Search results

1. lovemachine

What happened to Max King?

Everyone said he was the one guy that has not stopped trying but this year it seems to me he doesn’t put much effort in. something seems up. Am I seeing things or has anyone noticed this?
  2. lovemachine

Do we want killers or nice characters? Let's end this.

Ok I am getting tired of Kwnnelers saying we want mongrel/bulldog bite/ aggression. Then when we have players on our radar that embody these, like Maguire and Lodge, everyone seems to change tune and want nice guys. Maybe it isnt the same people, I dont know. So can we definitiveky make a...
  3. lovemachine

How to make the team premiership contenders in three easy steps

Since we already have bought Crichton* Step 1. Buy Ben Hunt for 1.4 mil Step 2. Bu Matt Lodge for unders, say 450k Step 3. Buy Josh Maguire for 200k.Mongrel depth. Then just decide who we want to keep for retention. Then we roll into 2024 like: 1 Stephen Crichton 2 Black Wilson 3 Jacob...
  4. lovemachine

Rumour Isaacs Tago

Hey guys. I know for a fact that Gus had a coffee with Tagos people last week. Whether it’s just a friendly catch up or for recruitment I don’t know but he might be on the radar for us.
  5. lovemachine

Josh Maguire available

Hey guys. Heard word that Josh is in Australia after getting released by Warrington. I think it might be worth throwing or offering a couple of hundred thousand his way on a one year deal. Good depth and an enforcer and is such a hard ****. worth throwing hat in the ring for prop depth...
  6. lovemachine

Rd 16 vs Sharks 3-2-1

Spirited effort but we were way short today. for me: 3- Preston 2- Flanagan 1- Burns special shout to Kurtis Morrin and Averillo
  7. lovemachine

Matt Burton Fullback?

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. He is a mediocre ball player but a sensational runner/stepper. He has a big boot. That can be utilised at the back. At Fullback he can run and chime in as the third half. Best of both worlds and utility of his strengths. He also was fullback...
  8. lovemachine

Explain to me the appeal of Alamoti?

Everyone I know are scratching their heads what fans see in this guy? Becoming more divide than Mortimer I see people here wanting to make him a priority. All I see is a junior who was known for his elusiveness that has bulked up and has no pace or power. I thought he did the small thing right...
  9. lovemachine

CB Top 30 2024

Fullback/Wingers: 1.Stephen Crichton 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. JAC 4. Wilson 5.Perham Centre three quarters: 6.Averillo 7. Alamoti (Hate this guy with a passion but they'll sign him, you can tell). 8. Xerri 9. Skelton Halves: 10. Rajab 11. KO 12. Ben Hunt 13. Burton Hooker: 14. Mahoney 15. BBO...
  10. lovemachine

Why does our club hate halfbacks?

Ever since I was a baby I dont ever see any emphasis on the club focusing on this position, why? It is the most important position. We bought Flanagan, a roosters reject. Before him we had Lewis. Just a rookie that tries and tackles. Before that Mbye. A rookie. Before him Hokko, who played well...
  11. lovemachine

Doyle’s RIP

His dead bro at age 90. The Godfather himself.
  12. lovemachine

2024 starting line up

1. Stephen Crichton 2. Josh Addo Carr 3. Jacob Kiraz 4. Jack Averillo 5. Black Wilson 6. Matt Burton 7. Foreign halfback. 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Luke Thompson 11. Villiamu Kikau 12. Jacob Preston 13. Ryan Sutton - 14 BBO 15 Pele 16 TPJ 17 Okenbor
  13. lovemachine

Best 5 coaches of our club all time ranked?

We haven’t actually had that many coaches until recently when we started swapping alot. In my opinion this is our top coaches: 1. warren Ryan. He did some Amazing things with an ovberrated swuaf and won a few titles. 60% win rate 2. Des Hasler 2x grand finals at 56% win rate says it all. Some...
  14. lovemachine

Is tHis a good idea for widening the junior talent pool?

