Doyle’s RIP

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty ignorant replies here.
He’s the most famous poker player of all time and wrote the first poker book taht exposed/gave light to pro poker players secrets.
Which has become an industry since and been milked to death. Hence why Lynn calling him the godfather.

you guys play APL poker at Bankstown leagues coz of him.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the uncultured:
‘Brunson authored Super/System, which is widely considered one of the most authoritative books on poker. Originally self-published in 1978, Super/System was the book credited with transforming poker by giving ordinary players insight into how professionals such as Brunson played and won, so much so that Brunson believes that it cost him a lot of money. An updated revision, Super/System 2, was published in 2004. Besides Brunson, several top poker players contributed chapters to Super/System including Bobby Baldwin, Mike Caro, David Sklansky, Chip Reese, and Joey Hawthorne. The book is subtitled "How I made one million dollars playing poker" by Doyle Brunson’

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I’m going all in ten 2 next time at Guildford just for this guy.
So many disrespectful comments in this thread for a guy more famous than Andrew Johns, Feleti Mateo and Matt Burton combined!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So many disrespectful comments in this thread for a guy more famous than Andrew Johns, Feleti Mateo and Matt Burton combined!
Guildford leagues? They still have NPL there?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t worry. Doyle Brunson is more of a somebody most of us could ever aspire to be!
You are right though, he is one of the originals to bring poker to the mainstream.

people even praise that dead jew coke and crackhead Stu Ungar.
He was just as good as Doyle in the early years but he was too weak hearted and became a useless junky!