Rumour The Canterbury Bulldogs will offer Gold Coast Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a $4 million contract – and a share in a pub

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mate, go back and look at the articles, headlines & agendas when qld lost 2 series in a row a few years back.

Plenty of ex qld players bagging them out, mass changes etc.

Qld boast loyalty, passion and how NSW lack the above but when they aren’t winning, the knives are equally as sharp as NSW.
Def happens you're right but I reckon to nowhere near the constant and continual personal vindictiveness of it. There is still a certain respect for the institutation and those that went before in the press up here....all owned by the same companies mind but its not worth money to them to bag league as much...Broncs case in point.

Just my observations since coming up here.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hey guys, finally getting over this covid shit now, just few aches and pains still. worst sickness I’ve ever had,some painful shit. Glad it only knocked me down for a few days. Also thanks for all your kind words !!
Glad you're on the mend. You've missed a lot on here lol

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
When is laundy gonna come out in public and support his club and Gus! That is what needs to happen to shut that old flog buzz up!
Don't feed the trolls. Gus would have said let Buzz and company pontificate. They are the ones who will look silly at the end.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The same Buzz Rothfield that had Kyle Flanagan 100% going to Manly about 2 months ago - but, nothing. They apparently know the in's-and-out's of our club, yet the Toby Sexton signing came out of nowhere - media being alerted to it via both clubs press releases. We're going to sign Tino with Pub money and Haas with prayer sessions with SBW.

The real reason this is such a big story now, is because Origin III is a dead rubber. The DT/ Fox need some sort of manufactured controversy to drive engagement, and what better way than to spin the rollerdex and land on Phil Gould/ Bulldogs cap rorting allegations and big-name signings. The RLPA Media ban has been beaten to death now, club footy has taken a back seat to a lacklustre Origin, so this is the only story that can be a storm in a teacup until the season proper resumes next weekend.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club should sue but won't.
Back in 2002 during the salary cap drama it was legally permissible for the club to take the NRL to court and win under the restriction of trade laws but opted not to,
We ask why not ?
Then CEO The Great Steve Turvey Mortimer didn't want our club to drag the game in courts, most importantly it would've meant the competition ceasing operations until the case is over, he couldn't do it to the game !
Had he done so the game might have been better for it now with less control and influence from the corrupt News Ltd.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys, finally getting over this covid shit now, just few aches and pains still. worst sickness I’ve ever had,some painful shit. Glad it only knocked me down for a few days. Also thanks for all your kind words !!
Welcome back Scooob!

IMG_5719.gif

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greed is the downfall of humanity...
I will repeat what I have previously said...If we can't recognise the amazing job Gus Khoury and the board are doing we do not deserve a team to follow !!!
Agree. Anyone trying to cause trouble at this stage is a fuckwit looking for trouble.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The c**t can go bathe in his own piss and when we’re back at the top of the comp if his even still walking he won’t be after he has a stroke the obsessed inbred.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Back in 2002 during the salary cap drama it was legally permissible for the club to take the NRL to court and win under the restriction of trade laws but opted not to,
We ask why not ?
Then CEO The Great Steve Turvey Mortimer didn't want our club to drag the game in courts, most importantly it would've meant the competition ceasing operations until the case is over, he couldn't do it to the game !
Had he done so the game might have been better for it now with less control and influence from the corrupt News Ltd.
We get no acknowledgment for those good deeds, ask South’s what they think of us…despite Bullfrog helping them live on…

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone honestly know why buzz hates Gus?
Has its roots in Super League.
The Daily Telegraph of course being News Limited was pro-SL, which got Gus (being pro-ARL) offside. Progressively the relationship deteriorated. They allegedly buried the hatchet for a period sometime in the last decade but that was obviously short-lived. Booze sees himself as a ‘truth teller’ and ‘story breaker’ while everyone else sees him as a shit-stirrer.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Booze sees himself as a ‘truth teller’ and ‘story breaker’ while everyone else sees him as a shit-stirrer.
Boozed needs to sober before reporting his stories, only then he could report the truth,
That isn't his intentions though !

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t like Buzz at all and I’m an advocate of Gus but the story is very plausible. I kinda believe the whole thing to a degree. I just think Laundy opened up and trusted the wrong person. Probably shouldn’t have even talked about attracting players, what it takes etc
None of Buzz’s business.