2022 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking very much like a Panfffers v Cows GF.
not sure I agree on the Raiders, depends a bit on if Mitchell Moses plays but Ricky's lads are on a big roll and their pack is bullying the opposition(Roosters and the Eels were on a roll too before this weekend)

Anyway If your right that GF match up will be a serious mismatch...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yes they were a better side today. But I was arguing the fact that you said Rabbits are a better side overall. Roosters finished higher on the ladder and had better attack and defence etc.
If you’re willing to say roosters would have won today at full strength, you’d have to consider the possibility Souths would have won last week if at full strength, no? Had they done that, they’d have finished higher than the chooks. There really wasn’t much between the two teams, points differential or not.

They also had to adjust to a new coach and Halfback this year. Latrell missed a lot of games for them too. Like him or hate him, he brings an aura to that team, Admittedly roosters struggled without Keary too. And even early in the season before Robinson switched his halves around.

Personally I think at their best souths are a little better. Can respect arguments the other way. What I can’t accept is people saying the roosters deserved to win today. They had a golden opportunity and didn’t get it done. Made too many errors too.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said earlier the Channel 9 commentary has nose-dived since Rabbits retired.

It's got to the stage now I'm actually enjoying the comments from Gus and I couldn't stand his commentary a few years back. It's like a breath of fresh air than having to endure Matt Thompson screaming at every 2nd or 3rd tackle. Joey commentating like he's on the gear, Fittler with his one eyed Rorters goggles on, he said at half time that Burgess should've been sent off, not get 10m in the bin. Yet he thought there was nothing wrong with Radley clearly clenching his fist and throwing into a Soufffs player while he wouldn't let the Soufffs player go. Radley sin binned twice certainly has anger management issues but so do about half a dozen players out there today from both sides

Finally thank God for mute buttons on remotes as I can't bear to hear sideline comments from Emma Lawrence.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Binned JWH and Radley (twice) - both front liners for the rorters. Milne (twice), Burgess and Tatola for the fluffies. Tatola is probably the only loss there.

And Radley didn't deserve to be binned at all.

So imv - Radley not getting binned, Milne being sent and Burgess, Tatola not being binned doesn't change the game completely?

Why am I debating with Flanagan? I'm Twaining myself :(
Binned JWH and Radley (twice) - both front liners for the rorters. Milne (twice), Burgess and Tatola for the fluffies. Tatola is probably the only loss there.

And Radley didn't deserve to be binned at all.

So imv - Radley not getting binned, Milne being sent and Burgess, Tatola not being binned doesn't change the game completely?

Why am I debating with Flanagan? I'm Twaining myself :(
JWH was going to be spelled at some point, anyway. Just means he came back with fresher legs. And he was on field when the momentum changed, JWH deserved another stint on the sidelines for his Jake the Snake impression on Murray, imo. How that wasn’t even a penalty is totally beyond me.

How did Radley not deserve a binning? He threw a rabbit punch at a tackled player and he got caught. Sure, there wasn’t much in it, but yo the letter of the law, it’s a binning. Boohoo for Radley.

The fact is teams can sometimes cover for a one man disadvantage, but to do so with two missing from the line is very difficult, no matter how good you think the player missing is. It’s a numbers game. 13 on 11 is a huge disadvantage to overcome. Simple maths.

And Milne was never gonna be a send off in a final. Very rare to see a send off in a final. There were tackles just as bad throughout the course of the season which didn’t result in the offender getting sent. Not sure why you think it was a clear send off.

So to answer your question, no, I don’t think under any circumstances the roosters were winning today. They were outplayed. Copped a few stiff decisions, and had a few others go their way.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they were a better side today. But I was arguing the fact that you said Rabbits are a better side overall. Roosters finished higher on the ladder and had better attack and defence etc.
Rabbits probably finish higher had Latrell not being injured early on…and they rested half their team in the last round

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
JWH was going to be spelled at some point, anyway. Just means he came back with fresher legs. And he was on field when the momentum changed, JWH deserved another stint on the sidelines for his Jake the Snake impression on Murray, imo. How that wasn’t even a penalty is totally beyond me.

How did Radley not deserve a binning? He threw a rabbit punch at a tackled player and he got caught. Sure, there wasn’t much in it, but yo the letter of the law, it’s a binning. Boohoo for Radley.

The fact is teams can sometimes cover for a one man disadvantage, but to do so with two missing from the line is very difficult, no matter how good you think the player missing is. It’s a numbers game. 13 on 11 is a huge disadvantage to overcome. Simple maths.

And Milne was never gonna be a send off in a final. Very rare to see a send off in a final. There were tackles just as bad throughout the course of the season which didn’t result in the offender getting sent. Not sure why you think it was a clear send off.

