Search results

1. rwalker999

Opinion Nothing less than a win v titans

Blaming referees is simply a scapegoat. All teams get dodgy decisions, we just focus on ours. We all need to base our arguments on constructive, helpful comments.
  2. rwalker999

New Recruits

Thank you dawso047, badyk and Mitch Conner for taking the time to do this. Cheers lads
  3. rwalker999

New Recruits

Can someone list all our recruits for this year and what positions they may be playing or vying for. There are quite a few and my memory is not that crash hot.
  4. rwalker999

Can we address the elephant in the room

Pretty harsh call
  5. rwalker999

Quick Play the Balls

It really soils my pants !!
  6. rwalker999

Quick Play the Balls

Yeah, it's a problem - maybe our captains should constantly get into the ref's ear. Then we'll probably get pinged for dissent.
  7. rwalker999

News Welcome back SBW

Very emotive stuff D-Voice and what you say is all true. The only omission, however, is you haven't fully put yourself in his shoes. The day he celebrates a GF victory with our squad will be the day you forgive and if not you can write another novel on why he shouldn't have been in our sheds.
  8. rwalker999

Quick Play the Balls

I wish for this year for our quys to quickly play the ball as fast as possible. Most teams are in our face before we get time to execute a play and that extra second or two could provide options that would generally not present themselves. Sorry - another matter - line defence. A greater...
  9. rwalker999

News Welcome back SBW

You wanna get a good grip of yourself. Are you for real ?
  10. rwalker999

News Welcome back SBW

I don't think SBW singled handedly killed our season. We had a distinct lack of cattle that year.
  11. rwalker999

News Welcome back SBW

I felt this way about SBW for a long time. I no longer feel that way. Sonny was young and impressionable and probably wasn't getting the greatest of advice at that time. He has demonstrated contrition and regarded by our current staff and others as a very much welcomed member of our blooming...
  12. rwalker999

Post Match discussion

nothin comes of it though
  13. rwalker999

Post Match discussion

I don't know about Avo
  14. rwalker999

Opinion Reynolds outplays flopagun on return

I reckon you are a bigger one
  15. rwalker999

Opinion The rebuilding Canterbury Bulldogs won’t play finals football in 2023

Hang it up for sure. Nothing like a bit of additional talk to motivate our boys. We'll finish 8th and turn a few heads after that. Everything looks positive for us this year.
  16. rwalker999

Payne hass will be at Belmore before the end of July 2023

Good, nice present for my Birthday !
  17. rwalker999

Official Gus on Twitter

You're a dag and an idiot Dogmatic (meant in the nicest possible way)- keep it up (so to speak)
  18. rwalker999

Kalki Moon Gin - Now you're talking Warburton

Some people on the kennel bought this gin back in August apparently. Can they comment on the quality or was it a different batch. Even so, the different batch may give us an idea.
  19. rwalker999

News How rock bottom Dogs rediscovered their DNA... and the key signing set to end NRL circus

Get yourself a drink and plow through it - it's worth reading the Bulldog chronicle of War and Peace. It's a good historical summary and raises a few sensible questions
  20. rwalker999

News Star forward to lead recruitment drive at Bulldogs

If that's the breakup of his $800,000 for year 1 then that's fair enough. I would dearly like him to put in and show some pride in our jumper regardless of what bloody dollars he's on. We all know what he can do - some regularity would be nice !
  21. rwalker999

2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

Why don't you just assassinate him right now. I think your list of deficiencies might be a bit of overkill. As said, he's in the 30 and someone has placed him there for a reason.
  22. rwalker999

News Star forward to lead recruitment drive at Bulldogs

Luke appears to play well for a number of games then, more so than most, his form goes out the window. He's on big money and should be providing us with a far better contribution.
  23. rwalker999

Who will be the dud signing of 2023? *Spoiler alert, it's Reed Mahoney

Flanagun, you do provide a giggle on our forum - a giggle that carries a negative undertone which is sadly disappointing.
  24. rwalker999

News Brisbane Broncos England International Herbie Farnsworth On Bulldogs Radar

Perhaps a new coach and a new club may help his consistency. I think he would be a great acquisition.
  25. rwalker999

