Search results

1. The__GM

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

So when the Melbourne Storm or Penrith Panthers run preseason army style camps that involve sleep deprivation and hours long physical and mental endurance challenges, it’s good for culture, team building and helping the players push themselves beyond their limits so they can compete week in week...
  2. The__GM

Stat dive - defence analysis

Was interesting to just go back and look at our team list from the corresponding Round 7 clash, we lost 30-4 against the Eels, this time last year. Only 6 carry over players, and Sutton/ Preston are currently injured. Lots of minutes for a lot of average NRL players, a fair few who aren't in...
  3. The__GM

Opinion Sam Hughes

He was coming off of back surgery if I remember correctly? Basically the coaching staff have had him wrapped in cotton wool to start and ease him in. Just because he’s an incredible endurance athlete or strong in the gym won’t mean anything on the field if his head isn’t in the game getting used...
  4. The__GM

Sin Bin for Some- but Not others ?

NAS Breaks Egans Jaw... Forceful tackle. https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/08/01/forceful-tackle-why-nas-was-cleared-over-egan-incident/ One set of Rules for Melbourne, one set of rules for everyone else.
  5. The__GM

News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

Xerri is what we wished for in Schoupp and Alamoti, for a third of the price.
  6. The__GM

News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

Xerri seems to have it both ways - doesn't look out of place taking 20+ hitups for 200m+, but also has the silky hands for the quick catch-pass, and a nice step to go in-and-out and burn his defender as well. Averillo might have a little more flashiness to him, but Xerri has a much higher floor...
  7. The__GM

Opinion Max & Sam - Why no1,2 Punch, CC?

Side note: I keep forgetting Ryan Sutton is on the team/ injured... Don't think he solves our problems up the middle, regardless.
  8. The__GM

Official Max King extends to end of 2027

Max King makes my cock sting.
  9. The__GM

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Great offload from the ground by Ogden lol
  10. The__GM

News 'Minister' Tetevano to preach hard training at Bulldogs

Great - another bloke who will injure our players during training.
  11. The__GM

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

Terrible signing - I know we are desperate for middles, but, we shouldn't be this desperate.
  12. The__GM

Official Sam Hughes contract extension

Well deserved Samuela'a Haas. Going to dominate in the middle for us for many years.
  13. The__GM

Your Round 1 Team?

1. Tracey 2. JAC 3. Critta 4. Kiraz 5. Wilson 6. Burton 7. Sexton 8. King 9. Mahoney 10. Hughes 11. Kikau 12. Preston 13. Curran 14. Mann 15. Poasa 16. Morrin 17. Salmon
  14. The__GM

Zane tetevano signed for 2024

Terrible signing all round. Bracing myself for the Tyrone May signing next.
  15. The__GM

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

I'm going to rock up to the office next week pumping a loud speaker, bring on the promotion/ payrise
  16. The__GM

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs is thrilled to announce the appointment of Stephen Crichton as the new Club Captain for the upcoming season. As we transition into the new season, the Club would like to express its deepest gratitude to Matt Burton and Reed Mahoney for their outstanding...
  17. The__GM

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2024/02/22/ciraldo-announces-crichton-as-new-club-captain-expresses-gratitude-to-mahoney-and-burton
  18. The__GM

Curran signed.

There's been a Sexton video by Grub. A Critta video by JMoz. Now Curran by Jammer. 2024 is the Year of the Dog.
  19. The__GM

Pre Game Thread, Trial 1: Bulldogs vs Storm @ Belmore, 7pm Thu 15-Feb

What happened to our boy Harrison J Edwards?
  20. The__GM

Your favourite Bulldogs GF win & why?

