Search results

1. D

Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

All of this doesn’t change the fact that Ciraldo is out of his depth as head coach. It really is a flip of the coin as to whether he will improve next year. Everyone is distracted by Davey and others. Ciraldo has had zero traction with this squad and has failed to develop any sort of winning...
  2. D

CC presser vs titans.

I think everyone was saying the same thing about Barrett. We all know how that went.
  3. D

I’m saying stop listening to these rubbish media beat ups. I don’t really care for what all of these guys have said. I’m focusing on what’s happening on the field. Which ain’t very impressive last time I looked. And that shouldn’t make me any less of a fan.
  4. D

I’m not really believing anybody at this point. Very low credibility on both sides. Just calling it as I see it. Mute the latest media story (and all the rest, and whatever Gus says)…how are we actually going? Answer that question. It’s a game of results.
  5. D

I just think it’s such a cop out to frame this Coach as some of kind of hard arse and it seems a very convenient way to heap blame on players and the roster. It could also be that someone is trying to reframe the narrative and look for an excuse after one of our worst seasons ever. I certainly...
  6. D

When the club continues to feel the need to clean out the roster (which we seem to do every year), one can’t help but think that the problems lie somewhere else. A rookie coach, with zero NRL experience…I don’t know, something tells me that this kind of coach needs to earn the respect of the...
  7. D

News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

One of our worst seasons ever…and this is the story? It’s the coach’s job to bring people along, develop a culture. Clearly hasn’t happened this year. Can you blame a couple of players for that? I think we need to be asking deeper questions.
  8. D

My thoughts...

Would love to be positive and support him - which I have. I don’t think CC was ready for this. He is too inexperienced. We needed a proven performer as coach. This has probably set us back another 5 years.
  9. D

News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

I fear a lot this is blown out of proportion. You have to look at who is benefiting from this media exposure- To me it’s CC. He is coming out of this just fine. But the facts remain, we have never played worse, we have never looked more inept. Something is wrong, not sure what it is, but I can...
  10. D

News Gould, Ciraldo meet with Justin Holbrook in attempt to sign Tino

This. Holbrook can coach. Even at the GC, a notorious Coach killer club, he held his head high. Roosters gain big time. And, yes, GC will likely kill Hasler’s career once and for all.
  11. D

Rumour RFM has been shopped around by Coach without him knowing

He will end up at the Storm and play his best footy.
  12. D

Opinion Going backwards (Poll)

I think we have gone a little backwards. But, I also think that we may need to go backwards to go forward. We must give Gould time to execute his plan. Time will tell whether he has been successful or not. At this stage, he is our man and I think we need to stay strong. Ciraldo may end up a...
  13. D

Potter

He would be a good addition. The guy can coach. The Gold Coast is a proven burial ground for a young coach (and even experienced coaches). Mark my words, Des will find it very tough up there. The dogs should have signed Holbrook after Des.
  14. D

THIS COULD BE THE MAKING OF CAM CIRALDO!

Agreed, he is still a young man. I have high hopes. He can improve from here. Onwards and upwards !!
  15. D

Opinion CC doesn’t think we’ve hit Rock Bottom Yet …

Either way, we’ve got to persist. I have been critical- but I can see that we need to get behind him. Can you imagine how he must be feeling after last week? He needs the support of the fans and players to do his best work. If he handles this week well, it will be a huge confidence boost.
  16. D

I saw it different - I think he is switched on.
  17. D

I must give it to Ciraldo -he is handling himself well. He’s still a young man- if he can keep his composure and maintain the respect of the players through this period - I have high hopes for him long term. I see a lot more promise than what I saw with Barrett. Last week was a tough one - I...
  18. D

Potter

Seems that way. Potter did a decent job last year after Barrett. Sure, he is currently attack coach, but the buck surely doesn’t stop with him. He’s probably on a fraction of the coin that Ciraldo is on and Gus for that matter. I would say questions should be asked there before laying the blame...
  19. D

Potter

I agree, and I’m not saying Ciraldo should be. But, advocating for Potter’s sacking? I’m not sure about that.
  20. D

Potter

Why shouldn’t Ciraldo be first?
  21. D

Potter

Defence arguably a bigger issue? What about Ciraldo?
  22. D

Lose lose situation

We want to win. Simple as that.
  23. D

Official Gus Fronts Press Conference

Ok, we are going better Nothing to see here.
  24. D

Just a lil harsh

Ridiculous. At another club, he would be going better. Just look at the likes of Montoya, Rona, Meaney and DWZ. He will bounce back.
  25. D

Like I said, I hope to be proven wrong. I just don’t buy year to year improvement and a rebuild as mutually exclusive concepts. Accountability for everyone is important and that means building a team that is competitive immediately as well as forward planning - otherwise, what’s the point? I...
  26. D

News Phil Gould delves into Bulldogs issues as pressure mounts on Cameron Ciraldo

They definitely considered both sides of the argument. As fans, we need to do the same. Nothing wrong with being critical of the direction.
  27. D

Opinion Can Bulldogs football club members ask for an emergency meeting ?

