Search results

1. T

Rd 1 vs Eels 3-2-1

the centres and wingers doing 100% of the rucking it out of our end was so obvious and disappointing. Works when you can get an even possession and have a Brian To’o in the team but that was just lambs to the slaughter. Kiraz is the only one of the back five that suits that plan. If we are...
  2. T

News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Just looked him up. He turns 28 on Monday and is from Meadowbank. 3 years for $4M and don’t let O’meley any where near him at training.
  3. T

Curran signed.

Very similar to what I have been thinking. Curran runs a great line on the right edge. No doubt he could play either side also so u would hope he will play on an edge. Kikau will be a handful wherever he plays. I think Hutchinson is our best option at 6. I’m also hearing you either get both...
  4. T

Your predictions for our 8-9 new signings

He would help us by carting the ball up the middle and not getting dominated. Sort of important that a couple of players in your team can do that.
  5. T

Your predictions for our 8-9 new signings

We need to throw some serious coin at D.Safiti surely?
  6. T

The slowest Bulldogg team of all time? 1996 onwards

No mate. Eastwood could go. Why do you think he scored so many tries? He scored 30 tries in the NRL.
  7. T

Rumour Fulton and Gould spotted meeting

Possibly. When you think you have enough utility players buy two more.
  8. T

Blake Wilson

He’ll kill it next year outside a gun centre.
  9. T

Someone told me how many top 30 spots we have left?

There is a disturbing lack of starting props in that list. Is there any danger of Hughes, Possi or Patalo stepping up next year?
  10. T

Drew Hutchinson signing

Good 5/8. Would do well with Burton and Kikau outside him.
  11. T

Recruitment team did not do there homework

‘two good front rowers and a halfback.. the rest are athletes’ Chris Anderson when he put the Storms first roster together. Still seems to be the formula when you look at the top four 25 years later.
  12. T

NRL 360 on dogs

The roster was imbalanced before the injuries. I know it’s easy to say in hindsight but none of Thompson, King, Pele, and Patalo or even Tevita are genuine seasoned middles. They expected RFM and Thompson to fill the void but they are too light. We really are lucky to have jagged the wins...
  13. T

NRL 360 on dogs

jMK made a lot of tackles also. The forwards roster was out of balance from the start of the year and that is the great Gus Goulds failure.
  14. T

Tpj to retire from nrl

Yep. I can’t see how the seemingly endless production line of tall athletic forwards can all stay too long at the Broncos. Not if Haas, Carrigan and 3/4 of those frother backs are going to be kept.
  15. T

Gus Doubters

Well this thread aged as well as a cab sav from the $5 bin with the lid off.
  16. T

Is Burton immune from being dropped?

I heavily disagree with that. He is a class centre.
  17. T

Is Burton immune from being dropped?

Correct, but he wouldn’t be let close to the 6 jumper outside of origin period. Actually Bellamy is smart enough to not even let him play 6 then.
  18. T

Dolphins Avatars

I’m getting on the Broncos. Genuine threat and want to see how Gus frames it after he shitcanned their chances due to their defence. I expect he will somehow take full credit.
  19. T

News Round 22 vs Dolphins

Wallace has done some good things but gas had 4 handling errors. It’s an Adam Elliot like performance.
  20. T

What an opportunity to stack the left side and play Burton at Centre against Val Te Whare with Kikau sucking the inside defenders. Can anyone remember Burtons left foot step? Won’t happen though.
  21. T

Sam Hughes re-signs

He looks pretty quick for his size. I want to see him start a game and be the first contact with the opposing front rower from the kick off. Fisher Harris picked out Okunbour as soft target on the wknd all day and it’s just not the Bulldog tradition.
  22. T

News Bulldogs Set to Secure Blake Taaffe

I’m hoping they have signed him with the intention of playing him at 6. See how he goes with Burton and Kikau outside him.
  23. T

Don’t you think there is even less point playing Averillo at fullback when we need to see what others can do? There is no guarantee Crighton will be fullback for 27 rounds next year. Ciraldo should be giving Wilson, JAC and Papalii a go there in now that the season is toast.
  24. T

I’m surprised that everyone leaves Wilson out of their teams. Based on what i saw yesterday I would play him at fullback. Averillo to 6 and Burton to centre where he might have a clue of who he is supposed to tackle.
  25. T

Liam Knight?