Born in 91, so only have a solid recollection of 2004. However, 2012, closely followed by 2009, were my favourite seasons. The bounce back after being woeful the year(s) prior, deep Finals/ GF runs, Barba Dally M season, so many memorable matches along the way.
  21. The__GM

Hutchison Pre Season Press Conference

It's a no-brainer. 28 years old, 71 FG games with the Roosters after a stint in ESL, vs 22 years old, 24 games in 3 years with a bottom feeding Titans team.
  22. The__GM

Hutchison Pre Season Press Conference

Seeing how lean he is gives me some hope that our team might not be one of the unfittest running around next season.
  23. The__GM

Let's Trot with Burton

Blocker Roach sounds like Aristotle compared to Matt Burton in this podcast.
  24. The__GM

Let's Trot with Burton

Confirms he doesn't have much going on between the ears. Doesn't speak very eloquently, or have much to say. No wonder we look directionless in attack. Way too introverted to be a leader, let alone a half.
  25. The__GM

Let's Trot with Burton

Only part way through, reading between the lines, it sounds like a lot of the deadwood that was moved on from last season to this has made a big improvement to the standards in training. Also, compared to last year, a lot less talk out of the club and a lot more work. Hopefully it provides...
  26. The__GM

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Where is it written they have to give up anyone?
  27. The__GM

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

"There are no quality middles available" Is snapped at a cafe with AFB. Doesn't end up signing him for 2025 when we have plenty of cap space available, lose him to the Sharks. Absolute gut punch.
  28. The__GM

Official Corey Allan released

They need to get Allan’s manager down to the Gaza Strip. He would be able to negotiate peace in the Middle East within 48 hours.
  29. The__GM

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

I keep forgetting about the Coaches favourite, Harrison Edwards. He'll be in or there about's in the 17/ 21.
  30. The__GM

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

Taffee JAC Crichton Kiraz Wilson Burton Sexton/ Hutchison Knight Mahoney King Kikau Preston Curran Bench: Salmon Mann Patolo Sutton No forward depth whatsoever. Morrin I don't think can play until R11 again. Then the rest of the utilities and depth singings crushing it in NSW Cup again.
  31. The__GM

Opinion Pre Season Training

I've got: Taffee JAC Crichton Kiraz Wilson Burton Sexton/ Hutchison Knight Mahoney King Kikau Preston Curran Bench: Salmon Mann Patolo Sutton No forward depth whatsoever. Morrin I don't think can play until R11 again. Then the rest of the utilities and depth singings crushing it...
  32. The__GM

Fuck sakes, Bennett has already improved Avo out of sight - fixed his Acne on the first day of preseason!
  33. The__GM

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Yep - Knight, King, Patolo is still light in the middle, but will be enough with Kikau, Preston on edges and I would play Keon at 13 to unlock his excellent ball playing.
  34. The__GM

Membership 2024

Just spent $700 on 2 x Gold Full Season memberships. Why do I do this to myself?
  35. The__GM

Luke Thompson to Wigan warriors

He came during the Covid season, and took 2 weeks to quaratine and get his legs under him. Then, ended the season with a 4 week suspension which carried over into the next year (If it had happened 12 months later, he would have been a part of the cohort that had their histories 'wiped' with the...
  36. The__GM

Luke Thompson to Wigan warriors

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/10/04/luke-thompson-to-join-wigan/
  37. The__GM

News Cameron Ciraldo spotted in talks with Jason Taylor as Bulldogs move for former NRL coach

I don't want Jason Taylor anywhere near our club. His signing would be detrimental to the club.
  38. The__GM

Alex Seyfarth in talks with the Bulldogs.

Bullet dodged. Praise Allah.
  39. The__GM

Alamoti to the Panthers

I wish him well. Clearly something wasn’t right for him to get all the preseason hype, then fall off completely. I would prefer Skelton and Crichton in the centres anyway. He obviously needs to fix his pace and contact in D. Everything else about his game is a great foundation to build upon. I...
  40. The__GM

News Bulldogs chase Tiger

God I hope not. A somehow, worse, Ginger, Waddell.
  41. The__GM

Bulldogs player walks out

Hardly a punishment. Our defensive efforts this season, I bet half the flogs slipped off him during the wrestle, and the other half either got injured or hip dropped him during the session.
  42. The__GM

Thompson flopped

20 tackles 8 misses And his manager is shopping him around. I’m selling some snake oil if the Tigers are interested.
  43. The__GM

With the 2 points for the bye we are now 8 points ahead of the Tigers on the ladder

Looking forward to having a healthy pack in TPJ, Luke Thompson, Kikau and RFM, with a Halfback in Sexton and FB in Averillo that perfectly complement Burton and Reed, for all of a month, possibly win the rest of the games to close the season with nothing on the line, only to then lose Thompson...
  44. The__GM

Ryan Sutton Defence

What is sad, is it isn't like he had a huge / "Contract Year" type season, to justify the 3 year/ reported pay packet we dished up to land his services. Now he's moping to the media about complex defensive structures whilst not being able to get the basics right of making his tackles. Part...
  45. The__GM

Liam Knight?

