Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh I only leave alamoti out because he may not be ready next year and needs another season in nsw cup
I believe he’s ready, didn’t he have a short stint in firsts previously, last year I believe and he was outstanding in the SOO before fracturing his cheekbone.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s a coin toss - the guy has never been a head coach (except a few games here and there).

He might be a success, he might not…It’s a bit of a gamble.

Fingers crossed - go the Dogs!
Stress less my bro.

We can deal with it IF it becomes a problem down the track.

PS just keep repeating "Cleary 2.0, not Baz 2.0" until it happens ;)

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At many other clubs - too many to mention, and our own.
Forget other clubs bro. We have signed the most sought after young coach in the game. Ciraldo has turned down other opportunities and he picked the dogs Gus will put good support around him and he will have a playing roster which will give him every chance to be a success. Ciraldo will also help us lock in Burton

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me it’s more because it’s given to a coach who has not been a head coach.. Contracts cut short just cause more instability..look at the last few years.. Anyway time will tell my man..
Craig Fitzgibbon.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can someone who is worried about the length of 5 year contract, explain to me why you are actually worried? I honestly can't see a genuine problem there.

Coaches contracts aren't worth the paper they are signed on. Plus we are loaded and don't care about payouts.

Guarantee he will either be booted or extended 2 years into his contract.
Some blokes are just to concerned about length bro when we all know it's what you do with it that matters. ;)

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stress less my bro.

We can deal with it IF it becomes a problem down the track.

PS just keep repeating "Cleary 2.0, not Baz 2.0" until it happens ;)
I’ll try to stay positive, you’re right - too much stress is prob not good for me at my age…

Cleary 2.0 it is!

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Forget other clubs bro. We have signed the most sought after young coach in the game. Ciraldo has turned down other opportunities and he picked the dogs Gus will put good support around him and he will have a playing roster which will give him every chance to be a success. Ciraldo will also help us lock in Burton
You might be right buddy - fingers crossed.

Go the doggies

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even Bellamy is not Bellamy without the right cattle, give him a team of plodders or fringe first graders and Bellamy would struggle.....He would be quite ordinary!!!

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could be the best news the club has had in years, Gus has so much faith in him, hes given him 5 years, people hate Brandy but you can see how gutted he was to lose Ciraldo, this could be massive for us. People saying hes shit already are a joke lool, I do hope potter stays on as an assistant mind, its a risk but any coach would have had some sort of risk attached to it, fingers crossed this pushes burton over the line to re-sign aswell, exciting times. Also how many times for the people who have said it, just because they both coached at Penrith does not mean hes Baz, completely different views on coaching, Baz was hardly hot property when we got him, this bloke is wanted by everyone, Baz was a failed nrl coach already aswell at Manly

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 58094

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are pleased to announce that Cameron Ciraldo has been appointed as NRL Head Coach for five (5) seasons, commencing in 2023.

As the Club continues to build for long-term sustained success, we are pleased Cameron shares the vision of ensuring our football programs are best-in-class.

With respect to Cameron and the Penrith Panthers, we will not be making any further comment until the end of the season.

Good news, bring 2023, the year of the Dogs