News Brisbane Broncos England International Herbie Farnsworth On Bulldogs Radar

I don't know the loss of Klemmer is a bad thing - in fairness, he hasn't reached the dizzy heights since he left us.
  26. rwalker999

Rumour The save Corey Allan thread

Corey, when on the paddock injury free, did not reproduce his Rabbit form in any shape. It's hard to justify his retention.
  27. rwalker999

News Wests Tigers face fight to keep Daine Laurie and Bulldogs ready to pounce

I don't think anyone here would like to suck your whatever. May I suggest you do some yoga and suck yourself !
  28. rwalker999

Acronyms

does polite sarcasm upset ?
  29. rwalker999

Acronyms

In saying that some of these acronyms save a bit of time and keep your beer from goin flat
  30. rwalker999

Acronyms

I'm not big on acronyms myself - when were Australians ever known to abbreviate or shorten things !
  31. rwalker999

Opinion Reality Check

I think your comments and opinions would carry more weight if they carried a degree of politeness.
  32. rwalker999

Opinion Potter or Ciraldo if you had to choose

Potter's quiet and measured approach, his footy smarts and honesty leans me towards him. I'm a tad biased as I used to watch him play and he was dynamic !
  33. rwalker999

Opinion Josh Jackson is washed

3Listen 8450 or however ever electrons you have bouncing that pimple rolling around your shoulders. sorry - couldn't help that. My view on the Kennel is just what you have just re-iterated ie. All views, no matter how wayward or proposterous, should be respected even if they don't subscribe to...
  34. rwalker999

May I suggest that your inappropriate use of the acronym was where I stopped reading your dribble. Try and respect an alternate view without your colorful. expose of ignorance - thats not as bad as FFS. I think you, like many others forget that others are entitled to their view even if it gets...
  35. rwalker999

That's some regularly regurgitated, conglomerate of disbelief. If you honestly believe that twaddle you have written then the Kennel is not for you. Even the Kennel, on balance, is a lot closer to the mark. The Kennel is a democracy in action so I can't stop what you say - I'll just simply...
  36. rwalker999

Opinion We are incapable of winning

Footy resembles a microcosm of life - it's got the lot. It can be up and down like a lavatory seat. We will learn to win again. New second-rower who will add starch and strike, a new hooker who has the smarts and will have a go, even though he's knee-high to a grasshopper, and most importantly...
  37. rwalker999

Opinion When will Matt Burton leave the Bulldogs?

I'm not too sure what you're taking, sniffing or whatever but if that's your view you're probably going to get a pleasant surprise over the next few years. You weren't born prematurely were you - its seeped into your logic if you were.. Look forward young man - things will get better !!
  38. rwalker999

Averillo - Finally Found His Spot

I used to view him positively but last night he made some simple mistakes at big moments against us. I don't think he possesses a footy brain in him. I don't think there is a position for him in our side other than at hooker. I can't even remember if he can pass !! Let him use his speed at dummy...
  39. rwalker999

Team List Round 13 v Panthers + Match Discussion

I have mixed feelings about Dufty but can anyone suggest to me who has been more penetrative and added to our ability to score tries other than he ?
  40. rwalker999

BUZZ: the full-time flare-up viewers missed (Naden & Dufty)

Dufty is getting a flogging on the Kennel. Maybe justified or whatever but can anyone tell me anyone else in our illustrious backline that has threatened or broken the line like him this year other than JAC.
  41. rwalker999

News Joey (Andrew Johns ) delves into Bulldogs' woes

Why has all and sundry jumped on Dufty's juggula over a bad exhibition over one weekend. He went on to redeem himself with some great stuff and takes after those errors when others would have thrown in the cotton. FFS, he's our best our best attacking weapon and most likely one to break the...
  42. rwalker999

Opinion How will Flanagan go today?

I'd be interested to see if you could suggest an alternate halfback this year who has outperformed Flanagan. There are several more stats that come out of a game than the 2 you have mentioned. Your spin is admirable but hardly conclusive.
  43. rwalker999

Opinion How will Flanagan go today?

