Opinion Josh Jackson is washed

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The decline in discipline started 5 years ago when Jackson was handed the captaincy...
You can have the best coach and most talented players in the league but without a strong skipper maintaining discipline and having the team stick to the coach's plan on the field you will always be at a disadvantage.
We can all agree that Jako gives his all every time he pulls on the blue and white but he just isn't a strong leader who can maintain discipline and is often caught giving away silly penalties, something a competent captain should never do!

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The decline in discipline started 5 years ago when Jackson was handed the captaincy...
You can have the best coach and most talented players in the league but without a strong skipper maintaining discipline and having the team stick to the coach's plan on the field you will always be at a disadvantage.
We can all agree that Jako gives his all every time he pulls on the blue and white but he just isn't a strong leader who can maintain discipline and is often caught giving away silly penalties, something a competent captain should never do!
100%

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you expect from a guy that’s literally the only NRL standard player we’ve had since Hasler put us in a hole. Million tackles and runs a game. The guy is battered. For his sake next year at least be coming off the bench. But I think the captaincy and his starting spot are not his anymore.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It will be a shame to see jj career end in a wooden spoon winning team, he may be at the end of his career but he is not to blame for the state the club is him. The bulldogs culture is all but gone and over paid mercenaries aren't going to bring the instant success that everyone is looking for. The dna/culture has been lost a little more with every rebuild.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either play him as a prop or get rid. Offers nothing out wide

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember around 2015-16 Josh Jackson was one of the elite backrowers in the NRL. Could bust a tackle with ease. His decline has been crazy. It started in 2019 when he was still quite young at 28. And remember the Bulldogs best performance in 2 years was against the Roosters in round 8, when he didn’t play.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe he is well passed it now, a warrior who is basically done, BUT no, I don’t believe he was overrated 6 years ago. There is more to league than attacking flare, especially as a forward. The bloke cleaned up for us so much in defense, and NEVER dogged the hard yards.

If nothing else, his history and performances with us deserve respect. He bled blue and white.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate 80 minutes of nothing is still nothing.
Bit harsh as he is a tackling machine that would be a good fit in another system that actually works. He is not a player that can help turn things around on the field for us and I think his salary is more a burden then anything else. From reports I read he did offer for his wage to be cut to help bring in more talent which Gus shot down.
Not many players are willing to do that and for that reason he will always have my respect.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parker on Fox Sports clearly watches the game with his eyes closed. Speaks of Jackson like he is our best player and feels sorry for him. Doesn't see that he is one of our many problems.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's watched the troops decimated around him..
dont know what you so called supporters want.
The guy is a club legend.
I say let him play his contract out.
reduce his minutes and give his body a break, that will give the guy an opportunity to play better footy and have a dignified end to his career with the club.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I really loved Jackson since i watched him play Holden cup. He once epitomised what it was to be a Bulldog... he is a champion player and will go down as one of our best ever...

However....

He is way passed it, the game has passed him. He is way too slow. Offers absolutely nothing. Lets in more tries these days than ever before. He is what is wrong with the Bulldogs these days. I honestly feel sad for him watching him play. He should have retired 2 seasons ago. He shouldn't be captain.

He needs to be put on bench and given less minutes every week untIl he realises his time is up. Unfortunately i can't see anyone tapping him on the shoulder..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Parker on Fox Sports clearly watches the game with his eyes closed. Speaks of Jackson like he is our best player and feels sorry for him. Doesn't see that he is one of our many problems.
I think he's spot on with how Jackson would be feeling turning up and coming home from training and games... losing as much as he has over the last 3 years would eat you up over time and destroy you mentally (I would say just as, if not more important, than individual ability). How many games and years did Jackson put in and get no reward for his effort and performance what so ever. What he said about Dufty was bullshit tho, he should never play NRL ever again...

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The **** was overrated 6 years ago. Now he's just useless.
That's some regularly regurgitated, conglomerate of disbelief.
If you honestly believe that twaddle you have written then the Kennel is not for you.
Even the Kennel, on balance, is a lot closer to the mark.
The Kennel is a democracy in action so I can't stop what you say - I'll just simply choose to giggle at it.