Official Round 7 - Bulldog v Eel - Team List + Match Discussion

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see Flanagan unleash the “Crab Across the field move, then pass behind to a team mate that isn’t expecting it only to get smashed”

Then if that’s not enough action by Flanagan in the red zone… his off the mark 0 to 5klm right foot step into traffic to slow the attacking play down is a sure winner.
The day Flanagan learns how to manipulate the D line and open up gaps for his outside men is the day I DM Sydney Sweeney asking her to date me and she replies saying sure let's do it.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Alamoti is inexperienced and just had his edge picked apart by Souffs, after the forced reshuffle. Putting experience on his outside in Burns is probably the right move. People suggesting Okunbor play there are forgetting what he was like on the wing. He's a big body. Putting him in the middle and simplifying his game has been really good for him.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The day Flanagan learns how to manipulate the D line and open up gaps for his outside men is the day I DM Sydney Sweeney asking her to date me and she replies saying sure let's do it.
She's actually in Australia right now. I hope, for your sake, Flanno has a blinder this week.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should get the job done on Sunday.

Overall a solid lineup. As much as I despise Flanagan, his defence is needed and his lack of creativity in attack Reynolds makes up for later in the game.

Realistically there is no other option.

Burns was the obvious choice instead of shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic and moving the team around.

It takes months to build combinations and consistency, Ciraldo is smart.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see Flanagan unleash the “Crab Across the field move, then pass behind to a team mate that isn’t expecting it only to get smashed”

Then if that’s not enough action by Flanagan in the red zone… his off the mark 0 to 5klm right foot step into traffic to slow the attacking play down is a sure winner.
This is followed by a flat pass, which gets one of our boys tackled or a rushed pass that goes nowhere.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
After Shark our draw opens up a bit. Perfect time for Flanagan to be dropped for Oloapu (or anyone else for that matter) .

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't dislike Burton, I just expect more from him now that he has been made captain and has a 3m+ contract.
For the millionth time Mahoney is the clear and definitive captain. Burton is the co-captain in title only. I don't know why you keep bringing it up. Could you even name the vice captain at most other clubs? It's irrelevant.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surprised tpj is in starting line up despite not playing this year,don’t mind burns on wing

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can't wait for Paulo and RCG to snap him in half
They probably will
all the haters have good reason to not be happy.
it’s nothing personal agaisnt him.
I know mate, i just wanted to be a smart ass.

Being we will never win comp this year, i enjoy having Reynolds having a swan song year. Last link to an Era where we resembled a footy team and we actually won.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For the millionth time Mahoney is the clear and definitive captain. Burton is the co-captain in title only. I don't know why you keep bringing it up. Could you even name the vice captain at most other clubs? It's irrelevant.
He's co captain with Mahoney, Ciraldo literally said it.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fox is a huge loss but hopefully Pangai’s offloads can spark our attack instead. I wonder what Burtons go-to play will be now that he can’t kick to the fox on the 2nd tackle

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burns whilst not express pace is quick enough to finish opportunities on our line attacks

He’s strong carry and likes an offload so will be good coming out of yardage
He can't defend space though and that's exactly what our wingers need to do. Fox has been carrying out left edge in defence since he got here. We don't really have another option though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's co captain with Mahoney, Ciraldo literally said it.
I know he's officially the co-captain. I'm saying Mahoney is the actual captain and Burton is basically the vice captain. Mahoney always talks to the refs. He leads the team out. He's by far the most vocal on the team... Even if Mahoney missed a game, I wouldn't be surprised if King or RFM were made captain instead of Burton..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know he's officially the co-captain. I'm saying Mahoney is the actual captain and Burton is basically the vice captain. Mahoney always talks to the refs. He leads the team out. He's by far the most vocal on the team... Even if Mahoney missed a game, I wouldn't be surprised if King or RFM were made captain instead of Burton..
Because they're real leaders, Burton is not.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They probably will

I know mate, i just wanted to be a smart ass.

Being we will never win comp this year, i enjoy having Reynolds having a swan song year. Last link to an Era where we resembled a footy team and we actually won.
what you mean? Mate we spend our Hard earn cash on going to the games, our time going to the games I don’t won’t nobody just taking a spot for a swan song year.
he can do that in reserve grade.
Actually not even let the young boys play