So to answer your question, no, I don’t think under any circumstances the roosters were winning today. They were outplayed. Copped a few stiff decisions, and had a few others go their way.
Never said the JWH didn't deserve a bin. You saw Radley with a fist and if you watched where it went, he didn't touch the guy. Nonsense.

I didn't even ask a question.

Even on the cones I'm on - making more sense than you. U struggling with 'I'm not a 1st grader' disorder?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Never said the JWH didn't deserve a bin. You saw Radley with a fist and if you watched where it went, he didn't touch the guy. Nonsense.

I didn't even ask a question.

Even on the cones I'm on - making more sense than you. U struggling with 'I'm not a 1st grader' disorder?
If you didn’t ask a question, why did you use a question mark? It was not quite a statement, not quite a question. And after that serving of word salad you actually say you’re making sense? Self parody at its finest, Doogs.

He threw u pinch, bunker deemed it connected. Time to cope, bro.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
If you didn’t ask a question, why did you use a question mark? It was not quite a statement, not quite a question. And after that serving of word salad you actually say you’re making sense? Self parody at its finest, Doogs.

He threw u pinch, bunker deemed it connected. Time to cope, bro.
Yeah - fair play - you didn't answer the question I asked. Slightly different. And being tagged with self parody given your personas - not sure if thats a complement or an insult.

If u think that was a punch - sure.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So tell me how your home advantage worked for you... lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah - fair play - you didn't answer the question I asked. Slightly different. And being tagged with self parody given your personas - not sure if thats a complement or an insult.

If u think that was a punch - sure.
My personas aren’t me, so how can it be self parody?

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might just watch the Bulldogs V the Jets next week in the NSW Cup and the Swans hopefully beating the Pies in Sydney next Saturday.
not sure I agree on the Raiders, depends a bit on if Mitchell Moses plays but Ricky's lads are on a big roll and their pack is bullying the opposition(Roosters and the Eels were on a roll too before this weekend)

Anyway If your right that GF match up will be a serious mismatch...
Penrith without doubt is the team to beat and hope they do go back-to-back but will say I've seen plenty of teams who've dominated the comp through the season only to put in their worst performance on GF Day. Rorters, Manly and Eels are examples of that.

At least they've got the experience having played in the past 2 but anything can happen on the day. I have no doubts Penrith will be there but who they play isn't as easy to pick. Cowboys at home are going to be awfully hard to stop whoever they play in 2 weeks.

Raiders are a team over many years that when they get on a roll they're very to beat, not called the Green Machine for no reason. Whitehead, Tapine, Papalii and Hudson Young are really hitting form at the right time and laying the platform for their backs to run riot. They just have to match the Eels early and if they do, they'll finish too strong for the Eels who showed against the Panthers they puncture when they meet a team with a very strong defensive pack.

Beating the Cowboys in Townsville is going to be a lot harder but wouldn't say it's impossible for the Raiders to go all the way. Hope so but doubt it.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths are still a threat while ever Latrell is playing but they've just got to hope he doesn't get suspended or injured.

I'd prefer Sharks to beat them but can't see that happening. Although they finished lower on the ladder than the Sharks, the Sharks and Cowboys had very favourable draws compared to a lot of other teams through the season.

Souths have too much strike power across the field for the Sharks, but just like me, I'm sure the Panfffers are hoping Sharks win as Soufffs would be a lot harder for the Panthers to beat than the Sharks.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Souths were the best team on the weekend, totally brutal, fast and skillful, wouldn't mind if they maintained the intensity.
Did I hear Cody Walker object to human rights abuses post match?

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My Chooks went down yesterday but a few things

* Klown lost control....Burgess should've been offed after head shot 3
* Chooks played shit when it was 13 on 11....time to strike.
* Rads, love him but way too many angry pills.
* Souffs target I reckon to get Teddy out....they did
* We fell into the gutter footy that Souffs played
* Never gonna get close with Teddy, Angus and Toops gone.
* Don't care about the loss if it wasn't to those scum dogs Souffs.
* Lay down Souffs.
* Gummies will show you out next week.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't be bothered reading all the comments.

Everyone in media saying referee controlled the game. If so, why 7 sin bins? Surely after 2 sin bins the ref should be saying to players next indiscretion worthy of time off the field is sent.

Personally, a lot of the sin binning's in my opinion were soft and worthy of just a penalty but what do I know.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just watching nrlol360 …. Paul Kent is the biggest flog alive
Phil Rothfield deadset is some kind of offender
Both saying yesterdays game was garbage …. One of the best games I have seen

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just watching nrlol360 …. Paul Kent is the biggest flog alive
Phil Rothfield deadset is some kind of offender
Both saying yesterdays game was garbage …. One of the best games I have seen
If you like milking penalties and grub acts sure it was great. It was a farce, other sports are going to over take League if they don't get rid of the over use of technology.