Search results

1. Noosa Dog

Official Gus's Message

Agree Wendog, I haven’t bothered posting for a while for this reason. I actually started a thread a while back where posters could mention all the trolls, so that members that are not interested in their crap had a list to make the process of blocking easier. Interestingly enough the mods took...
  2. Noosa Dog

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

It’s all about the context in Crichton’s position for 2024 situation. If you look back at direct quotes Gus says he was signed with an eye on the fullback position and at that point in time we desperately needed that position strengthened for 2024. The fact that he also mentioned that Crichton...
  3. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

Perhaps he was part of the toxic culture (kicking stones and be influenced by disgruntled players), and Gus and Co felt it was in the clubs best interests to let him go. Personally i would not be surprised if Gus and CC felt he needed to experience life at a successful club in order to realize...
  4. Noosa Dog

News NRL Market Watch: Bulldogs poach Eels’ Aussie Schoolboy Cody Parry, re-sign Blake Wilson

Makes sense, although if he performs well in off season and then in two pre season trial, you never know.
  5. Noosa Dog

Breakout star of 2024?

I’m really hoping we have multiple breakout stars in 2024 and specifically in the front row and half back position. Sam Hughes and Sexton for me
  6. Noosa Dog

News NRL Market Watch: Bulldogs poach Eels’ Aussie Schoolboy Cody Parry, re-sign Blake Wilson

Great news, I like that he is backing himself to have an even better year next year and then talk new contract.
  7. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

Same as elements of the Kennel unfortunately.
  8. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

Unfortunately with how inaccurate media is these days, I would take a kennel insiders information over the media (sad as that is). Also could it be that he is on 700K (on cap) at the dogs with 125K in other payments?
  9. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

Sounds about right.. perseverance and patience unfortunately are not as prevalent these days.
  10. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

And perhaps in Alamoti’s situation, the club and player didn’t see eye to eye on the fix, or player didn’t believe it he was not deficient in the first place lol who knows…
  11. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

IMO, this depends on a lot of the dynamics going on behind the scenes we are not privy too.
  12. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

It would not surprise me given how young he is and the fact he could potentially of been looking to blame everyone else (with the influence of others perhaps) instead of looking at what he could do better to get back into first grade. I’m saying that, this is all speculation.
  13. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

Time will tell if he can progress over the next couple of years to be a consistent NRL player. He definitely has deficiencies in his game that require a very strong work ethic to correct( perhaps speed will always be his biggest deficiency but if he can sort out his defense then perhaps he can...
  14. Noosa Dog

Surely we are signing a big name forward

Agree with this , and although we have made some bad recruiting decisions over the past 6 years or so (most out of desperation to try and fix short term issues) our current recruitment drive is very limited by external factors.
  15. Noosa Dog

Bulldogs Alleged Hit List

So not that I am defending them necessarily, but who are the players you believe we are currently not pursuing that we should be?
  16. Noosa Dog

Lower grade Bulldogs stars for 2024 NRL top 30

I am excited to see what Papalii can offer in top grade if given the chance, I’m just not sure if his defense is there yet. Maybe when Critta plays origin and Papalii has had some more time in NSW cup (assuming he is playing fullback and plays origin next year)
  17. Noosa Dog

Sorry, yes I was referring to Bulldogs future stars.
  18. Noosa Dog

So considering the lack of off contract quality NRL players available to the club for 2024. Who are some of the 2023 lower grade players that we all want to see get a top 30 gig in 2024? And if not top 30 then perhaps getting a run later in the 2024 as we build for 2025.
  19. Noosa Dog

Official Gus on Twitter

I can foresee the clown crew trying to hook up some fake electors, and if that doesn’t work, claiming the election was rigged and storming the leagues club lol
  20. Noosa Dog

RFM you out there ? Your Silence is deafening !