Was thinking just then how to expand our smallish junior player base and I had an idea that maybe the doggs can establish a program targeting children/ teenagers who have fallen by the wayside and found themselves in juvenile detention, problem schools etc. No shortage of this in the area. My...
  15. lovemachine

Lebanese NRL star Josh Mansour in politics

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/liberal-party-approached-nrl-star-mansour-to-run-against-opposition-leader-at-election-20230124-p5cf4j.html Read. TLDR: They want Mansour to run for the Libs because he’s ethnic.
  16. lovemachine

Should we re-sign Flanagan? (Read before commenting)

Question at its core is in the title but hear me out. Let’s just say, that as expected, Flanno improves a little bit. Not a bunch, but a bit. He does his job in the sense makes hard tackles. Pinpoint kicks, and keeps game error free and allows Burton to do his thing (or whoever is his halves...
  17. lovemachine

Pokies thread

Forewarning: Not everyone likes pokies and some feel strongly against them so in that case this post is not for you but understand some people love them and they are a big part of Lebanese/Asian culture in Australia and they are literally the lifeblood of the Canterbury bulldogs vis the leagues...
  18. lovemachine

Thinking exercise. Best dogs team of all time?

Here is a thought provoking one, for the off season and that is who is the best bulldogs team of all time you would choose to represent you if your life depended on it. Here are the rules. 1. Must have played for the doggs 2. You can choose them as they were at the peak of their bulldogg...
  19. lovemachine

We need to start giving the Penrith Panthers so much respect

Disclaimer: The following thought/rant is my own and my own only and if you see it posted anywhere but here it is pirated and not the original. @1967 one thing I have noticedso me I joined this forum is the disrespect in the form of jabs/Jones and insults at thePenrith club. On its own I...
  20. lovemachine

A safety Message with Josh Mansour

Hi everyone, I’m ex Panther and future Bulldogs hopeful Josh Mansour (aka Hussy) here with an important safety reminder. As the New Years Holiday approaches and more of us use our roads, please remember to stay safe this year. In December 2018 alone there were 98 fatalities on the road, with a...
  21. lovemachine

Would there be any interest in this?

I am looking at getting into writing and I was thinking of writing some Nasheed fan fiction and posting it here. Stories were the central character is Nasheed and adventures with him. But, I don’t want to do this if it upsets the forum or it’s seen as trolling so thought I would ask. Just...
  22. lovemachine

Top 11 halfbacks in the NRL today

Just wondering with all the halfback talk who you consider the top 11 in the NRL today. My criteria is it’s on current form, and must play half. For me: 1. Nathan Cleary 2. Daily Cherry Evans 3. Mitchell Moses 4. Ben Hunt 5. Ja Hughes 6. Chad Townsend 7. Nico Hynes 8. Adam Reynolds 9. Sam Walker...
  23. lovemachine

Our Greatest Fullback ever?

Ok third time lucky since the last two had controversy. I made sure I included Les Johns so the old timers don’t get snappy. Should be a tight contest between Barba and Silva I think. Patten might be a smokie.
  24. lovemachine

Our Greatest Stand Off ever?

Following the theme from halfback. Someone asked for this as a follow up. Could be a tight one.
  25. lovemachine

Our greatest halfback ever?

Hey all this talk about Moses has made me wonder who you consider our best halfback we have ever had? I’ve listed all the possible options and some are open to interpretation so let me know.
  26. lovemachine

Halligan 98 vs el Masri 02 goal kick

Hey dogs fans. The great debate over two of the great conversions. Will give people context for those who don’t know what I’m talking about or remember. 1) 1998 semi To make the gf was dogs vs parra. Dogs were getting thrashed 18-2 with 10 remaining. They came back With 3 tries and willie...
  27. lovemachine

2021 off contract list

hey all i have a friend who has good contacts in the nrl and i was able to get the off contract list for next year sent to me. please dont share this elsewhere. there is lots of good players in my opinion and we have money to spare: BRONCOS Jesse Arthars, Jack Bird, Xavier Coates, Brodie...