Team List Round 13 v Panthers + Match Discussion

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True intellectuals already know this, still convinced to this day that if we actually stuck with that halves combo the team and some individuals would be better for it right now. Also need to scrap the system and let the halves play to each other instead of just having Burton chilling out on the left the entire set. Don't think I've ever seen Burton jump in at first or second receiver and play to his halves partner.
Maybe he still likes playing centre as he mostly played in that position at Penrith.

If we can get a few more decent forwards for next year then imagine the carnage Burton and JAC could do at Centre and wing positions.

Maybe JAC might get his wish in a few years time of playing FB, as I get the feeling Gus could lure S Crichton to us in 2024.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well I'd like to see Topine in for Waddell and BBO in for Flanagan but it isn't going to happen... I don't really have much confidence going into any game with Dufty (honestly need to go with anyone else over him), JMK (similar to Dufty), Flanagan and Waddell in the team...

From what I heard TPJ was close to playing last week and now he's not even named?
I have mixed feelings about Dufty but can anyone suggest to me who has been more penetrative and added to our ability to score tries other than he ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about Dufty but can anyone suggest to me who has been more penetrative and added to our ability to score tries other than he ?
I still don't think what Dufty offers in attack is enough for his deficiencies in defence and effort. Dufty also won't be here next year so we should be looking towards the future and trying things. I would be giving Averillo a crack at fullback and Toia once he's back from injury. Even Allan (who also isn't good enough for us) would be better at fullback than Dufty imo (but Allan's also someone we're trying to release). I just want to see anyone else, same goes for hooker.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There had to be a change. Cover and goal line defence will have to improve.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True intellectuals already know this, still convinced to this day that if we actually stuck with that halves combo the team and some individuals would be better for it right now. Also need to scrap the system and let the halves play to each other instead of just having Burton chilling out on the left the entire set. Don't think I've ever seen Burton jump in at first or second receiver and play to his halves partner.
Perhaps us fanatical fans are causing our coaches (plural), and our Admin to make panic decissions.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
One positive is we're scoring over 20 points since Baz has left. Hopefully that keeps improving.
Just need to fix our errors and defence asap

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC.

With Dufty, it’s no use scoring or setting up one try when you are letting in 3

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey Allen is in for Dufty
Hope this is true. I really don’t get all the Allen hate. He has been playing well in reserves. Might not have the spark of Dufty, but at least puts his body on the line in defence.. and doesn’t mind contesting a high ball either

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he still likes playing centre as he mostly played in that position at Penrith.

If we can get a few more decent forwards for next year then imagine the carnage Burton and JAC could do at Centre and wing positions.

Maybe JAC might get his wish in a few years time of playing FB, as I get the feeling Gus could lure S Crichton to us in 2024.
Burton came to the bulldogs specifically to play in the halves. Absolutely zero chance he ever plays in the centres for us.

Also it’s not as though we have a decent five eighth to replace him

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm sure I read earlier this week that Dufty was given one Dally M point in the game vs Dragons, judged by Chris Heighington (can anyone confirm?).
What are others seeing in his play that we aren't?
He set up 3 tries and nearly scored one himself. One of the few attacking weapons in our side. Speed to burn and elusive. Shame about his defence but if the rest of the team defended well he would not be exposed as much.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone whose had lower back issues in the past knows they can be a friggin pain in the arse to sort out!

Knowing FatFuckFerris is gone is a blessing, but doesn't help with who is replacing him for current injury treatments.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton came to the bulldogs specifically to play in the halves. Absolutely zero chance he ever plays in the centres for us.

Also it’s not as though we have a decent five eighth to replace him
I was responding to another post from Mutt Dafty who said, "let the halves play to each other instead of just having Burton chilling out on the left the entire set. Don't think I've ever seen Burton jump in at first or second receiver and play to his halves partner".

Old habits die hard or our club has become a resort for big name players not putting in their full worth. Not that I think he isn't but he's light years behind the player we saw at Penrith when he was playing centre.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frusterating player.. gun in attack.. bad in defence.. at moment i still think hes our best option at FB this year..
Id like tonsee Dufty and JAC backing up more up the middle..

I reckon if those 2 linked together more up.the middle they get line breaks against the forwards..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Allan for Dufty called it at halftime last week but …Dufty went okay ish second half so bit of a surprise

Allan was good in Reserves at least will bring ball back hard

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone here giving us a decent chance this week? I reckon its a 50/50 game..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Frusterating player.. gun in attack.. bad in defence.. at moment i still think hes our best option at FB this year..
Id like tonsee Dufty and JAC backing up more up the middle..

I reckon if those 2 linked together more up.the middle they get line breaks against the forwards..
he is our best option at the moment. In defence on the goal line he should have players working from either side so he doesnt get isolated. He was never going to stop laurie for the last try as it was poor defence from jackson.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he is our best option at the moment. In defence on the goal line he should have players working from either side so he doesnt get isolated. He was never going to stop laurie for the last try as it was poor defence from jackson.
He’s dropped bro

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Allan for Dufty called it at halftime last week but …Dufty went okay ish second half so bit of a surprise

Allan was good in Reserves at least will bring ball back hard
Do you know it's Allan for sure? Asking because the pics the club uploaded the other day had Jake training at fullback and Allan at centre. I didn't say anything at the time because my strike rate has been off lately lol