Many on here happy to accept mediocrity for the next 6-7 years. So, no questions.
  28. D

It’s the first stage of grief- denial. We are performing so poorly because we have the worst roster [emoji23] …it can’t be the system or processes we have in place
  29. D

Thanks Doogie, probably your most coherent post tonight. Keep it up, good night
  30. D

Honestly, I’m trying to be nice here. I can’t make it any clearer. Yes, he (the coach) should be doing better. I’m not even sure what your point is? Other than “ass”. You’re embarrassing [emoji15]
  31. D

So at the start of the year, did you expect we would be doing worse than last year? We should be better. Improvement is the least you can ask for. That’s a “process” I can buy into. Don’t worry about buying more players - we haven’t been too good at that. Work with what we have. We’ve bought...
  32. D

So you don’t think the coach has a job to do here? I never said buy players. My point is coach is out of his depth and systems are trash. Clearly not getting the best out of the roster. Last year to this year, we are going backwards. Zero improvement. It’s not venting, it’s fact. Seems...
  33. D

No, you’re sugarcoating our current predicament. You seem to be happy with our current performance? Maybe you miss the point? If you can go from last to second in one season - buy a bunch of new players, get them gel etc…no easy feat…is it too much to ask for rookie wonder kid coach and super...
  34. D

News Phil Gould delves into Bulldogs issues as pressure mounts on Cameron Ciraldo

Not hate. Only accountability. CC is out of his depth. That alone says it all for me. Juniors improving perhaps, but it won’t be known for a little. Let’s not jump the gun.
  35. D

True, you make a good point. Let’s hope so. I really hope it works out.
  36. D

Go back through the list of who we have bought (and let go) in the last couple of years. Wooden spoon to 2nd is a fair effort irrespective of roster - 08-09 Just a reminder, we are currently worse than last year. I’d be happy with 9th right now. Why sugar coat it? This is garbage.
  37. D

Took nigh on 10 years or more with the best junior base in the league. Go back and have a look, there was plenty of waste and drama in that 10 or so years. My mail is that many overstate Gus’ influence on the current set up. But don’t listen to me, who am I to know. Just keep reading the...
  38. D

The roster isn’t that bad. I would think some improvement should be possible. Safe to say we all thought we would be travelling better than we are. Many people are missing this point or happy to gloss over it. When the campaign kicked off, I think if people were asked “are you ok with us...
  39. D

True. Unfortunately, the precedent has been set. You can underperform, take the money and blame Des when it goes belly up. Gus is no different. Only thing is, we are paying him 1mill/year
  40. D

Easier to keep blaming Des, who is 6 years gone mind you, than to be accountable.
  41. D

The word re-build can take on many different meanings. Sometimes it’s code for “we don’t yet know what we are doing, so we want more of you’re time and your money” I suspect this is what it’s looking like at the dogs at the moment. I hope I’m proven wrong.
  42. D

I’m losing respect for Gus by the day. Him coming out and trying to shore up himself by blaming those before him speaks volumes for the man. Des is about to move on to his second club after the dogs, with two years away from the game within that time. The path of least resistance is to blame...
  43. D

Still blaming Des, I see. Instead of owning where the club is at. He wants 5-6 more years. An absolute joke.
  44. D

But Gould replaced Barrett with Ciraldo. And now says “Told him not to come this year”?? Enough said.
  45. D

It’s the “cross our fingers and hope” approach. Before we know it - 3 years have passed and Gus collects 3 mill for what could have been achieved for half the price.
  46. D

I feel today’s press conference was about defending himself and his decisions and buying time. Gus the slick media communicator in full swing. Nothing to see here…just our worst ever performance against a team who has struggled to get out of their own way all year.
  47. D

Agreed. He clearly made excuses about where we are today based on decisions made in the previous 4-5 years. Another swipe at the Andersons. Reality is - we are at our lowest point in the previous 6-7 years.
  48. D

