's no point saying we're to tough on the kid but after all the wraps I heard on this guy I was expecting so much better from him he seems to be scared to put his body on the line & does not seem to have the confidence to catch the ball on the full & never seems to be in the right position in defence this was a golden opportunity to hit FG he should have taken it with both hands ala Munster filling in for Robby Slater at the Storm etc. which just goes to show the lack of depth we have apart from all our other problems, This guy could have been a great inspiration to the rest of the team had he caught the ball on the full and ran up the field the way the good fullback should instead of the wingers having to rush back & cover for him maybe I am being tough on him but every time we expect something special we are let down ie Mby, Liecha,Reynolds, Hoppa etc now we are Desperate & in big Trouble because next week will be a cricket score against us by one of the best attacking and defensive teams in NRL.
Exactly this

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Abbey has always been shit and will always be shit, i have been saying this for a very very long time, how he has played the last 2 games is how he plays week in and out. He isnt FG material and never will be.

And for those saying give him more time or he played well, go check yourself into rehab for the drugs u are smoking or you seriously have no idea about football.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abbey has always been shit and will always be shit, i have been saying this for a very very long time, how he has played the last 2 games is how he plays week in and out. He isnt FG material and never will be.

And for those saying give him more time or he played well, go check yourself into rehab for the drugs u are smoking or you seriously have no idea about football.
You're 100% right.

He is not ready and cant see him being ready for a looong time.
Don't wana sound like a **** but he's straight out weak/soft to be playin with the big boys. I kinda feel sorry for him and i swear if you watch closely even some of the manly defenders felt this.

We are a rabble atm. Abbey is the least of my problems with this club and team.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok
This is my 4th attempt to do this thread

Abbey is horrible
No positional play
No nothing
Get on board the anti abbey brigade
Rise up against those miss guided fools who think he has any kind of future in nrl ever
If you surround a young inexperienced player with crap, he's going to stink.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You're 100% right.

He is not ready and cant see him being ready for a looong time.
Don't wana sound like a **** but he's straight out weak/soft to be playin with the big boys. I kinda feel sorry for him and i swear if you watch closely even some of the manly defenders felt this.

We are a rabble atm. Abbey is the least of my problems with this club and team.
Finally some sense

Lol at the blind faith some have in abbey

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Our pack are weak . Manly owned them. To many times over the years this has ocured. Stats lie. I dont care how many hit ups or mts they make. If they dont bend the line and dominate the ruck the backs or halves would or could never score points. Defensively they are embarrassing. Klemmer and jackson are thw only 2 who know they have a job.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In this case, abbey is just not up to the job.
He's part of the worst spine in the comp and part of a team that can't attack. Not the most ideal conditions for him. Yesterday's shit will seriously fuck with his confidence.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He's part of the worst spine in the comp and part of a team that can't attack. Not the most ideal conditions for him. Yesterday's shit will seriously fuck with his confidence.
He looked just as bad last week in a winning team as he did this week in a losing team

He looked just as bad in the 9s
He looked just as bad in nsw cup

He just isn't what you all want him to be

Sorry that I can see it and you can't

But I'm not going to sit back silently when it's clear as day the kid isn't worth the investment

Our club and our roster across all grades is poor, weather our club know it or not, a rebuild is nessesary

Players will need to be let go

It's not just abbey
There are plenty others

But I'm sick of reading all this bullshit make believe hype about abbey who is yet to show any qualities as a footy player

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looked just as bad last week in a winning team as he did this week in a losing team

But I'm not going to sit back silently when it's clear as day the kid isn't worth the investment

Our club and our roster across all grades is poor, weather our club know it or not, a rebuild is nessesary

It's not just abbey
There are plenty others

But I'm sick of reading all this bullshit make believe hype about abbey who is yet to show any qualities as a footy player
I can see it, my point is what do you expect from him when most of the team is playing like shit too. I don't see any first grade qualities in him yet.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can see it, my point is what do you expect from him when most of the team is playing like shit too. I don't see any first grade qualities in him yet.
I'm getting from him what I expected
I knew all along he was shit

I lolled at all the niff nuffs that wanted him in their starting team since last year

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

It's not just abbey
There are plenty others

Said before that it makes no sense to pay Abbey 300k a season for 3 years when we could have signed an established player 450k for 2 seasons. Its not like we had an established fullback and could afford to sit around waiting for the next big thing to mature into a 1st grader.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Said before that it makes no sense to pay Abbey 300k a season for 3 years when we could have signed an established player 450k for 2 seasons. Its not like we had an established fullback and could afford to sit around waiting for the next big thing to mature into a 1st grader.
So true

We let the warriors sign RTS then we took their reject

We should have signed RTS

But our recruitment over the last 5 years has been poor
Worst of the league to be honest

Des inherited a squad that won the minor. Premiership in all 3 grades

2012 had nothing to do with Des and everything to do with Kevin Moore

des has had us steadily go backwards since he came along

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It's not just abbey
There are plenty others

its a fair point of view . I thought he played ok in his first match and put the errors down to nerves but his positional play was yesterday was unforgivable . Just shows his mind is not mature enough to play NRL.

Nrl is more than just knowing how to play football , everyone knows how to play football at that level so its more about strategy particularly as part of the spine. He failed big time

N

Natboy

We don't have an alternative at the moment. He is very much a confidence player and atm playing behind a team lacking confidence as well as heart unfortunately with the exception of a few (Reynolds, Montoya, Lee)
Maybe a couple more and I would usually say Klemmer but as much as DCE is a little bitch you want to slap you don't give away a penalty when we have the ball and back away from Lawrence when he sticks up for his halfback like any decent forward would.

I am old school but if you slap someone like you're an angry wife you're as weak as piss but put a forward on his arse if it turns to shit.
Let Klemmer play NSW cup for a couple of weeks as punishment and give Taulau a go

Sorry to get off track I am half asleep, hungover and still so fucking angry at Des and our team of overpaid powderpuffs.
I am willing to give Abbey a few more games though but need to see more involve and backing up our forwards in case they learn what an effective offload is.

Maybe should play fullback and can see how disorganised we are from the back.
As much as I hate Wayne Bennett's little depressed fuck buddy at least he barks orders constantly from the back.

What's the NYC fullback like?
El-Jannah or something similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.