I think it's easy to fall into a mindset, almost like autopilot in your thoughts and actions. Kyle Flanagan performed well yesterday and it was the best halfback performance by a Bulldog this year. This guy will get better and while he's no superstar I'm sure he'll get the job done for us. The...
  44. rwalker999

Opinion Change up for round 6

I think never again for Okenbur is a bit tough, also Avo at centre for me is a complete player/position mismatch. Dufty on notice is a bit premature. He's been our best attacking weapon since round 1 and his dropped ball yesterday was redeemed by later perfect "interactions". If we have someone...
  45. rwalker999

News ‘A hand grenade for your birthday’: Flanagan’s Panthers baptism of fire

That 360 mob are pretty well off the mark. This duty of care they are peddling is nonsensical. Kyle didn't cut it last year and the fact he hasn't trained with the NRL squad is not material. He is a professional footballer and knows his craft. He is now showing some form and has been picked...
  46. rwalker999

News Best 17 for 2022: Canterbury Bulldogs

I'm not too sure. He looked pretty ordinary at times last year and while most of our guys did, I don't think Averillo will cement a position. Don't get me wrong I would love him to. I think he needs to work on a number of things and not just rely on a piece of individual brilliance every 3 or 4...
  47. rwalker999

News Bulldogs sign Damascus Neemia

I thought he looked reasonably quick off the mark with fair pace and good foot work and swerve.
  48. rwalker999

Who would you rather Kikau or Cheese ?

I agree with an earlier comment in that the Cheese is a bit fond of himself and has shown no real interest in us, especially since November 1. If he was keen he would be signed by now. So I say, save your breath over this bloke, save your energy and save your keystrokes. If he wants to play hard...
  49. rwalker999

The Schoupp count

Looks like comprehension at school was a bit of a problem also
  50. rwalker999

The I’m sorry Jayden Okunbor thread

You are entitled to your dribble. Lets face it, according to you everyone is a superstar with perfect footy attributes in their first year in the NRL. This is where I can't follow you. Lets face it, not many follow clowns like you - I'd like to officially discontinue chatting with you as if I...
  51. rwalker999

The Schoupp count

That's the problem - you are the Bee Gees and your pants are strangling your groin and your brain. Your comments are outdated - you must know that - I suggest you focus on stayin alive somewhere else. Where you a prick at school ? Perhaps not, as you would be far less coherent than you are now
  52. rwalker999

The Schoupp count

You really are a bit of a clown - attention seeking, baseless stats. Well, he misses a few tackles. You probably woudn't know the potential of a footballer if he bit you on the leg. Your rants and foolishness are starting to fuck me off ! Go and talk to your Mum about knitting - it would better...
  53. rwalker999

Opinion Josh Morris retirement

Well, we didn't make it too attractive for them to stay. Roosters offload non talents, we pick them up and Bulldogs offload champions and Roosters think, this is a deal. Morris twins, some of the best footy players to go around, yet somehow, we gave them to the Roosters. Towards the end of your...
  54. rwalker999

The I’m sorry Jayden Okunbor thread

OMG - did Schoupp steal your pocket money or something. Your comments towards him are becoming boring, lack backing and are down right idiotic. Jump off him and have a crack at someone who really deserves it - you. You're fastly hitting the wanka stage on this forum and I wouldn't be surprised...
  55. rwalker999

The Schoupp count

I tell you, your babbling jibberish is getting you to the point that no one will even bother reading your rants any more. It's a shame as I think you have constructive things to add to this forum. Instead, you're like a bull at a gate flogging the same old chestnuts including yourself. You are...
  56. rwalker999

The uncomfortable truth about Schoupp

Well, that's great. Someone told me recently that you can't believe everything the NRL tells you, so perhaps we shouldn't trust their stats. As for zero tackle, the poor under funded thing, they probably get their stats from nrl.com. So your finally presented sources could be in fact resourceful...
  57. rwalker999

That would be nice ! I like Benny Hill. I see you haven't quoted your source for Schoupp's defensive summary from last weekend. Please tell me it wasn't you doing the count !
  58. rwalker999