Gould trying his best to defend the coach and himself. Saying he should have waited until next year is just absolute rubbish. Why sack Barrett? Then embark on a search for a new coach? Why not extend Potter? If you really wanted Ciraldo for 2024, there are many ways he could have done it...
  49. D

But the point is that you can,and should, be able to turn things around quickly. We just missed the finals in 2011. Des came the next year and we made the GF…followed by multiple finals appearances. Sustained success, at this stage, may be code for “give me more time, while you pay me a...
  50. D

4-6 years of under performance would be diabolical for our club. We can have both - they’re not mutually exclusive. We need a competitive football team ASAP. An entire generation of fans will be lost to the club. Great clubs find ways to make it happen - Gould saying he needs 5-6 years is...
  51. D

Can someone explain to Gus that 2008 to 2009 saw us go from wooden spoon to second. I’m not sure why everything he seeks to do must take 5 to 6 years… I think the best way to explain this is that we went from a super experienced coach (Des) to 3 novice coaches in a row. Each one as clueless as...
  52. D

Has Ciraldo done anything to improve the team?

100% not ready. He never was ready. Everyone is just hoping and crossing their fingers that he will be good.
  53. D

Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

Bring back Georgallis
  54. D

Time to hear from John Khoury and Aaron Warburton

They’re out of their depth.
  55. D

Opinion Sack Gus & Ciraldo

Gus has been there nearly 2 years - he’s had the opportunity the buy players in key positions . He’s bought players and they are not performing. He’s also put his faith in a novice coach and signed him for 5 years. You can’t talk this down or make excuses. This is 100% coaching and culture
  56. D

Great pass Perham
  57. D

It’s a train wreck. We knew this was going to happen. He is novice coach, with zero experience at creating a winning culture- yet there was so much media hype and the only losers are the club and the fans.
  58. D

How did Holbrook get sacked?
  59. D

He’s taking his millions and heading straight to the bank. He’s a myth
  60. D

This result is 100% coaching and culture. Any attempt to talk this down or make up excuses about rebuilding is just rubbish. It’s disgraceful.
  61. D

Opinion Gus on Des

Hasler >>>>>>> Seibold.
  62. D

Barrett taught Ciraldo everything he knows
  63. D

2023 Round 18 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Who wins - Roosters v Sea Eagles? Tedesco with a point to prove?
  64. D

Opinion What is our identity?

Hit the nail on the head. But I’m not even sure you can compare this with the last days of Des. We are worse now for sure. It seems the amateurs are in charge at the moment.
  65. D

Holbrook Available

Holbrook >>> Ciraldo
  66. D

News A Gus about nothing: Gould promised everything but Bulldogs going backwards under his watch

Go back and read the threads from 2021-22 - you will see a pretty strong defence of Barrett in the face of a few saying he wasn’t up to it. History seems to be repeating with Ciraldo.
  67. D

News A Gus about nothing: Gould promised everything but Bulldogs going backwards under his watch

Other teams seem to turn things around more quickly. We have even done it faster in previous years… When you’re paying millions for so called gurus to get it done for you - it kinda raises the stakes a little… I don’t know…I think the fact we are going worse than last year, when we had an...
  68. D

Has Ciraldo backed himself into a corner?

You’re right - the right candidate is needed. But that only emphasises why the dogs need a more experienced coach - someone who can get something out of this squad. Those teams you mention have got better rosters - the novices can get away with it. Ciraldo is just not experienced enough to get...
  69. D

Same thing when Barrett was going from bad to worse. People defending him and his systems. It’s in the one eyed fans’ nature, to defend and hope everything works out
  70. D

Has Ciraldo backed himself into a corner?

He is a first time head coach. This was expected. Those who hailed his signing as the next best thing, no nothing about coaching. We have not improved since Des because we have signed novice coach after novice coach. Not one of them have a proven record of success as a head coach. It’s just...
  71. D

All I’ll say is, we can’t wait 5 let alone 10 years to rebuild. Gus needs to get a move on. It’s not looking good.
  72. D

Our Achilles heel …. History repeats.

