¬ Your Thoughts On The Game ? (panthers V bulldogs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þo£ar ßêar ™

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First half i though "oh no, here we go again" Second half was better, of course! but i'm not convinced just yet. More interested in everyone elses thoughts on the dogs game tonight ?????????
Still, happy the Footy season is back! Go Doggies!

Last edited by a moderator:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
same as last year, to many errors, gave up to much field posetion and some how hung in to win (against a better team would have lost)
Des has his work cut out for him,
And Ennis has nothing I am very disapointed even though we won

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
waaaaaaaaaay to many errors but like we have been in many games, once we get a little confidence things turn around

look better than last year (at least in the second half)

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Errors

Very poor line speed..

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graham should start. Tolman didn't look 100%. I think Hodkinson should have more ball on left edge with Pritchard and Morris. Conditions didn't really show much of team as it was very scrappy. Need to eliminate the slow starts and silly penalties. Dragons will be another measuring stick but still very early in season

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
forget about the problems of tonight, we got the 2pts and next week is another day

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To many errors. Romelo played better than Ennis. Ennis has had no playing game time would have been fatigued understandable. Graham impressive. Line speed 0

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do u expect with wet weather football of course there's gonna b errors. the forwards where outstanding today graham in particular

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We were solid in defence. Penrith got lucky with their tries. Just our discipline wasn't so great along with our ball handling (can blame the weather for that). In the end, were heading in the right direction. Somehow wright irks me being in the side, didn't do much. Does anyone know when Lafai is back?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
what do u expect with wet weather football of course there's gonna b errors. the forwards where outstanding today graham in particular
the panthers side of the field must have been dry then?

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
top game apart from the errors and line speed (as stated before like 1000 times), but at times i thought the boys moved up pretty quick. Reynolds did OK, nothing special but nothing horrible. should stick with him.. graham was jizz worthy, as was tolman and pritchard. ennis needs to find his grove a bit, hasn't played in ages and was rusty. barba's handling gave me a heart attack.

Overall good game, heading in the right direction, still room for improvement.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
top game apart from the errors and line speed (as stated before like 1000 times), but at times i thought the boys moved up pretty quick. Reynolds did OK, nothing special but nothing horrible. should stick with him.. graham was jizz worthy, as was tolman and pritchard. ennis needs to find his grove a bit, hasn't played in ages and was rusty. barba's handling gave me a heart attack.

Overall good game, heading in the right direction, still room for improvement.
I am not sure what it will take to get barba confident and courageous under the high ball.

maybe the players psychologist can help with this one lol

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defense was awesome... Too many penalties..... If you get knocked out you get a penalty...

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Defenitly positives out of tonights performance.
James Graham is a machine, Josh Reynolds was good at 5/8 and the teams defence was outstanding on our own line.

C

chipandchase

So no one has mentioned hodkinson lack of involvement ?
I reckon des will end up with Reynolds and Romelo in the halves
They were both outstanding tonight

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Penrith came out of the blocks like they were on PCP. They were super intense the first 10 minutes. They had us on the back foot early. But then as was inevitable, in those conditions and with no match fitness, you cant keep that pace up and they didnt. Once they went back to normal i think we were fine. Lots of errors due to conditions and lack of match fitness which i expect Des will address. Ennis showed signs of his old self but looked tired early, and is underdone. Reynolds can do some amazingly good things in attack, but does some insane sutff in defence. Those rush ups he did and completely missed the player a few times, were embarraassing for him lol. I thought our defence was very decent for the time of year. The only tries they got were opportunistic, one Morris slipped when lunging for the ball and knocked it to the Penrith player and the other off the goalpost. They didnt run through us much. We still need work on the defending the last tackle kick, and i think the slippery ball made them more scared than usual to attack it.

JMP2024

Waterboy
Reaction score
Room for improvement no doubt, we will get better as the season progress.

Couple of concerns to be raised, Barba at fullback, does not appear to be confident at the back (or display the fundamentals of a fullback at this level) this needs to be addressed or more leakage of tries to come.

Capt. Ennis, can not stand the line ball he gives when there is wall of defense infront, poor deceison making tonight.

Other than that, wet weather football resulted in both sides hi turnover. No doubt the boys are in transition mode under the Hasler system of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.