Opinion 2021… The year where Rugby League died in Australia

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK here's Biden admitting his corruption to protect the prosecutor who was investigating his son:

As for Hilary, why did she break laws by having a home made server for her emails & then Bleachbit the server? The Russians AND China had them. Unfortunately we know the DOJ & FBI were corrupt. To prove it, listen to Jim Comey go through the list of her crimes:

Election Fraud - There were actually only 2 law suits that went to court about election fraud brought by Trump & his team. Both were dismissed for a lack of standing & did not have any evidence presented to them. I guess you also think that there isn't any such thing as corrupt judges either. The stupid thing in the US is they are appointed politically & the Democrats have a proven record of putting in their own people whereas the Republicans generally put in people who are true to the constitution.

watch this video by Mike Lindell to get a good view of the evidence.

There are law suits ongoing. Did you know that there is a forensic audit going on in Maricopa County in Arizona? Audit was due to finish 26/6/21. They have found countless errors so far & every step was streamed lived for all to witness.

Pennsylvania & Georgia are both looking like they will do the same.

These things take time & the Democrats are putting every road block in place to delay everything. If they have nothing to hide, then why block it?

Here's the infamous video of Ruby Freeman running the same ballots through several times:

Apart from the corrupt Georgia Governor which republican Governor looked at evidence & said there was none?

Where is your evidence that Trump coerced Governors to fake votes? An outlandish claim not backed up like everything you say.

Why is Biden allowing sex trafficking, drug trafficking & gun trafficking though the border? Does he get a cut of the $14M a day that the cartels are making? You know like in the Hunter emails 10% for H for the big guy? It was Hunter's laptop & it proves corruption.

Everybody in the world should be angered by what is happening on the US southern border. Would you like you family members trafficked in this way? If you accept it, you support it!

You have made lots of claims but don't back anything up!
I saw Biden bragging about the removal of a corrupt Ukranian Official, and "No intentional misconduct" from Clinton, just carelessness. Trump bragged that he would "lock her up" - the inquiry didn't charge her with anything. There are too many gaps that conspiracy theorists love to fill in with whatever they wanted to hear.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game used to be about territory, ie where you hand the ball over, where your field position is etc.
Under the new rules, it is all about TIME in possession and when you do have, it is about using it.
Gone are the days where you wait to get deep into the opposition territory before using the ball, you see teams like the Storm, Eels and Souths start using it around 40 metres from there own line.
Side line shift to side line shift. It has almost become like the 9s where when you have the ball there is pressure for you to score with it.
These teams run the opposition ragged so when they eventually get the ball, they are too tired to do anything with it.
Every rule change is to favour attack and all the odds are against the defensive team.
That is why possession is king, because every rule favours it.
This is where some of the bottom teams like ours are stuck in the past. They are playing a traditional brand.
It just does not cut it anymore.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw Biden bragging about the removal of a corrupt Ukranian Official, and "No intentional misconduct" from Clinton, just carelessness. Trump bragged that he would "lock her up" - the inquiry didn't charge her with anything. There are too many gaps that conspiracy theorists love to fill in with whatever they wanted to hear.

On the Georgia Governor, this story has been proven to be fake news or as you Blue Anons would say a conspiracy theory. This is a retraction:

You also said that Trump was going to be prosecuted by the New York DA - wrong again:

And this should shed more light on the request to fire the Ukranian prosecutor who was investigating Hunter Biden:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the Georgia Governor, this story has been proven to be fake news or as you Blue Anons would say a conspiracy theory. This is a retraction:

That retraction does not refer to the call to the Governor, but to refences about a call to a polling official.

You also said that Trump was going to be prosecuted by the New York DA - wrong again:
See below

And this should shed more light on the request to fire the Ukranian prosecutor who was investigating Hunter Biden:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is an awful website - it also notes "reportedly" without giving sources so how reliable is it? Where is the evidence behind it, like other "real news" websites that cite references:
1. Jan 6 - you have to be kidding! You tell people to peacefully protest & that's chargeable? And why aren't the FBI being charged? They knew all about it & facilitated it?
2. Sexual harassment. He has been out of office since Jan 20 why haven't they filed it yet? They had 4 years to prepare? And what about Joe's one, you know where Kamal believed the accuser?
3. Hush money. So being extorted is an offence?
4. Business dealings - see the link I gave you last time.
5. Mary Trump missed out on an inheritance - boohoo!
6. What the Mueller report yet again? Don't these people read the report & attachments?

Look this is typical of the Democrats who are terrified of the one man who can bring them all down. This is what they do. They stand for nothing except chaos (just look at their cities & the violence) & target people who they think will bee too good for them legally hoping to break them. I also thought you had to have a basis for investigating someone, not just investigate someone looking for a crime. This is prosecutorial misconduct & weaponising the DOJ & NY DOJ.

Once again you have provided ZERO evidence just another report from a left wing website who have "sources" but no details.