Can’t blame Des anymore…
  73. D

Weakest team in history of NRL

Signing a proven Coach is all the club needs to do. Someone with a proven track record of getting the best out of players and performing as coach at the top level - I.e winning games. Enough with rookie assistant coaches who have zero experience and coaches with less than 40% or less win rate...
  74. D

Weakest team in history of NRL

Gould’s work at Penrith took far too long. They eventually got there, but with the junior base at Penrith, I suspect it wasn’t owing to Gould as the mastermind. It was always likely to happen, with or without Gould. The fact it took the better part of a decade is a little mind boggling…Now he’s...
  75. D

Opinion Canterbury Coaches

I hope you’re right. Many were saying the same about Barrett.
  76. D

Opinion Canterbury Coaches

Pay was better than Barrett and Ciraldo. But Pay was not the answer. Potter showed promise but he is nowhere to be seen now. Barrett and Ciraldo have offered much the same as Georgallis. We will not improve until we sign a proven Coach - one with over 50% win rate. “Waiting” for a novice to...
  77. D

Official Josh Jackson Retired Immediately

This club is losing its soul…We are a shadow of our former self. From 2002-2016 you could almost guarantee that we would be competitive (barring a few little slip ups in that time)… We have become the polar opposite to what we once were… I wonder if we will sign another Penrith player with the...
  78. D

Expectations

The poor decisions of those in charge over the past 5-6 years is the reason for our demise. These 5-6 years were never about rebuilding. They were about poor organisation, vested interests and diabolical decision making. The lack of forward planning we have seen is just abominable. The...
  79. D

Opinion Thank god potter isn’t coach next season

Trouble is, we signed Barrett when all the signs suggested we needed an experienced coach. It was so obvious that it was going to fail. I am wary of this Ciraldo experiment. We are seeing the same level of media hype around Ciraldo that we saw for Barrett. The only difference, Barrett...
  80. D

Opinion Thank god potter isn’t coach next season

Need a tried and tested coach for that type of result, unfortunately. People thinking Ciraldo will pull that off is wishful thinking.
  81. D

Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

You might be right buddy - fingers crossed. Go the doggies
  82. D

I’ll try to stay positive, you’re right - too much stress is prob not good for me at my age… Cleary 2.0 it is!
  83. D

It’s a coin toss - the guy has never been a head coach (except a few games here and there). He might be a success, he might not…It’s a bit of a gamble. Fingers crossed - go the Dogs!
  84. D

At many other clubs - too many to mention, and our own.
  85. D

Opinion Potter Lovers

Next year will be interesting with Ciraldo as Coach.
  86. D

Just nuts. Another season of mediocrity again next year. An L Plate coach with huge raps - we’ve seen this before. I can see it now - next year will be garbage and everybody will be cutting him slack - “it’s not his squad”, “let him build his squad”, “he needs time”… Has he even taken lower...
  87. D

Justin Holbrook

Agreed. I think he’s a good coach. People shouldn’t judge him on the Titans. The club is a graveyard. We should have got him here earlier. Might be too late now. We are in a worse position, and unfortunately so is he.
  88. D

Opinion Hannay? Please be bs

I’d have Holbrook. Keep Potter as assistant. Bring in some others like Andrew Ryan or Jimmy Dymock as assistants.
  89. D

Opinion JUSTIN HOLDBROOK

Titans is a tough gig. I rate Holbrook highly. Many a coach would struggle there. He has had some success, this year is certainly a struggle for him. I definitely would have signed him before signing Barrett - he is a better coach. That said - he will probably struggle to find another club if...
  90. D

Opinion Interim Coach

It should be Potter as interim coach. Head coach experience, connection to the club and he is already there.
  91. D

News Liam Martin knock back Panthers for a new deal

It seems we just want to keep buying players and hope the coach can have an impact. Not one player has improved/developed under Barrett’s watch. If our problem is always the roster, we have a much bigger problem. Move Barrett on and get some serious strategists and football brains at the club.
  92. D

Which coach???

The fact that we shafted Pay for Barrett, of all people, is equally mind boggling. That fact that people thought Pay had to go, yet were happy and excited about Barrett is sad and nuts at the same time.
  93. D

Opinion Do we have a Laundry problem?

Hanson is a myth. His relationship with the club is a non event. If he has any say over the long term running of our club, we are doomed.
  94. D

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

The longer Barrett is head coach, the longer it will take to get back on track. The longer we stall and hope that things will turn around, the greater the pain down the track. Begin the planning phase now for our future, by making a tough call and move him on immediately. Let him go back to...
  95. D

Interesting stat...

A diabolical decision to sign him. Many of us were calling for him to be moved on at the end of last year - at the risk of wasting another season with him at the helm. Instead, 2022 is a write off because we didn’t act decisively.
  96. D

[emoji6] yes, of course
  97. D

And this is why he probably should have been left to coach until the end of 2019 with a squad that was of his making. Instead, it allowed the coaches that followed to throw their hands up and blame Des. A diabolical mistake by those leading our club at the time. But I guarantee that Des gets...