Good interview from earlier in the year. Seems to have come a long way.
  46. The__GM

Liam Knight?

Just for the rest of this season, he will be back for 2024 is my understanding? Which means one of the following won't be back for next season... Paul Alamoti, Braidon Burns, Declan Casey, Kyle Flanagan, Samuel Hughes, Jayden Okunbor, Luke Thompson, Corey Waddell
  47. The__GM

Liam Knight?

Was Gus simply meeting with Taaffe as a reference check for the Liam Knight signing?
  48. The__GM

Liam Knight?

The White Chris Patolo. Just what we didn't need, another 25 minute bench prop with no motor and full of errors.
  49. The__GM

Opinion Going backwards (Poll)

In the past 12-18 months under Gould, we have: Moved on Barrett, clearly the wrong man for the job. Brought in Ciraldo, who, although the Ws and defence aren't there, he at least has principles he follows and clear coaching directive with the squad that is filtering down to strong reserve grade...
  50. The__GM

Rumour The Canterbury Bulldogs will offer Gold Coast Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a $4 million contract – and a share in a pub

The same Buzz Rothfield that had Kyle Flanagan 100% going to Manly about 2 months ago - but, nothing. They apparently know the in's-and-out's of our club, yet the Toby Sexton signing came out of nowhere - media being alerted to it via both clubs press releases. We're going to sign Tino with Pub...
  51. The__GM

News ‘You’ve been wrong that many times’: Gus’ wild TV clash with reporter over Tino pub claims

Same crap, different day. There is no accountability for the nonsense Buzz writes about our club. It was terrible pre-Gus joining, and has been 100x worse since he has joined. Here's a snapshot of The Daily Telecrap, just searching our club: We were linked to May, that hasn't happened, club...
  52. The__GM

Official Hayze Perham not even first choice fullback in reserves!

It's because he's a Centre playing out of position at FB in FG, because he 'has a voice at the back' and 'trains really hard'.
  53. The__GM

Is 10 wins a pass?

Yep - the game is always full of controversy and a packed house due to the Easter Show. It's almost like the result is secondary to the media shitstorm that ensues.
  54. The__GM

Is 10 wins a pass?

Souths Good Friday was also a killer. We looked "on" from the outset, and as soon as JAC did his ankle, it was the beginning of the end of our season. In game, we poorly managed the substitutions which had us exposed and leaked 50+ points. It also included an incorrectly sin-binned Preston for a...
  55. The__GM

Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

I rate it. He forced 23 dropouts in 19 games last season. We desperately need a HB who can help build pressure and game manage when we're struggling for points.
  56. The__GM

Opinion 4 Game Win Streak

That's the plan.
  57. The__GM

Opinion 4 Game Win Streak

I have decided, for my own sanity, to stop watching the Bulldogs live (In person or TV) until we have put together a 4-game win streak. My reasoning, is that any club that is serious about being in the Finals race, can put together 1 consistent month of football. It is in an incredibly low...
  58. The__GM

News A Gus about nothing: Gould promised everything but Bulldogs going backwards under his watch

Another advantage to Gus spending time at 9, is he gets to keep working over the media. Weedler and co., will help big time with their connections and network. Other than whinging from other fan bases, there's really no downside to Gus being on 9. If he isn't voicing his opinions on that...
  59. The__GM

Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

It's pretty simple - Blake Wilson in at FB, Okunbor to the bench as a cover - maximum 25 minute role. He doesn't deserve to be playing close to 80 minutes on an edge.
  60. The__GM

