Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Higuain... what could've been, didn't even hit the target

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Messi gets the Golden Ball? Thought he was contained pretty well in the knockout stages and kept quiet certainly in the last few matches

Müller had a great tournament, worthy of that award

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One part of me thinks that Messi really deserved a World Cup win, the other part of me laughed maniacally when Messi missed the free kick at the end.

He was pretty well contained but he created most of Argentina's opportunities. Just glad the defence managed to shut them down. Germany got lucky a couple of times though. They were nervous and it almost cost them.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bloody hell...Germany wins the cup on the quality of the wives and girlfriends alone!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Bring the World Cup to Australia, the f*ck is it doing in Qatar in 8 years time

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
They've probably already awarded the Golden Ball award to Messi for the 2018 and 2022 World Cup

Seriously, James Rodriguez had an outstanding World Cup and deserves it

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So we can finish last in the group stages at home? No thanks. Australia doesn't deserve a world cup yet. Maybe in 20-30 years.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Qatar had better "incentives", the kind that you get under the table.

I love the response to the whole bribery thing. "We are aware that some officials took bribes to vote for Qatar and we find this to be a disgrace on our sport. We will suspend these officials for 2 years and fine them for 5% of the bribe money... and we'll let Qatar keep the World Cup"

The FFA has always been corrupt, I don't know why I expected anything less from them.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm VERY happy Germany won the World Cup. They have been very consistent the whole tournament and their defence, especially Neuer, have been outstanding. I don't know if it's harsh to say that the better team lost but it was an intense game and I'm glad it didn't go to penalties.

Messi as player of the tournament is a bit iffy. He was very good at times but he was also very well contained most of the times throughout the tournament.

Overall, this was one of the best, actually, the best world cup I have seen. I'm sad that it has finished. Bring on the EPL!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they do strip Qatar from hosting the 2022 World Cup which I don't think they will you can be sure they will give it to the Americans. The game is growing fast over there, and there's a bigger market. Also we are too far away logistically according to FIFA.

The only good thing about this WC finishing is that I won't have to see Zdrilic and Kalac's head for a while.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So we can finish last in the group stages at home? No thanks. Australia doesn't deserve a world cup yet. Maybe in 20-30 years.
That's about the realistic time frame we will get to host one

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Argentina should have won the match over the 90 minutes. Argentina gassed out during extra time and Germany took their opportunity.

Overall, Germany was the most consistent team of the WC and well deserved winners on a whole

As much as I would LOVE the WC to be held in Australia, i do not see it happening. Australia has got a long way to go to host the WC.

Les Murray has retired from commentary which is a dark day for Australian Football as Craig Foster will be taking over the ranks.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Argentina should have won the match over the 90 minutes. Argentina gassed out during extra time and Germany took their opportunity.

Overall, Germany was the most consistent team of the WC and well deserved winners on a whole

As much as I would LOVE the WC to be held in Australia, i do not see it happening. Australia has got a long way to go to host the WC.

Les Murray has retired from commentary which is a dark day for Australian Football as Craig Foster will be taking over the ranks.
why couldnt australia host the world cup?
we should be hosting it in 2022 but fifa fked us

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why couldnt australia host the world cup?
we should be hosting it in 2022 but fifa fked us
Under the rotation rules, a confederation cannot bid for the next two tournaments after it has hosted the WC.

Russia is hosting the WC2018 so no European country can bid until 2030

Qatar 2022, nobody in Asia can bid until 2034

Australia left the OFC to join the AFC to increase their chances of qualifying for World Cups. That's worked, but Qatar's success means Australia cant bid to host the WC until 2034.

NZ are the only country in the OFC with even a ghost of a chance of organising a WC, they've never previously even bid for it

Status
Not open for further replies.