Any sentence that start with “Buzz said” is off to a very bad start…
  21. Noosa Dog

The Cuck Thread

It’s funny, I remember a couple of games back when Burns scored and it looked like he snobbed Wilson and another player (can remember who) during his try celebration. I remember thinking at the time that perhaps I was just reading into to much, but given what we know now I think maybe this was...
  22. Noosa Dog

Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

Galvanized fan base, three words that really bother you.
  23. Noosa Dog

You are a tough cookie, but fair enough. I find myself saying, I hope you are wrong a lot, but I hope you are wrong lol
  24. Noosa Dog

Some of it perhaps could be related to certain players and training standards, but I would like to think he has learned a lot this year and hopefully we have a better version of his ability each year as time goes on.
  25. Noosa Dog

Let’s hope you are wrong. The journey continues with the destination unknown. At least we can he assured of one thing, laziness will no longer be tolerated.
  26. Noosa Dog

Don’t be to hard on yourself mate
  27. Noosa Dog

I would hardly call Josh Morris passionate take on things a media beat up. To focus solely on performance right now would mean making short term fixes, that’s what we have been doing for to long and need to stop.
  28. Noosa Dog

A lot has been revealed about certain players in the last 9 days. Might have something to do with people’s opinions TBF
  29. Noosa Dog

I can definitely understand your skepticism based on the last 6 years, but for all of our sake I hope it’s the big moment we needed to spur real change.
  30. Noosa Dog

And then didn’t even give any real details about what this proposed issue was lol
  31. Noosa Dog

Perhaps, or could this be the real deal this time.. time will tell. This one does feel a little more like a line in the sand for long term success.
  32. Noosa Dog

Lol you are sure about everything you say, I wouldn’t expect anything less.
  33. Noosa Dog

That’s why I said in the homework topic if you read my comments, there probably does need to be some adjustment to our recruitment homework.. I think Gus and CC probably even realize that after Sutton, Davey and Brown. Have you noticed how halfway through this season they made a pointed effort...
  34. Noosa Dog

Probably have to make his first punch a good one as he would be to tired and lazy to throw anymore. Lol
  35. Noosa Dog

It’s a mixed bag for sure, occasionally you can get some gems.
  36. Noosa Dog

Geez are we going to have some favorites to boo in games next year. We better shape up over the off-season and be ready to smash (legally of course) some of these traitors that have left for other teams and talking crap.
  37. Noosa Dog

Like Gus said and in relation to the homework topic someone started….”it easy to identify talent but very difficult to identify attitude” or something to that effect.
  38. Noosa Dog

The media are now experts on character analysis… pffft Translation of article… I didn’t want to have to train hard despite the fact my team was not performing well and needed me to step up, so I went to Parra to help them miss the 8. Well done numb nuts.
  39. Noosa Dog

Recruitment team did not do there homework

Not sure what the reasoning is on that…maybe he doesn’t want to expose him to the clown show during the second half of the season.
  40. Noosa Dog

News Cameron Ciraldo spotted in talks with Jason Taylor as Bulldogs move for former NRL coach

Calm down mate, you take things to serious. Enjoy the ride [emoji6]
  41. Noosa Dog

D Day

Probably not a good idea if he is dealing with Mental Health issues. Better to stay low profile and get the necessary help?
  42. Noosa Dog

News Cameron Ciraldo spotted in talks with Jason Taylor as Bulldogs move for former NRL coach

Potter had a much worse record with Mounties… just saying
  43. Noosa Dog

Have you ever thought about applying for a GM position with an NRL club? You are so confident about very opinion you have.
  44. Noosa Dog

Disgruntled Bulldog Threatening Legal Action

Sorry, I must have missed the Patolo situation. Is he part of this drama?
  45. Noosa Dog

Trying is a really good start,if the whole bloody team do it!!!
  46. Noosa Dog

News ‘We have standards’: Bulldogs skipper shuts down criticism of club’s culture

I like Reed, if he gets the right support from the more experienced players ( the few we have) I think he can make a good solo Captain.
  47. Noosa Dog

This and hopefully some of our younger guys like Hughes make big progress next year.
  48. Noosa Dog

Lol, I did say “some good points”, as in maybe 2 out of 15.
  49. Noosa Dog

I know, I was trying to find some positives in what he has said in the past. I believe he is a fan, just a glass half full type lol TBH I can see how some fans find it hard to be positive ATM, but the club and the players ( the ones with the right attitude) need our support more than ever I...
  50. Noosa Dog

