¬ Your Thoughts On The Game ? (panthers V bulldogs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team got the 2 points. It's a long season. Last year I thought the same thing. We won that first game despite not playing well. Unfortunately the team just didn't improve. Hope this year will be different. Can't ask for better than 2 points from the game. Go doggies.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I don't think i could tip us against the dragons next week though

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Scrappy start to the game. I thought we didnt play to suit the conditions in the first half and were lucky to only have a couple of nuffie tries scored against us. Overall I thought we dug deep and did what was needed to win. You can't expect too much from Round one in dismal conditions but I only saw alot of positives from tonights game. Theres alot to look forward to. Also I loved our bench rotation overall alot of grunt and spark off the bench. Only negative I could say was our line speed but that's something that will develop alot better over the coming rounds.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much the only good thing out of tonight was how crap we played but came away with the 2 points. Hope we can step it up in the weeks to come.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All im going to add as well is that if we play like this next week, we're going to get belted by the Dragons.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Ennis needs to bring our forwards onto the ball better Reynolds was good barba was suspect prithard was good but at least we got the win

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Im excited about playing the Dragons this early in the year. After the win tonight and what Des will have us work on during the week I think we will be ready for them. If there is one thing that impressed me the most about tonight it would be our goal line defense. If we play to the conditions and clean up the errors the Dragons will have some trouble finding points. Its one game but there was a massive lift in defence compared to last year.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All im going to add as well is that if we play like this next week, we're going to get belted by the Dragons.
You're right, if we play like we did tonight we'll get done but there was alot to like about tonight's game - real gritty, brick wall defence, cranky franky goin off, Morris getting some quality ball, Romelo and Reynolds adding spark and everything James graham did.
I think if we cut out the silly penaltys and control the ball a little better, we'll do the merge next week !

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Negatives: Shambolic first half with dud ball handling and defence - Ben Barba still a worry under the high ball

Positives: Spirited comeback after being 12-0 down - Much improved second hald defence and ball handling - Sored four very good tries

The Bulldogs are still a work in progress and will get better as the season goes on

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DEfense was ok, but we still seem to lose the battle of line speed & filed position]
which in turn has us making more errors... Lucky to get the win...we need to stop errors
and repsect the ball more...I can only see us improving though

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
errors are still a big problem....others than that its a massive improvement on last year

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Catch 22, ALOT of penalties, poor discipline by Reynolds, Payne, Ennis & Co, HOWEVER they are also responsible for our great attitude and commitment !!!

Awesome defence, so many stand outs ....

Wright for Lafai would be nice, no other changes IMO

But yeah, it's gonna be a great year I think ... we just have to come to terms with the fact we will give penalties away

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
i was impressed with the shuffling defence and the fact we had enough ticker to keep defending til the end. esp with a heavy pitch.

also interesting to see hodkinson playing down that left side. he didnt look at home unfortunately.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So no one has mentioned hodkinson lack of involvement ?I reckon des will end up with Reynolds and Romelo in the halves They were both outstanding tonight
in difficult conditions, hodkinson did his job. also did a great job in defence, with 20 tackles, defending on a different side for the first time in a year.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought we went to Morris' side of the field a little bit too much. Hardly saw Wright or Turner get the ball on the run...maybe it is something we could work on during the year, as I do understand our strike players are all on the left in Hodkinson, Pritchard and Morris.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Everybody needs to stop on the worries of Ben Barba under the high ball. He proved last season he is capable under the high ball. The only reason he is 'suspect' under it is because of that patch he went through during the year but he came out of it better when JD took over as coach. The conditions tonight and the fact that its the opening to our season I think people need to stop worryng about someone who quite frankley we should'nt be worrying about. There are more areas in this team that need the screws tighten then jus Benny at the back.

JMP2024

Waterboy
Reaction score
That first attempt offload from Kasiano to Pritchard ( or could be the other way around) on our first possession of the night which resulted in a knock-on.... that is the sh!t we need to address and get rid of - wet weather and a low percentage play on the first possession, crazy football.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
8 penalties in the first half gifted good field position to Penrith. Our defence in the final 20 minutes saved the game for us. All in all, not a bad start to the year. Conditions weren't the best for open, fast football. We'll need a few weeks to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.