Thanks for ruining Christmas.
  61. The__GM

Happy for Rajab to get a start. Topine on the bench too. Waddell finally out of the starting 17. The world is healing. Perham not named in the centres or left out of the team entirely baffles me. I am happy for Blake Wilson to take the FB for the rest of the season and give him some FG...
  62. The__GM

100% Footy - Luke Brooks

Love this news. Sets Manly back another half-decade.
  63. The__GM

Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

You listed 3 first graders, 2 of which are playing out of position, and a bunch of prospects/ Solid NSW Cup level talent. That's our issue.
  64. The__GM

Jake Averillo & the destruction of my $1multi

Gamble Responsibly.
  65. The__GM

Tyrone May anyone

How to lose fans and alienate our franchise. Don’t do it. Not under any circumstances. Not if he were paying us to play. No, no, no, no, no.
  66. The__GM

Official Reed not charged

This game had a few head scratchers: The Averillo "No Try" that was never reviewed early in the second half. Replays show there wasn't any contact from Ock on the contest on the Rooster winger, upon review it could have been ruled a try had it been given a stoppage/ time to review the play. The...
  67. The__GM

Official Gus on Twitter

Yep - Avo extension. The acne is a dead giveaway.
  68. The__GM

Burton is just a centre (March 23)

It's early days, but, I can't believe Brisbane did KO as dirty as they did. This kid could be a quality 6 or 7 for a decade if you put the right development resources into him, and then transition into a 13 in his later years. No brainer to pay the transfer fee that we did and get him into our...
  69. The__GM

Official Round 12 Bulldogs vs Titans Game Day Thread

Ciro: "Big changes are needed. We can now call on guys outside the top 30." Also Ciro: Names a virtually unchanged lineup outside of the Foxx return, Oloapu starting and Sam Hughes in for a suspended Pele. Ether me.
  70. The__GM

Penalties Killing us

Have a look at some of the other stats, it is a surprise we have won the 4 games we have, and been in others (Sharks, Warriors losses)...
  71. The__GM

Official Gus on Twitter

He dropped on a podcast the other week that he was meeting with lots of player managers during Magic round, and 'this is usually the time some deals get done within your own club and with other clubs'.
  72. The__GM

Official Round 11 Bulldogs vs Warriors Game Day Thread

The best thing about JAC being back, is that Casey is now out.
  73. The__GM

5 day turn around has to go

Good thing now for us it appears as though we have nothing but 6 or 7 day turnarounds from here on out.
  74. The__GM

Official The ‘gun is the best half at the club

Once Flanagan departs either mid-season or at season's end - which persona are you going to take on next, I wonder? Corey Waddell, perhaps? Who are the other whipping boys for the TK that are left?
  75. The__GM

Atkins is a biased flog

Any competent referee treats the Waddell/ Lomax situation with a short, sharp whistle to stop play, make sure the scrum of players separates and confirms it is the Dragons ball (even though it's the wrong call). Yes, there was a slight bobble, but Lomax never cleanly stripped - hence Waddell...
  76. The__GM

Andrew Davey joins Parramatta Eels from Bulldogs

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-transfer-news-andrew-davey-joins-parramatta-eels-from-bulldogs/news-story/2a2e713776ec99a32908ed49e3b63386 Andrew Davey is returning to the Eels after being granted an immediate release from Canterbury. Davey will join the Eels this week and is...
  77. The__GM

News Max king out for 4 weeks

The problem now is things are snowballing. Patolo, TPJ and Thommo not being ready for round 1, has placed a bigger load on Sutton, King, Waddell, RFM etc. Now that we are getting some troops back, the extra load has taken out King, Kikau injured at training working on our wrestle, Kiraz injured...
  78. The__GM

Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons Game Day Thread

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will be searching for their fourth win of the season when they face the St George Illawarra Dragons on Sunday at WIN Stadium. The match looms as a crucial game for both sides as they aim to bounce back from a series of losses to re-enter the winners circle. The...
  79. The__GM

News The Mole: Father's ploy to lure disgruntled Bulldogs playmaker Kyle Flanagan to rival club

Seibold shipped off two promising junior forwards for Aaron Woods. He is 100% that dumb.
  80. The__GM