You make some very fair points, although I think our lack of standards was probably our biggest mistake. Credit to Sexdogs, as I think he has mentioned the training and conditioning standards in past seasons.
  51. Noosa Dog

Whatever the homework was, it most likely needs to be adjusted in the future so we avoid ending up with half a team of pussycats
  52. Noosa Dog

I think that has been sinking in for a while, let’s enjoy the rise from the Ashes ( I hope lol) In saying that, I would rather our future than theirs.. I think our approach has better long term benefits
  53. Noosa Dog

So the DT will tell us, personally I think the rot had started well before.
  54. Noosa Dog

My tongue is firmly plated in my cheek with my comment
  55. Noosa Dog

News Dylan Edwards and Robbo back Ciraldo

They might have been told to stay quiet on this one. Especially with potential legal issues. More likely they will need to give evidence to legal counsel if requested.
  56. Noosa Dog

Who knows, that might of had a worse effect on his mental state.
  57. Noosa Dog

TBH, if this has affected his mental well being, it probably wasn’t right before the event.
  58. Noosa Dog

The club saw this coming for sure, that is why they said it’s a sensitive subject. They know that this germ is looking to take advantage of our club over this BS. The rest of the NRL teams will be watching closely as this would set a new low standard for NRL team if they can’t punish players...
  59. Noosa Dog

When the going gets tough, the tough get going…
  60. Noosa Dog

Opinion 2024 Captain/leaders

I like you take on Taffe Scooby, I really hope he proves you right ( for all our benefit )
  61. Noosa Dog

My thoughts...

So true Malla, he was clearly desperate for some leadership within the players and helping show what is expected in terms of training. Perhaps he thought making RFM club captain would help RFM step up to the plate. Clearly that backfired unfortunately.
  62. Noosa Dog

Maybe Kiks as VC
  63. Noosa Dog

I agree that Reed is our best option. I think he should be solo captain. What would help him immensely is to have some other experienced NRL players like Kikau, Crichton, SST and Fox to provide him with strong support along with other team members that are naturally more vocal like Sexton...
  64. Noosa Dog

News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

Honestly, I have more respect for CC knowing that even though all this drama was going on and it would have been tempting to call players out more publicly, he kept it in-house for the most part and realized he didn’t have many attractive short term options. I feel much better now knowing what...
  65. Noosa Dog

Wait till they get a taste of getting a well paid job in the real world.. sliding doors moment for them…
  66. Noosa Dog

My thoughts...

Personally I think part of the problem is that there is a small group of posters/trolls that come here to just stir crap and put Sh.t on the club constantly no matter what the subject is. You can tell who they are because even if we beat Panthers by 40, they would still spin stuff. And no...
  67. Noosa Dog

My thoughts...

I would prefer they stick around when the good times role, but I’m sure they would still find something to crap on our great club. It really just shows how big of a club we are that they take the time and effort to do this lol
  68. Noosa Dog

News Kiraz injury

A keeper for sure…
  69. Noosa Dog

News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

Pretty ordinary is what some of these players dished up to us fans for most of the season, particularly the second half.
  70. Noosa Dog

CC will get support from across the league on this, as they all know that If anyone accepts this mediocrity, the game will suffer in quality. Players who take this soft entitled approach need to know it’s not acceptable.
  71. Noosa Dog

Toby is an interesting one, hard to say how he has been going with that aspect of his game. Thompson is gone I would have thought?
  72. Noosa Dog

The Lucky Wins

Our for and against has a lot to do with attitude, let’s hope that issue is changing real soon…
  73. Noosa Dog

The Lucky Wins

What’s even more painful is that certain players could of perhaps changed that for us fans instead of crapping the bed.
  74. Noosa Dog

The Lucky Wins

And we could a won a crap load more if we didn’t get decimated with injuries early on and certain players didn’t decide to disrespect the club with their half ass efforts. Next….
  75. Noosa Dog

You are very fixated on SST, I must have missed your suggestion?
  76. Noosa Dog

Bulldogs player walks out

I actually just started a new Topic on it, but I like you suggestion.
  77. Noosa Dog

