News ‘I wish I never left’: Reynolds’ $12k Dogs deal worth its weight in gold

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think we should of came away with one premiership in years between 2012-2015. Had two cracks at it. Sad reality if anything.
2012 was our year. If only Des could coach and tell them to put in an early kick. That way Storm wingers wouldn’t have rushed in all the fucking time. Out coached by Bellamy big time that GF.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2012 was our year. If only Des could coach and tell them to put in an early kick. That way Storm wingers wouldn’t have rushed in all the fucking time. Out coached by Bellamy big time that GF.
2013 was our year.. We had the 2012 team and went out and bought the most damaging player in the comp to add to it.

The off-field dramas along with a rule change killed it.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me , it's 12k over summer that probably gets some good press for the club, doubt this is anything more
If it means his media replaces some of our guys talking up how good this year will be, like they do EVERY year and then fail miserably, then I’m all for it.

Maybe he’ll end up in reggies out of the 30 then get 5min in the 14 for the Belmore game to appease the fans

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Little doubt that his input into games has waned over the years. This was however, due to his injuries and lack of fitness.
If he can regain his fitness, and maintain his enthusiasm, he has a bit to offer. Reynolds is an out and out footballer.
He could be a great asset to encourage and teach the young guys about winning. But at his age, he has to be managed efficiently.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome home Josh, if nothing else I’m sure he will spark some passion being around the boys. I won’t hate on him. He be good and deserves a last hurrah !!
He also knows the team song and can lead the chant, hopefully many times next year.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look it all sounds good but he is only there is Burton gets injured.... otherwise he goes no where near first grade. Love the blokes passion and no doubt he won us some games with that but his time has finished

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has always been his f{}cking issue Dessy…. Has absolutely no Plan B

100% spot on… we had the squad, skill, flair & intimidation to win that year….

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has always been his f{}cking issue Dessy…. Has absolutely no Plan B

100% spot on… we had the squad, skill, flair & intimidation to win that year….
We were beaten by a pretty fair team mate. Slater/Widdop/Cronk/Smith as their spine compared to Barba/Reynolds/Keating/Ennis.

Also they had the cap rort in 2010 and then bombed out in the prelim in 2011. Similar to us in 2004 after our cap rort. Both teams won 2 years after being busted.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even for 12k it’s a step backwards. Spent 5 years trying to get rid of the deadwood and we bring back the worst thing to happen to this club. Goulds first poor decision.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Even for 12k it’s a step backwards. Spent 5 years trying to get rid of the deadwood and we bring back the worst thing to happen to this club. Goulds first poor decision.
The $12k isn’t in our Cap, so it’s irrelevant. Or do you really think that we are so badly off that we can’t afford $12k? Or it’s $12k that we now don’t have to spend on someone else? Seriously, we spend more on detergent for the glass washing machines in a week.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always say it but the club underestimated how hard melbourne wanted it after their cap issues. A lesson we all knew too well... fucking idiots. It was definitely our year
Agree but I then foolishly thought that Des getting that underwhelming spud Williams over was going to be the final piece to take us to glory.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The $12k isn’t in our Cap, so it’s irrelevant. Or do you really think that we are so badly off that we can’t afford $12k? Or it’s $12k that we now don’t have to spend on someone else? Seriously, we spend more on detergent for the glass washing machines in a week.

Always a Bulldog
Nothing to do with the money but the culture.