2022 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, how much luck is involved in todays NRL?
With so many collisions, it seems the HIA and bunker are determining the fate of teams.
So many accidental head knocks, the game is turning into a game of luck
Last week Murray went down early, this week Teddy goes down.
It really has turned into a lucky dip.
You can have this player, that player....all means nothing in the end

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, how much luck is involved in todays NRL?
With so many collisions, it seems the HIA and bunker are determining the fate of teams.
So many accidental head knocks, the game is turning into a game of luck
Last week Murray went down early, this week Teddy goes down.
It really has turned into a lucky dip.
You can have this player, that player....all means nothing in the end
This is what P V'L wanted, it's now turned into a farce.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No but he does know how to attack the line like "Three Knees" Hancock.

A defender is going to get seriously hurt if he doesn't get that rubbish out his game.
Absolutely..I thought he was officially warned about it by the NRL

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter where you score, points count the same no matter where you put it over the line.

Roosters had a 2 man advantage at one stage and couldn’t capitalise. No way they deserved to win, outs or not.
2 man advantage would have been been taken advantage of late in the game had Teddy and Crichton been on the park.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
2 man advantage would have been been taken advantage of late in the game had Teddy and Crichton been on the park.
It’s a two man advantage. It should be taken advantage of at any time, regardless of whether Teddy or Crichton are missing. Concussion happens. That’s footy. Roosters were beaten by a better side today.

Rabbits were missing Murray, Cook and Graham last week, didn’t at any point have a two man advantage (in fact they played the end of the game with one short after Latrell got binned) and still made a better fist of it than the chooks did today.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It’s a two man advantage. It should be taken advantage of at any time, regardless of whether Teddy or Crichton are missing. Concussion happens. That’s footy. Roosters were beaten by a better side today.

Rabbits were missing Murray, Cook and Graham last week, didn’t at any point have a two man advantage (in fact they played the end of the game with one short after Latrell got binned) and still made a better fist of it than the chooks did today.
Yes they were a better side today. But I was arguing the fact that you said Rabbits are a better side overall. Roosters finished higher on the ladder and had better attack and defence etc.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But I'm a rorters hater too - how does that work then?

Go put your glasses on - said clearly Klein turned it into a crap shoot. Fluffies were better in the crap shoot. Its on Klein - no one else.
Riiiight. The roosters players who lost by 16 despite having a 2 man advantage for 10 minutes when the game was in the balance had nothing to do with it. All Klein’s fault.

Klein binned 3 players. He didn’t exactly let players run roughshod.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hahahahahahah.. You really are that kid that loves all the despised and mostly warranted unloved.. South Sydney is littered with self righteous flogs that cry at every decision and act like victims 24/7..

Shove Flange and Sweet Caroline in the Redfern rubbish and you would be in utopia.
Don’t like either team, mate. But Souths deserved that victory. They got the better of their opposition when they only had 11 on field. Not easy to do in any era, let alone this era of the six again.

Just telling it like it is. They were better today. Don’t see how anyone can argue against that.

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Raiders paying the Cows a visit in 2 weeks after they take care of the Eels next weekend, while I'm hoping for the Sharks to do, what Soufffs did to the Rorters today, next week against Soufffs, I seriously can't see that happening, so I have Soufffs facing the Panfffers in a fortnight.

Raiders v Cows will be a tough game for the Raiders to win, in Townsville but as Ricky said they're under no illusions, they have no pressure on them as no one expects them to win, but I feel they're playing brilliantly as team and can beat any team in the comp on their day. Problem is, can they do that for another 3 games against teams that were higher than them on the ladder?

Looking very much like a Panfffers v Cows GF.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Riiiight. The roosters players who lost by 16 despite having a 2 man advantage for 10 minutes when the game was in the balance had nothing to do with it. All Klein’s fault.

Klein binned 3 players. He didn’t exactly let players run roughshod.
Binned JWH and Radley (twice) - both front liners for the rorters. Milne (twice), Burgess and Tatola for the fluffies. Tatola is probably the only loss there.

And Radley didn't deserve to be binned at all.

So imv - Radley not getting binned, Milne being sent and Burgess, Tatola not being binned doesn't change the game completely?

Why am I debating with Flanagan? I'm Twaining myself :(