I seriously suggest you do homework on these so called stories they all get wrong & get the truth. I guess you still think that Russia hacked the election in 2016 & stole votes or that some Russian colluded with the Trump campaign. These "news" organisations need to be held liable for their constant lies, but all they do is months later either adjust the story or make a correction where nobody sees it. Now THAT is criminal!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is an awful website - it also notes "reportedly" without giving sources so how reliable is it? Where is the evidence behind it, like other "real news" websites that cite references:
1. Jan 6 - you have to be kidding! You tell people to peacefully protest & that's chargeable? And why aren't the FBI being charged? They knew all about it & facilitated it?
2. Sexual harassment. He has been out of office since Jan 20 why haven't they filed it yet? They had 4 years to prepare? And what about Joe's one, you know where Kamal believed the accuser?
3. Hush money. So being extorted is an offence?
4. Business dealings - see the link I gave you last time.
5. Mary Trump missed out on an inheritance - boohoo!
6. What the Mueller report yet again? Don't these people read the report & attachments?

Look this is typical of the Democrats who are terrified of the one man who can bring them all down. This is what they do. They stand for nothing except chaos (just look at their cities & the violence) & target people who they think will bee too good for them legally hoping to break them. I also thought you had to have a basis for investigating someone, not just investigate someone looking for a crime. This is prosecutorial misconduct & weaponising the DOJ & NY DOJ.

Once again you have provided ZERO evidence just another report from a left wing website who have "sources" but no details.

I seriously suggest you do homework on these so called stories they all get wrong & get the truth. I guess you still think that Russia hacked the election in 2016 & stole votes or that some Russian colluded with the Trump campaign. These "news" organisations need to be held liable for their constant lies, but all they do is months later either adjust the story or make a correction where nobody sees it. Now THAT is criminal!
I can keep providing evidence, but as a Trump supporter, you will keep denying and demanding more proof.
I'm not a Biden fan, and I can see through Trump.
I've read enough to form my opinion, and I'd need more than right wing websites and right wing media to convince me he is anything but a grifter. In time, you might realise it too.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The game used to be about territory, ie where you hand the ball over, where your field position is etc.
Under the new rules, it is all about TIME in possession and when you do have, it is about using it.
Gone are the days where you wait to get deep into the opposition territory before using the ball, you see teams like the Storm, Eels and Souths start using it around 40 metres from there own line.
Side line shift to side line shift. It has almost become like the 9s where when you have the ball there is pressure for you to score with it.
These teams run the opposition ragged so when they eventually get the ball, they are too tired to do anything with it.
Every rule change is to favour attack and all the odds are against the defensive team.
That is why possession is king, because every rule favours it.
This is where some of the bottom teams like ours are stuck in the past. They are playing a traditional brand.
It just does not cut it anymore.
We've seen that teams who play Penrith and Storm at their own game often have success against them. They are structured in defence against teams with structured attack, but can't cope with sides who play an open, passing game.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can keep providing evidence, but as a Trump supporter, you will keep denying and demanding more proof.
I've read enough to form my opinion, and I'd need more than right wing websites and right wing media to convince me he is anything but a grifter. In time, you might realise it too.
You haven't provided ANY evidence of wrong doing whatsoever. You have provided 1 article which has sources say evidence. That isn't ANY evidence at all. If your judgement is that Biden is great (& you can't see his mental incapacity for instance) & you can see right through Trump who didn't even take a salary whilst in office & did not make any money (in fact lost money) whilst in office then you need to recheck your judgement. Not everything I gave you were right wing websites, some were left wing.

Here is a balanced journalist (not right wing) (who by the way was spied on by Obama when he was in office & now Biden is doing the same with other journalists) who presents 50 stories the media got wrong during the Trump administration.

And they never apologise or correct themselves either.

If you keep referring to the same outlets who conveniently get things wrong against one side of politics all the time then that sets a pattern which suggests corruption in the media.

From a left wing site 60% of Americans don't trust the media. I wonder why?

And as for the election, they sort of boasted that they "fortified" the election which is code for doing illegal things to benefit the Democrats:

And Time is not a right wing publication, not by a long shot!

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And New York can't even get their own election right. 135,000 invalid votes? Geez!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/135-000-test-ballots-mistakenly-183230391.html
(a left wing source!)

Just between you & me. I was brought up being a lefty. My Dad is involved in politics. But there were just too many things that weren't right so I researched them. I could no longer justify what they were saying & they proved to be lying far more than the right. As for Trump, I didn't have him in my top 3 choice of candidates, but I didn't think he was a crook like I knew Hillary was. The thing was, Trump was more transparent than anybody. You knew what he was thinking AND he kept his promises the best he could. He was fighting the Democrats AND the Republicans. The Republicans will be a new party by 2024. The grassroots are actually going to meetings & kicking out Democrats (yes that's right) who were running the grass roots because the Republicans weren't showing up to fill positions, so Democrats were taking them.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
And New York can't even get their own election right. 135,000 invalid votes? Geez!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/135-000-test-ballots-mistakenly-183230391.html
(a left wing source!)