Considering that we had Jayden Okunbour as first contact tackling JFH off most of our kick offs yesterday I am happy with this signing. As long as Sam Hughes gets big minutes for the rest of this year.
  26. T

Rd 21 v Panthers

Wingers were both good today. Always back in position and willing to take the tough carries. Sam Hughes didn’t get much time out there but he looks like he is worth investing in. He is a very large man and moves pretty quickly.
  27. T

Rd 21 v Panthers

I’m at the ground watching Panther warm up. Crighton looks like an olympic athlete. Most impressive specimen out there. If it goes as expected at least i can take that away.
  28. T

Josh Jackson

Play him at 6 with Burton outside him. There would be less 3 on 2’s happening in defence at least. Burton might learn something.
  29. T

Round 20 Bulldog V Bronco Team List + Discussion

Corey Waddell is firing on all cylinders
  30. T

Round 20 Bulldog V Bronco Team List + Discussion

First he taketh away and the he giveth!
  31. T

Potter

Attack coach doesn’t have much to work with when the team is losing the ruck every week and can’t defend their tryline. We had better defence in the middle last year with Jackson, Vaughan and JMK. Those players weren’t adequately replaced and that is not Potters fault.
  32. T

News SBW used in Bulldogs plan to lure Payne Haas

I’d forgive him for breaking his contract but not for his commentary team input.
  33. T

Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

If he turns out to be a gun I will make a sign that reads ‘Nevermind Sandra’s bollocks, Here’s the Sexton pistol’
  34. T

Are you on the bus?

I’m ok with those numbers. It’s not like I’m going to be one of the 6 blokes and decide to get out due to a poor man to vixen ratio.
  35. T

Opinion The comp is so average

And Gus will take all the credit
  36. T

When is Kikau and Thompson back?

Yes we should play the percentages and tell SBW to pearce off effective immediately. Don’t let the door hit your Rooster arse on the way out.
  37. T

News A Gus about nothing: Gould promised everything but Bulldogs going backwards under his watch

Walters isn’t doing it Goulds way. Walters has spent big on front rowers and a halfback with a cheap hooker. Thats Chris Andersons way. Gould has spent big on a winger two centres and a second rower hooker. The the cart before the horse way.
  38. T

News A Gus about nothing: Gould promised everything but Bulldogs going backwards under his watch

Nicely worded. This is how I have felt about Gould all along. Hopefully his ego can adjust his thoughts on the importance of front rowers and a halfback to allow him to let the public know he got it right yet again.
  39. T

Opinion Crichton the Slug

Pythagorus theorem only applies to right angled triangles. So cannot be applied to this triangle shape they form with their start points and where the tackle was made.
  40. T

Addo Carr Moron Of The Year

Bulldogs having Addo Carr on the wing is like having a muscle car that’s engine is rooted and spending big on the paint job.
  41. T

Weakest team in history of NRL

Chris Andersons ‘ give me two good front rowers and a halfback.. the rest are athletes’ has never rung more true. Especially considering we have a fantastic young second rower getting little support.
  42. T

Weakest team in history of NRL

Gus has to take some responsibility for our lack of depth in the forwards.
  43. T

Output Watch: Mahoney v JMK

I’m predicting Mahoney will play a captains knock today. His defence was so bad last week that the competitor in him will demand it.
  44. T

Who do we swap for Hunt?

I’m not sold that Hunt wants to come to the Dogs but its worth pointing out that we have at least 10 players contracted for next year that other clubs would take in a heartbeat. No one is going to want a bottom of the table clubs rejects. A reasonable offer would be if we offered The Fox and...
  45. T

Come On Get Happy ..

Ruben? That would be a pretty unnecessary signing but at least he could drive the bus.
  46. T

Your preferred halfback 2024

Jack Cogger would fit in nicely with what we have cooking.
  47. T

Luke Brooks? Option? Rejects offer From Tigers

Would rather get Cogger back.
  48. T

Opinion Said it once say it again

i was at the game and i confirm that Burton is wasted at 7. He belongs at left centre and the team should be built around that.
  49. T

Daniel Saifiti

Considering that the salary cap has gone up to over $12M i think $650 a season for 3 years would be a great price for a 27 year old prop that is a proven metre eater.
  50. T

Official Round 14 vs the Roosters

If i remember correctly that was a a day that Eastwood gave the titans a bath.
  51. T

Will the Bulldogs Retain Paul Alamoti

I don’t think he is fast enough to play centre with the squad we will have next year so good luck to him.
  52. T

Rd 12 vs Titans 3-2-1

Jaay Jaaacob Preston, He came from Roosters to the Bulldogs, With him and Kurtis Morrin it’s frightening, There’s only oooone Jacob Preston!
  53. T

Opinion The Gould/Khoury/Warburton regime have combined all of our mistakes from the past decade, and repeated them in the present.

I’ve followed the Saifiti brothers their entire career as I know the family and my opinion is that they equal in ability. Both have good speed and get quick play the balls. Both played state of Origin and performed well. I’d be surprised if Newcastle let either of them go but would be stoked if...
  54. T

From the BIG MAN !!!