Remember when.... against Manly Sea Eagles

Haven't had goose bumps like that for a while
  59. rwalker999

Just because a number of people have agreed with you doesn't make your view any more sensible - it just makes their view as nonsensical as yours. It's good you have a go, I'm all for more comedy on the Kennel !!
  60. rwalker999

Hi utility half, I'd be happy so see your source for Schoupp's defensive stats. You're bagging already a bloke that's been in first grade for 5 minutes. I suggest you give him a bit of time before you next cast your doom and gloom upon him.
  61. rwalker999

News Okunbor happy to spend two more years in the Dog house

I don't believe the protractors of Jayden understand what now drives him and how it will be positively put to use. He's been resigned for a reason - why would he not. This bloke can game break for us and I think the school reference, even if it was lighthearted, offered nothing, as usual from...
  62. rwalker999

Opinion Where do we play Cotric next year?

Cotric as a centre has been tried and failed, failed dismally in fact. To say if he can develop as a good centre is a wishful thought not based on reality. I only wish the visionaries of potential positional change would use their noodle and not a pie in the sky
  63. rwalker999

The use of the emoji and others are not overly descriptive. I think they probably could be...

The use of the emoji and others are not overly descriptive. I think they probably could be revamped like our backline and what the hell, our pack as well !
  64. rwalker999

Hi Chris Most be liked my covid post. Was there anything particular you got angry about Russell

Hi Chris Most be liked my covid post. Was there anything particular you got angry about Russell
  65. rwalker999

Dragons COVID Breach

The Dragons can now serve their suspensions anytime over the next 4 weeks at the clubs discretion. The reason sighted was that the league didn't want the club to be without 13 players for one round. I say - equality my bum !
  66. rwalker999

Dragons COVID Breach

How's this for equality, Dragons players suspended are allowed to serve there suspension over 4 weeks at the Dragons choice This is not to take out 13 at once next time around.
  67. rwalker999

Dragons COVID Breach

How's this for equality, Dragons players suspended are allowed to serve there suspension over 4 weeks at the Dragons choice This is not to take out 13 at once next time around.
  68. rwalker999

BLOW OUT SCORE LINES - NRL CREATED THIS

I admire the interest and passion being shown about selections, injuries, availabilities and the like but lets face it - we're fucked ! - whichever way you look at it. While it kills me, we have to adopt realism and look to next year and spare ourselves of the beat up this year. The guys that...
  69. rwalker999

Klemmer or Woods

We get Woods on big money and he was a dead set embarrassment to himself. For the size of him he should be a steamroller. He has no passion and if he came back to us I'd throw a rock at him. Klemmer, while leaving for family reasons, ??, signed a bloody contract and couldn't arrange his life to...
  70. rwalker999

Meaney signs with Storm

At the risk of being repetitive and sharing several other views - can you please tell me who the fxxk has stepped up. So your logic suggests we move on practically the whole side. Well, if that's your view about Meaney, fine - but a thread should be initiated that suggests no-one has stepped up...
  71. rwalker999

Meaney signs with Storm

Admittedly Meaney hasn't set the world on fire over the last few years but can someone suggest to me who has other than Jackson. I think while on the wing he would probably be more impressive if someone gave him the ball. He was pretty ordinary under the high ball last week though prior to that...
  72. rwalker999

Ask a bulldogs old timer....

I really enjoyed reading your post bradtalo - great stuff !
  73. rwalker999

Has something clicked??

Don't worry about that D 1975 - saying what you want when you want is your right. Your summation was spot on at the time.
  74. rwalker999

Dogs to knock off the eels next week

Mushrooms or not I think your posts would carry the same quality
  75. rwalker999

News Legendary All Blacks coach says there is light at the end of the tunnel for Bulldogs

I'm not sure if you understood the constitution issue and the instability it currently provides. Bigger success will be helped by upstairs stability.
  76. rwalker999

Rumour Parra beat us by ??

The Eels are due to fall over and our blokes after last weekend will throw it all at these slippery rivals - don't rule out an upset, an upset of the season !
  77. rwalker999

Opinion When Four doesn’t fit into two please explain

Play with what combinations you want - but our number 6 will be Burton and our number 7 will be Averillo next year. You want Burton to be able to run or pass as required and you want Averillo to be first receiver to play as he sees it. These other options espoused are not playing to the...
  78. rwalker999

Burton to Centre?

