Has Ciraldo backed himself into a corner?

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As other ppl have mentioned dogs gone back abit
Kiraz hardly offloads the ball anymore,he just runs back first into the defence
Alamoti-we don’t expect much from him to do anything
Maloney has fallen asleep during the games
Forwards hardly bend the line
Dogs hardly do block plays which other teams have mastered

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If we not top 8 by next year then ciraldo is goneski
Nope. Simple economics. He’s got a 5 year contract. Barrett had 3 you cut him half way through you can live with the payout. Ciraldo will be given minimum 3 years.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ciraldo seems to talk the talk but the reality is he’s out of his depth on how to handle this team. He’s tried the personal approach and the players have let him down/taken advantage of it. He’s tried the warnings without doing what he said he would. And the reality is the only thing he has really acted on is dropping Flanagan, who is off contract and won’t be at the club next year anyway. Now he’s pretty much at the point where he either keeps the Mr Cool/nice guy approach and end up like Barrett in another 12/18months as an assistant again or he can wield the axe and start making the players take these results seriously.

It honestly feels like nothing has changed much since Hasler left. The squad has been flipped multiple times, coaches have come and gone but here we are still lingering at the bottom.
He is a first time head coach.

This was expected.

Those who hailed his signing as the next best thing, no nothing about coaching.

We have not improved since Des because we have signed novice coach after novice coach. Not one of them have a proven record of success as a head coach. It’s just “sign and hope”.

Problem is, the fans are over it - asking them to wait 5-10 years before we compete is a slap in the face.

We are not Penrith. We don’t have their junior base, so expecting some sort of turnaround like that (which took 10 years, mind you) is pie in the sky.

We have never been down for so long. When we got the spoon in 08, we bounced back quick - this is a joke. That’s because adults were in charge back then. Now, it’s like the apprentices are running the show.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I didn’t mean axe CC or staff etc, I meant players such as Perham for instance. He seems fixated on him at FB when we could try Wilson there who looks to have more urgency and speed. Perham may be a good trainer or whatever off the field that we don’t see but he’s a problem in FG and most on the kennel can see it, so why does he constantly get picked?
Averillo has committed elsewhere so give someone else a go who’s been going well in Cup, maybe Skelton. I’m just sick of hearing the same excuses every week but he picks the same side, where’s the accountability in that to the playing group. It’s been that way for too long over multiple coaching tenures
Because you need some consistency. It’s in every coaching handbook be that corporate or sport. You can’t chop and change things regularly because you’re not getting immediate results. I also said ‘the sheds’ in my post so wasn’t just referring to the front office. Imagine young fullbacks if they saw another young fullback get chopped after half a season: ‘Well I don’t want to sign there, they discard you quickly if you’re not a superstar’. Likewise Jake. Yeah he’s going but he’s actually one of the most experienced FG-er’s in an already very young side. Why bring in more inexperience when we’ve already got that in spades? Did you see our side against the Sharts? Perham, Kiraz, Alamoti, Oloapu, Preston, Morrin, Rajab and Pele are all first or second year players. All bringing in the likes of Skelton and Wilson would do is make them more vulnerable and lower their confidence even further. I’m glad TK aren’t in charge of the club :-).

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lack leaders on the field our forward pack is small and young. We don’t have a halfback.
I hope he understands this and is addressing this ! Burton is 5/8 and a 5/8 only he can’t run a team and we need more devastating go forward some intimidating players

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not that he will but for the rest of the year averillo to FB
Blood skelton
KO play as a ol skool 13
Blood Hayward at 7
Pangai only play 15 min to start
No point avo is gone next year. I’d rather blood Wilson or papalii at fullback give them abit of experience and see how they go.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No you can't. It's every week.

Such & such a player is a cahnt, refs are cheats, if that was us they would award/deny it.

No offence to all, but it's sometimes no wonder players aren't willing to come to the club, they don't need the shit of what is posted about them.
True. It just feels amplified during a bye. Hopefully based on what we just saw on TK-E6 that the players don’t read TK as part of their sewer media protocols.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bring back full of beans and focus on the run to end of the season, never let fuckheads have their way or read the script.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because you need some consistency. It’s in every coaching handbook be that corporate or sport. You can’t chop and change things regularly because you’re not getting immediate results. I also said ‘the sheds’ in my post so wasn’t just referring to the front office. Imagine young fullbacks if they saw another young fullback get chopped after half a season: ‘Well I don’t want to sign there, they discard you quickly if you’re not a superstar’. Likewise Jake. Yeah he’s going but he’s actually one of the most experienced FG-er’s in an already very young side. Why bring in more inexperience when we’ve already got that in spades? Did you see our side against the Sharts? Perham, Kiraz, Alamoti, Oloapu, Preston, Morrin, Rajab and Pele are all first or second year players. All bringing in the likes of Skelton and Wilson would do is make them more vulnerable and lower their confidence even further. I’m glad TK aren’t in charge of the club :-).
To be fair Perham has had a fair chance to cement his spot. It’s not like I’ve watched him play 2 games and am saying he needs to go. Wilson has looked ok and been playing FB in reserves. Also it’s not like Perham is an established FB and you’re taking 200 games of experience out of the team for a rookie. He is pretty much a rookie himself.
Regarding Averillo, he’s gone. We aren’t on the fringe of the 8, so we don’t really owe him anything and need to pick him to make it. I’m happy for him to be picked but in saying that why not try Skelton at some stage. Or wait until another team approaches him with an opportunity

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is a first time head coach.

This was expected.

Those who hailed his signing as the next best thing, no nothing about coaching.

We have not improved since Des because we have signed novice coach after novice coach. Not one of them have a proven record of success as a head coach. It’s just “sign and hope”.

Problem is, the fans are over it - asking them to wait 5-10 years before we compete is a slap in the face.

We are not Penrith. We don’t have their junior base, so expecting some sort of turnaround like that (which took 10 years, mind you) is pie in the sky.

We have never been down for so long. When we got the spoon in 08, we bounced back quick - this is a joke. That’s because adults were in charge back then. Now, it’s like the apprentices are running the show.
Fitzgibbon was a rookie coach and the Sharks have been a top 4 team since then..

Webster is a rookie coach and has done a great job with the Warriors..

Payten was in his first full season as coach last year and they made the top 4..

Rookie coaches aren't the problem. You just have to find the right one. I'm still confident that Ciraldo will work out.. The difference with those teams is that they had far more experienced squads and in Cronulla and the Cowboys case, a lot more talent..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His stubbornness with guys like hayze/oku and a few others are is des like

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fitzgibbon was a rookie coach and the Sharks have been a top 4 team since then..

Payten was in his first full season as coach last year and they made the top 4..

Rookie coaches aren't the problem. You just have to find the right one. I'm still confident that Ciraldo will work out.. The difference with those teams is that they had far more experienced squads and in Cronulla and the Cowboys case, a lot more talent..
Payten's 2nd year last year, 1st year was dreadful. Cowboy roster also looked like hot garbage that 1st year. Winning and success will just make players look better.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Agree with all of that except Payten coached the Cowboys in 2021 when they finished 15th. Last season was his second season.

Difference between us and all those teams is they have a halfback & good props.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Payten's 2nd year last year, 1st year was dreadful.
Yeah you're right.. Which should give people more reason to wait and see how Ciraldo goes. Payten did nothing year one, then top 4 year two. I'm not saying we're making the top 4 next year or even the top 8, but it shows how quickly things can change.