8 wins from 30 games since pay

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have said it 100 time. Canberra had the same issues when Pay was their defensive coach.

Difference is. Canberra can score 5-6 tries a game. We are lucky to get 2-3

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have said it 100 time. Canberra had the same issues when Pay was their defensive coach.

And now Canberra are currently the best defensive team in the comp with essentially the same team.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
And I dont see that improving much how are we supposed to endure this for another 12 months?
We just have to endure it. I've stopped feeling enthusiastic about "next year". Our track record is now 100% losers, year after year. Better get used to it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Please which genius mofo re-signed the lost **** after 2 30+ beltings?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Pay and hope he does well, but what he doesn’t have, that a coach such as Macguire had/has is the ability to attract a big name as well as having that experience.

I think as a club, with where we’re at right now, an experienced coach is probably what is needed.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
shouldnt have extended his contract...
Holbrook or O'Brien to come in and take the reigns once we have cash and decent players please.
Who?...Griffin should be first cab...in 2 years time.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay isn't 100% to blame but things like putting Lichaa on in the last 20 when JMK isn't even gassed don't help the situation.....
Said it time and time again Lichaa is a waste he’d be lucky to get a gig in the ESL lower division jmk needs to play the full 80

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And I dont see that improving much how are we supposed to endure this for another 12 months?
You’re not gonna get anywhere with this woke group here lol. It’ll always not be dean gays fault. There’s always an excuse. People who don’t like excuses like me are not real supporters.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wait until we're out of playoff contention THEN you'll see some "madness".

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these excuses for pay, lets wait till decent players come yez say. Name me one big signing and not napa or chn cause they come here for up grades, that pay has attracted or even looks like getting any time soon that is gonna help us at all. Why would any big name player come here after the way we shafted the last 10 to 20 high profile players we already had at the club ?

Old Dog 63

Waterboy
Reaction score
I see a far better future under Pay than most. He is bring kids through and while some might not be ready at least he is providing them with an opportunity.

While winning is always the preferred outcome, I am exceptionally pleased with our competitiveness against the Storm and Souths. We just need to continue to be competitive and the back to back wins will come.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we yet not out of contention when we are all ready 1 win from 5
1 win from 6 rounds to.start the year..
Barely anyone has made the 8 from this position so why not start now. Nothing much to lose when we are dead last..
A massive for and against.. against us...
And an almost impossible mountain to climb just to make the 8 let alone be competitive in the finals

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Their attack was incredible in 2016, 1st in PF with 100+ on the 2nd best team.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But he selected Lichaa
Big Shit! So he did. It’s not the reason we are losing. People are just angry that we are losing that’s why it’s so easy to blame the coach.

I’m not sticking up for Pay. In all my life I’ve never been bias towards anyone. For the life of me I really can’t understand how anyone can judge Pay with our squad! I just can’t stick knives into him until he performs poorly with a decent squad! I just can’t do it, it’s not right.

Friday afternoon we had a 7 time premiership winning coach who has a monster forward pack and a spine that is clearly better than ours that boasts the best hooker in the completion who is the current Australian hooker verses Dean Pay and our very inexperience squad missing Napa & Foran and we get beat by 2 tries to 1.

Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Big Shit! So he did. It’s not the reason we are losing. People are just angry that we are losing that’s why it’s so easy to blame the coach.

I’m not sticking up for Pay. In all my life I’ve never been bias towards anyone. For the life of me I really can’t understand how anyone can judge Pay with our squad! I just can’t stick knives into him until he performs poorly with a decent squad! I just can’t do it, it’s not right.

Friday afternoon we had a 7 time premiership winning coach who has a monster forward pack and a spine that is clearly better than ours that boasts the best hooker in the completion who is the current Australian hooker verses Dean Pay and our very inexperience squad missing Napa & Foran and we get beat by 2 tries to 1.

Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess.
It’s not entirely Pay fault

But he picks Lichaa

We are no chance back end of game chasing points with him down the stretch

If you can’t see that then congratulations you are in the 2% of this world lol