I was actually just mentioning that his leadership could be valuable with the younger guys.. I really wish you would read posts properly, it’s a bad habit of yours..
  78. Noosa Dog

Dam, I wish we had never let Finucane go..
  79. Noosa Dog

I think I agree with the sole Captain approach with a Vice Captain and no club Captain fluff position.
  80. Noosa Dog

Given our current predicament, who we make Captain and who provides leadership for our younger players next year will be pivotal. It appears RFM was a mistake, and Burton hasn’t really shown much either. Do we stick with two Captains? Sio Siua Taukeiaho I believe has Captained Tonga and...
  81. Noosa Dog

It will be a very important decision when CC decides who is going to be our leaders next year. In hindsight I think he got it terribly wrong this year. RFM was definitely a bad decision and TBH, I’m really not sure about Burton either. Actually didn’t Sio Siua Taukeiaho captain Tonga at some...
  82. Noosa Dog

You are absolutely correct in this analysis. Assuming this is what his approach has been given the facts we know. During this process there is always going to be some disgruntled people as they don’t like the direction. Sometimes you need to get rid of just a few of the main problems and the...
  83. Noosa Dog

I personally think Gus and CC believe that if players are going to have a crap attitude then they should also answer to all the fans. The fans invest time and money and emotion and deserve a whole hearted effort. You only have to see what it means to some fans who are doing it tough in life to...
  84. Noosa Dog

Embattled Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo says he’s trying to “change behaviours”

If this is like most work places, once some of the main players in question are no longer with the club you will see some of the players that were just sheep and following the path of taking it easy either change to the new normal or leave/pushed out. In saying this, we are just speculating on...
  85. Noosa Dog

Embattled Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo says he’s trying to “change behaviours”

And if someone is throwing the term mental illness out when it’s just a hissy fit, then shame on you. If there is a real mental health issue then there should be a support system in place to ensure both parties have a positive outcome (team and individual). Obviously the players well-being...
  86. Noosa Dog

Thankfully they are being shielded from some of the the muppets in grades above.
  87. Noosa Dog

I think the term “Penrith System” is more of a suggestion to the work ethic and culture they have installed at Penrith, rather than actual playing systems.
  88. Noosa Dog

That press conference has assured me that he is our guy… you can see the determination he has to get us back to where we need to be. Just got to be patient and support the people at the club that have the same vision.
  89. Noosa Dog

And are not taught the value and necessity of resilience in life.
  90. Noosa Dog

Perhaps they could set up a mental health situation where they are reduced to a min salary that doesn’t count to cap while they get the appropriate help. At least that way we might find out who really needs the help (which I’m all for)
  91. Noosa Dog

I know mate.. just thought I would add that to the list lol
  92. Noosa Dog

What about the supporters mental health.. has anyone considered that..
  93. Noosa Dog

In other words, we have finally stopped recruiting lazy MoFo’s.. and are getting rid of as many as possible through testing their limits… it’s about bloody time.
  94. Noosa Dog

If you truly are not a troll then awesome. And as a true fan I’m sure you are looking forward to the good times and seeing this great club have success again. It’s a shame you have only been a member since 2016 ( coincidentally since we have been crap). BTW, I have been a member on here for...
  95. Noosa Dog

Lol, where did I say that? I know for a fact that fans from other clubs go to other sites to Troll.. you are a bit slow aren’t you. Just promise me you will stick around for the goods times
  96. Noosa Dog

If you think that every poster on here that constantly criticizes the club is a fan, then good for you. I know it’s hard to believe that someone would actually dedicate that much of their spare time to it, but it definitely happens on many club forums. It can be either entertaining or...
  97. Noosa Dog

Exactly, and Haslers aura meant someone unfortunately gave him to much say in retention and recruitment and he neglected our juniors. We got a couple of runner up situations, but a whole lot of long term pain as well.
  98. Noosa Dog

Absolutely spot on ….
  99. Noosa Dog

Maybe he (or whatever gender it is) needs to go back to troll school. Maybe he could help out his alter ego Nasheed and get him to tag along.