Yes please. Daniel Saifiti is a genuine metre eater prop. Has had a couple leg injuries but is still a baby for a prop.
  55. T

Josh Addo-Carr is the most talented winger the Bulldogs have ever had

Either Ross Conlon or Daryl Halligan for me. To be that slow and still getting selected to play on the wing for your country has to be respected.
  56. T

Official Round 11 Bulldogs vs Warriors Game Day Thread

Hopefully the Warriors give Dallin his Captains Challenge license back for the night. He owes us at least half a dozen.
  57. T

Opinion Alamoti

There is no way he is as tall as he is listed as. If he is 5’10 then Max King must be 6’7
  58. T

Averillo the new gun

Some great teamwork from the back three today. Reminded me a lot of the 98 side when we lacked pace but worked together to create space. Silva, Lester and Halligan weren’t lightning quick but they made the effort to get back into a formation that threatened. Great to see that style at the back...
  59. T

Rd 9 vs Dragons 3-2-1

3. Averillo 2. Rod Sivas nephew 1. Hayze P Special mention to the grub for inspiration.
  60. T

Opinion Kiraz to fullback

I’d be leaving Kiraz on the right side interchanging between centre and wing. Centre is his spot in a good side. The fullback solution lies with Papalii or Crighton. The switch i hope they are considering is Averillo back to 7. If he is the going to be the 14 when Crighton comes we may as well...
  61. T

Vs souffs

I’d like to see Preston rested. Its a long season and those finger injuries stay swollen for ages. Does anyone know if Darryn Schonig could come into the picture if we could get an exemption?
  62. T

Official Burton

He even kicked it from left centre.
  63. T

Rd 5 vs Cowboys 3-2-1

3. King 2. Preston 1. Okunbour
  64. T

CC and Okunbor

Second row is his spot. Makes yards. Gets in the 3 man tackles and doesn’t have to think too much, catch bombs or have nightmares about Ruben Garrick and Herbie Farnworth.
  65. T

Bulldogs vs cows match thread

How about a statue of Jacob Preston with his dislocated finger in Max Kings eye? The sculptor could use artistic license and make Maxy’s balls swollen the size of emu eggs.
  66. T

Alomoti hasn’t scored yet. I’m getting on him for first try courtesy of an RFM offload.
  67. T

Opinion Who was a better 7. Lewis or Flano

Lewis. But if we are going to pick a half for their defensive ability only we may as well put an extra second rower in the 7.
  68. T

TPJ INJURY !!! TAKE IT EASY.

You didn’t learn maths from Benny Elias by any chance?
  69. T

News Should Canterbury persist with Kyle Flanagan? NRL legends urge Bulldogs to 'bite the bullet' after Round 4

Terry Lamb won the DallyM award whilst playing for the wooden spooners Western Suburbs in 1983 which was the year he turned 22. So whilst i don’t think it’s fair to compare any young half to a great of the game it would be fair to say he carried the Magpies on his back in ‘83.
  70. T

Make Keating head coach. Would make for some interesting pressers. How much do you think a coach would get fined for calling the referee a recalcitrant pig?
  71. T

Dumb Dogs

True.. except for the Souths games on Good Friday last year where Sutton decided we must lose.
  72. T

Former league star Kyle White, cult hero known for big hits, dead aged 53

That Wests side packed with ex Bulldogs around 1991 were great to watch as they knicked all our hitmen. Gillespie, Thomas, Farrar and Kyle White.
  73. T

Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

Ha, yeah i think my internet could be cursed. I was clicking and clicking but i could not refresh the page.
  74. T

Ok but you have to include the Dragons game in the games we should have won at Belmore. We beat ourselves that game. Can’t blame repeated kicking out on the full and not attempting to catch bombs on the coach getting sacked.
  75. T

Ok but you have to include the Dragons game in the games we should have won at Belmore. We beat ourselves that game. Can’t blame repeated kicking out on the full and not attempting to catch bombs on the coach getting sacked.
  76. T

77. T

78. T

79. T

80. T

81. T

News Match Preview-Bulldogs v Wests Tigers: Same 17 likely; Simpkin, Talau set to miss

oh no not the Scooby kiss of death! I could see us overcoming the curse of Belmore but not the Scooby kiss of death.
  82. T

Rumour Mitchell Moses

You had me at ‘no pace, no step’. Kyle got manhandled by the former Canterbury fullback often referred to as ‘Kiteman’ on the Kennel so we can throw in No size, No strength.
  83. T

Rd 2 vs Storm 3-2-1

Averillo Kiraz Perham
  84. T

Burton is overrated.

As a 6 he is. Gun centre.
  85. T

Burton is overrated.

Some great tries came off his kicks last year but he just doesn’t have the knack to put his outside man into space. He could play centre and still use his kicking game.
  86. T

Burton is overrated.

??? The centre was a passenger. Created zero on the edges. A couple of good long kicks yes but two seven tackle sets in a row when Melbs were mounting a comeback.
  87. T

Burton is overrated.

The centre was ordinary again tonight. Not a playmaker. Averillo however drew his man perfectly several times.
  88. T

Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

The team would do well with atleast one first grade half.
  89. T

Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

Burton still showing no idea how to dig in, draw and pass from first receiver.