Just between you & me. I was brought up being a lefty. My Dad is involved in politics. But there were just too many things that weren't right so I researched them. I could no longer justify what they were saying & they proved to be lying far more than the right. As for Trump, I didn't have him in my top 3 choice of candidates, but I didn't think he was a crook like I knew Hillary was. The thing was, Trump was more transparent than anybody. You knew what he was thinking AND he kept his promises the best he could. He was fighting the Democrats AND the Republicans. The Republicans will be a new party by 2024. The grassroots are actually going to meetings & kicking out Democrats (yes that's right) who were running the grass roots because the Republicans weren't showing up to fill positions, so Democrats were taking them.
I was once in the ALP. Was president of my local branch, and vice president of the State electoral council. I quit because I disagreed with their internal politics. Not a Labor person anymore, and many of my friends are LNP politicians.

Everyone I know is aware that Trump is not uniting the country, and is in it for personal gain. He has a way of connecting with those who are religious, and have deep seated feelings of being left behind by society. Anyone with a gripe has locked onto him as a savior who will drag them out of the mire; but he uses them as fodder for his own enrichment.

The GOP has attached themselves to him because they see him as their chance for re-election. As you've said, he is selectively weeding out any republicans who are not on his songsheet. If he didn't have the right wing media behind him, he would be off everyone's radar by now; but he sells newspapers, and the right will do anything to see the Democrats out of office.

At present Republican states are actively passing legislation to deny citizens their voting rights - voter fraud of the highest order.

Trump has exhausted all avenues of challenging the results of the election. Sixty legal challenges, and all sixty were thrown out for lack of evidence. Trump has a right to his beliefs, but not a right to his own facts.

He is now hell bent on running the GOP as its ersatz chief, doing all he can to take control their donations, and determine which candidates will get campaign funding. He is remaking the party in his own image, and he is sounding more out of contact with reality in every interview he does.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im telling rugby league is dead, how are we going to come back from this mess of a product it has become

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No team In rugby league is 60 zip shit. Fuck this competition.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last year I watched most games every week although IMO the game is rigged. I watched most games in RD1 this year. Hated 6 again straight away, then they went down this path with head highs. Blow out scores are embarrassing. Now I turn it off and lose interest within 5 minutes in all games. Some days on the weekend I don't even look to see who's playing. I'm walking out the door on the game, only thing to save me would be a Dogs improvement next year. If it's another "be patient, we will be back 2023 excuse" then I'd say I will be a very distant follower.

I'd cut back to watching just the Dogs games before last year. But with the blowout scores this year and the knowledge that we're likely to cop floggings I don't even try to watch our games. Today I listened to the first half on the radio before turning it off in disgust. I know our team isn't going well. But Rugby league should actually be a contest. The game as it is doesn't represent a level playing field. From the simple fact that the salary cap doesn't work, to the fact that rules aren't clear, they're based on how the referees choose to interpret them. The game is just hard to stomach anymore.

Like you, if the Dogs are performing better next year it might peak my interest more, but in general I don't like the product of Rugby league anymore due to the fact that referees have more bearing on results than players quite often. When a fan of 40ish years doesn't have much clue on what the rules are anymore I assume that the game is broken.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'd cut back to watching just the Dogs games before last year. But with the blowout scores this year and the knowledge that we're likely to cop floggings I don't even try to watch our games. Today I listened to the first half on the radio before turning it off in disgust. I know our team isn't going well. But Rugby league should actually be a contest. The game as it is doesn't represent a level playing field. From the simple fact that the salary cap doesn't work, to the fact that rules aren't clear, they're based on how the referees choose to interpret them. The game is just hard to stomach anymore.

Like you, if the Dogs are performing better next year it might peak my interest more, but in general I don't like the product of Rugby league anymore due to the fact that referees have more bearing on results than players quite often. When a fan of 40ish years doesn't have much clue on what the rules are anymore I assume that the game is broken.
Yep, caught my feelings aswell. I lasted 17 minutes today before tuning it off. The only reason I was even watching was to see how the new fella's went. I feel sorry for them (the new fella's).

Reactions: DT

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always love reading your comments ...and its sad at the same time but people can look back over the past 5 years especially, the game of NRL is gone, now its a game of who can keep the ref in their pocket long enough to hold the ball for 18 consecutive tackles and score. Blow outs were the signal that it was wrong and they now keep happening.
The Roosters got flogged 46-0 this weekend....this game is imo on life support and losing

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, caught my feelings aswell. I lasted 17 minutes today before tuning it off. The only reason I was even watching was to see how the new fella's went. I feel sorry for them (the new fella's).
Haha...i turned off at 16 minutes...i think we could all see what was coming..sadly

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
3rd and 4th have had 50 points put on them lmao in years gone by 3rd and 4th were a strong pillar in the competition now they are just cannon fodder to whoever is on that day.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't imagine how filthy the tv networks are with the amount of people turning off at half time in 6 out of 8 games. Three games yesterday all over within 20 minutes.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I can't imagine how filthy the tv networks are with the amount of people turning off at half time in 6 out of 8 games. Three games yesterday all over within 20 minutes.
I wonder how the ratings actually work? Do they only care at the start (Intial rating) or is it beneficial to them to have the viewers watch the whole thing?