2014 World Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i dont see how australia have got a long way to go to host a world cup compared to qatar

maybe you mean that we need years to learn how to bribe the proper people or to get enough bribe money

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Be prepared for drinks break every 5 mins once the World Cup hits Qatar

Seriously though, 2022 World Cup should have been either us or America - give it to one of the countries that calls the game Soccer instead of Football

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Also, giving Messi the Golden Ball award is like giving Suarez the FIFA Fair Play award :rolleyes:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Be prepared for drinks break every 5 mins once the World Cup hits Qatar

Seriously though, 2022 World Cup should have been either us or America - give it to one of the countries that calls the game Soccer instead of Football
be prepared for games to be called off

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
be prepared for games to be called off
They can run match simulations on FIFA '22

That's the way the NRL is headed with the current bullshit you can't do this or you can't do that rules, in 5 years time we'll have game simulations on Rugby League Live 2

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Under the rotation rules, a confederation cannot bid for the next two tournaments after it has hosted the WC.

Russia is hosting the WC2018 so no European country can bid until 2030

Qatar 2022, nobody in Asia can bid until 2034

Australia left the OFC to join the AFC to increase their chances of qualifying for World Cups. That's worked, but Qatar's success means Australia cant bid to host the WC until 2034.

NZ are the only country in the OFC with even a ghost of a chance of organising a WC, they've never previously even bid for it
the way you worded your first comment sounded like australia wasnt ready in terms of stadiums and infrastructure

but i get your point now of yeah it will be 30 years before we get a look in again

**** FIFA AND QATAR

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
They can run match simulations on FIFA '23

That's the way the NRL is headed with the current bullshit you can't do this or you can't do that rules, in 5 years time we'll have game simulations on Rugby League Live 2
dont judge until we see how good fifa 23 is, it should be excellent ffs

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Germany deserved to win tbh. They have been great all tournament.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont see how australia have got a long way to go to host a world cup compared to qatar

maybe you mean that we need years to learn how to bribe the proper people or to get enough bribe money
Qatar definately should not of won the bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

FIFA wants to expand football into ASIA, though Australia is down the pecking order in regards to the population, profits and the general fact of its poor popularity here

China and India arguably already have the two largest middle-class populations in the World, have oodles of billionaries and rising, have ever increasingly standards of living albeit with a large disparity between the rich and the poor.

They're both be in the top 3 largest economies within the decade. If either of these countries truly want the World Cup, they will get it first time they bid. That's why FIFA are tapping into this market.

India's a bit further down the track, and football has to become more popular but there too are just so many carrots and opportunities for football and associated sponsors etc that they'll have to be compelling bids to go against them should they bid for a World Cup beyond 2034. Who in their right mind would have thought Qatar would get the 2022 World Cup 10 years ago? 5 years ago? 2 years ago? One year ago?

FIFA will follow the money that China and India offer. China will definitely and India quite likely will get a World Cup before we do.

2018 - Russia
2022 - Qatar
2026 - North America - USA
2030 - South America - Argentina/Uruguay (100th Anniversary of first World Cup)
2034 - Europe - Italy (100th Anniversary of first European World Cup) or England
2038 - Asia - China
2042 - Africa - Egypt?
2046 - Europe - England or Spain or Italy?
2050 - North America - Mexico?
2054 - South America - Brazil or Columbia?
2058 - Europe - England or Spain or Italy
2062 - Asia - India or Australia?

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2030: Australia/NZ joint bid
100 year annivesary of the World Cup to be hosted in Australia and NZ? LOL

As mentioned, Australia nor any other Asian country cannot make a bid to host the WC before 2034 and Australia and NZ cannot make a joint bid as Australia is under the AFC and NZ is under the OFC

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
100 year annivesary of the World Cup to be hosted in Australia and NZ? LOL

As mentioned, Australia nor any other Asian country cannot make a bid to host the WC before 2034 and Australia and NZ cannot make a joint bid as Australia is under the AFC and NZ is under the OFC
why are you acting like the rules are cemented lol, there was once a situation where europe got it once every other world cup

sooner or later fifa is going to look up and see that their rotation policy has put them into a situation where they must go to an undesirable country and they will reconsider, if you think they will go to india before us you are crazy

yes 100 year anniversary in the last continent, completing the full circle and taking it to the final frontier and final confederation to not host it

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Qatar definately should not of won the bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

FIFA wants to expand football into ASIA, though Australia is down the pecking order in regards to the population, profits and the general fact of its poor popularity here

China and India arguably already have the two largest middle-class populations in the World, have oodles of billionaries and rising, have ever increasingly standards of living albeit with a large disparity between the rich and the poor.

They're both be in the top 3 largest economies within the decade. If either of these countries truly want the World Cup, they will get it first time they bid. That's why FIFA are tapping into this market.

India's a bit further down the track, and football has to become more popular but there too are just so many carrots and opportunities for football and associated sponsors etc that they'll have to be compelling bids to go against them should they bid for a World Cup beyond 2034. Who in their right mind would have thought Qatar would get the 2022 World Cup 10 years ago? 5 years ago? 2 years ago? One year ago?

FIFA will follow the money that China and India offer. China will definitely and India quite likely will get a World Cup before we do.

2018 - Russia
2022 - Qatar
2026 - North America - USA
2030 - South America - Argentina/Uruguay (100th Anniversary of first World Cup)
2034 - Europe - Italy (100th Anniversary of first European World Cup) or England
2038 - Asia - China
2042 - Africa - Egypt?
2046 - Europe - England or Spain or Italy?
2050 - North America - Mexico?
2054 - South America - Brazil or Columbia?
2058 - Europe - England or Spain or Italy
2062 - Asia - India or Australia?
2062 I'll be fukking dead by then.and if by some bizarre reason I'm still alive I'd be that frail and senile that I wouldn't know what soccer is

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just want the world cup in our timezone. I hate waking up at 2.00am or 6.00am for a match.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
actually thinking about it we should do a Australia/India Joint bid to host the world cup

we host all the games and india takes care of the ticketing phone center calls

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
actually thinking about it we should do a Australia/India Joint bid to host the world cup

we host all the games and india takes care of the ticketing phone center calls
India can make the ball & clothes!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just want the world cup in our timezone. I hate waking up at 2.00am or 6.00am for a match.
I love getting up at 5 am for a game . Now if they only had nrl 5 am kick offs I'd be in heaven

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why are you acting like the rules are cemented lol, there was once a situation where europe got it once every other world cup

sooner or later fifa is going to look up and see that their rotation policy has put them into a situation where they must go to an undesirable country and they will reconsider, if you think they will go to india before us you are crazy

yes 100 year anniversary in the last continent, completing the full circle and taking it to the final frontier and final confederation to not host it
I'll bump this thread in 2050's, that's if we are still kicking

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love getting up at 5 am for a game . Now if they only had nrl 5 am kick offs I'd be in heaven
In the previous world cup I watched Australia v's Italy at Hurlstone Park RSL.

As it was starting at 4.00am some were having a pizza with a beer while others were having bacon & eggs with a coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.