Didn't he play 5/8th last weekend ?
  79. rwalker999

Elliott's try was a metaphor for his Kennel journey

Utilitity Half - your metaphors just ooze exhilaration !
  80. rwalker999

Nicho Hynes

May be you could have inserted Barba
  81. rwalker999

Nicho Hynes

Not quick but has pace ??
  82. rwalker999

Open letter to adam elliott

Elliot only has to put on one top class game and all you horse jumping, fickle minded fools will be calling for a contract extension for him. There's one thing that describes you lot and that's nothing. You've got nothing, your views are warped, your knowledge came from the Wok and lets face it...
  83. rwalker999

Official Round 6 Bulldogs V Cowboys - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

I would also like to give a big wrap to DWZ today. In a game where our guys looked pretty ordinary I think he can hold his head up for a gutsy performance from start to finish. He seems a lot more comfortable under the high ball and ran with a lot of spirit and determination. We didn't have a...
  84. rwalker999

News Thompson ready to add class to Dogs after eventful NRL start

'Fire the fuck up you thick pommy' - could imply that he wasn't fired up and the comment was 'he played pretty well today' That would appear to be a fair response to me. These are difficult times fellas, save the testosterone for something more constructive.
  85. rwalker999

DID COTRIC PLAY TODAY?

Hi Teddybear I've now read a few times that Cotric should be playing at right centre. I'm intrigued as to why.
  86. rwalker999

Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

He's a winger. The only one that thought he was a centre was himself. He will again excel on the wing and to be honest who gives a toss what we paid him ! He will be worth it.
  87. rwalker999

Official Marking the ends of a era: Thank you Turvey!

Fabulous footballer, skillful footballer, blinding speed, oozing passion and competitiveness, this bloke had and has the lot!!!! Well done Turvey, you're the best ! thanks
  88. rwalker999

Napa should never play again

I can't possibly believe that this galah is runnin around in one of our jumpers. His effort falls well short of our emblem. If they can't offload him I reckon we should shoot the prick. Well set up some award night so he turns up then we'll all shoot him.
  89. rwalker999

Why the Bulldogs will finish either second last or bottom four this season.

Hi Nasheed, I normally follow your comments with respect but I think you're presenting as the forecaster of gloom here. If we were badly conditioned why wouldn't we sack the staff responsible for it. As for Holland, a good footballer but hardly the attacking genius you make him out to be. I...
  90. rwalker999

Allan Impresses At Fullback

If Meaney could get some good ball he may surprise a few. We know he has pace and it's time we started playing to his strengths. I agree, to say he hasn't tried is significantly off the mark.
  91. rwalker999

News Bulldogs honour Steve Folkes in the best way

Steve Folkes was a gentleman, he was loyal to his club and he was a champion. I doubt in the future when there are conversations of the past that Steve won't be remembered in the proper vein that he richly deserves. Kindest wishes to his family on this anniversary - you should all stand tall !
  92. rwalker999

Opinion We need much more from Napa as our starting big man

That's a great comment - take a bow !!
  93. rwalker999

Bulldogs roll out the blue and white carpet for Josh Addo-Carr

I hate to say it but if the deal was done a long time ago why is he not sporting blue and white now. Your source is not stated so I suppose we just take your word for it. Common, you can provide or subside. Very cocky, but give us the goss - it maybe just goss !
  94. rwalker999

Opinion Payne Haas

Probably bugga all
  95. rwalker999

News Daryl Clark

This guy might be a world beater and he could be a total dud. I love the way some get a bit drippy about a prospect like this - the missing link to the spine - come on now. Looks like desperation has well and truly set in for a number 9
  96. rwalker999

We need to have a serious sit down and conversation with Cotric

Like you, Nasheed is entitled to his view like anyone else on this forum. Show some consideration and if you have a view try and express it without a character assassination. Grow up as the world is not yours, it's ours and contrary to some beliefs, we are all different.