Kikau training injury

Yeah, and they still punted his ass because of the damage he was doing to the team. One of the worst runs of ACLs/ Shoulders/ etc in their clubs history.
  81. The__GM

Kikau training injury

Travis Touma and his staff have a lot to answer for. The Roosters had the same injury crisis when he was with them. Now it is ripping through our club. What is going on? 2 or 3 injuries, sure. But an entire forward pack and the marquee signings all getting injured is beyond a joke now.
  82. The__GM

Official Round 7 - Bulldog v Eel - Team List + Match Discussion

The day Flanagan learns how to manipulate the D line and open up gaps for his outside men is the day I DM Sydney Sweeney asking her to date me and she replies saying sure let's do it.
  83. The__GM

Official Round 7 - Bulldog v Eel - Team List + Match Discussion

Avo and Kiraz lining up against the Russell/ Dunster edge? If so, they should have a field day.
  84. The__GM

Opinion For and Against

It should have been: Perham to left wing outside Alamoti. Drop Avo back to FB. Put Topine into right centre to replace Avo. That would have kept Alamoti defending in the centres were he knows what he's doing, and some pace outside him in Perham to cover any breaks.
  85. The__GM

News ‘I thought it was all over’: How Reynolds’ return to Bulldogs almost ended before it began

I still can't believe the comeback his hairline has made. Did he stopover in Türkiye on the way back from England?
  86. The__GM

Bulldogs vs cows match thread

Cows are missing: Nanai, Drinkwater, Hiku, Leilua, Cotter, Tamou, Taulagi, Shibasaki, Hampton, Gosiewski. 10 of their top 30 injured, or suspended. This is a trap game for us, which I could see us losing.
  87. The__GM

Official So good to see Ciraldos faith in Hayze Perham justified!

I thought the first Tommy T try was all Burtons fault - if you watch the replays, Perham had it covered. His hand deflecting the kick for no reason wrong footed Perham and gave Turbo a clean run at the footy. If Burton pulls his hand away, Perham cleans it up
  88. The__GM

Official So good to see Ciraldos faith in Hayze Perham justified!

Perham needs to work on his ball handling/ play making in the red zone. Can’t just be a support player 24/7. I’d rather Averillo play FB inside 20 and move Perham to right centre for set pieces. Also, his defensive positioning at times can be hit and miss. His biggest strengths are his...
  89. The__GM

Opinion Our Right Edge

Covered most of it here, but adding: Nofo never played the ball on the mark - always walked 2-3m forward niggling with the marker defender. Never told to go back and play it properly. Naden's work on Kiraz was laughable. Could have penalised every tackle he was in, let it slide for some...
  90. The__GM

Rumour Mitchell Moses

Apparently there was a Parra fan at the game calling Moses 'Startrack' because he never delivers when you want him to. Genius.
  91. The__GM

Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

Game officially sold out to GA.
  92. The__GM

Kiraz

Dally M Results: Round 2 Storm v Bulldogs — Jacob Kiraz - 6 points; Max King - 2 points; Jacob Preston - 2 points; Jake Averillo - 1 point; Hayze Perham - 1 point. 2 x 3pt votes for King Kiraz. Deserved them all. I would have gone King 2pts x 2, then 1 each for Perham and Preston.
  93. The__GM

Belmore Tickets

Members had access to presale. Good reminder to become a member if you aren’t already.
  94. The__GM

Jacob Preston Will Be This Years Bargain Buy

the double win of Preston starting and Waddell not starting is the reason we won last night. When TPJ and Thompson are back that flog will be out the door.
  95. The__GM

News After falling flat in their season opener, Canterbury must rebuild their season by taking on Melbourne's might

I was wrong - 27 total + a Sin Bin played 19 total for Manly. Also, I would say more than 50% of our Penalties/ Ruck infringements happened on tackle 4, or just inside the 40m line so Manly got an entire fresh set and could kick for touch.
  96. The__GM

News After falling flat in their season opener, Canterbury must rebuild their season by taking on Melbourne's might

The team had 26 combined Penalties, Errors and 6 Against. If we can get that down to 10-12, we should win. Can't keep being our own worst enemy.