Bulldogs player walks out

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I agree but I thought that most teams deal with standards like this. Any ex player has been supportive of this method. The complaints about this are fkn embarrassing AF for the player. His mental health will be impacted now because everyone will know that he is a bitch
This is exactly my point

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Topine...was named in round 20 but didn't play any minutes. I'm thinking he walked after Tuesday's team was anounced where he was initially included in the 17. He hasn't been named since in any grade
This all happened six weeks ago and is just coming out.
Not Kiraz, he played two weeks ago.
It makes me laugh, I watched people on here put the boot into ciraldo mercilessly for not picking topne over okunbor without any fucking clue as to his reasons. That wasn’t the only selection he’s been shit canned for and it’s pretty fucking obvious now he had very good reasons for not selecting certain players.
You don’t put in at training, you don’t play no matter how shit hot you think you are, South’s have just started their journey down the rabbit hole, thankfully I think ours is coming to an end.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The more I hear the more I back the club, we are setting standards and to wear the colours you need to live up to it.

I’m actually surprised 360 backed us, it just makes those who complain finding a future club unlikely.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I agree but I thought that most teams deal with standards like this. Any ex player has been supportive of this method. The complaints about this are fkn embarrassing AF for the player. His mental health will be impacted now because everyone will know that he is a bitch
It’s a Sad state of affairs that our youth in general are so mentally fragile. “Everyone gets a ribbon” brigade did more damage than we will ever know.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a Sad state of affairs that our youth in general are so mentally fragile. “Everyone gets a ribbon” brigade did more damage than we will ever know.
Its the honest truth, failure builds character and strength and sets you up for when it happens in adult life.

Giving kids ribbons for no reason only harms them long term.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of us have been completely blindsided by the form of RFM & Sutton. Something is up when they can't start over a makeshift forward in Okunbor.

On the one hand we have experienced first graders who aren't cutting it. Then we have young players who have been buying in like Preston, Kiraz, Wilson, Averillo.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its the honest truth, failure builds character and strength and sets you up for when it happens in adult life.

Giving kids ribbons for no reason only harms them long term.
Yep a lot of issues this generation are facing is due to the fact they have never learned to manage failure or disappointment.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gordon Tallis said they had a “king of the ring” I think it was called, where they had to fight other players for ill discipline and Wayne Bennett sent him home once for being late. This stuff has been going on forever but it’s “bullying” and cruel and unusual punishment nowadays apparently.

I don’t feel any ill will towards the player because who even knows if they put the story out there? Even if they did, they might have (naively) thought it wouldn’t blow up like this. But the sad thing is, any mental distress this disciplinary action caused initially, will now be ten fold with the amount of scrutiny it’s receiving.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They work for the same newspaper and have 2 completely different takes. Hoops and kermet say 8.players for 4 min now it's the whole squad. The fact the media can say whatever they like with no consequences. To many journos talking shit there needs to be a culling.
This is one of the most clearly blatant examples of media narrative manipulation that I can remember. Two vastly different stories and perspectives on the matter. It’s shocking tbh.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If the players can't handle this so called punishment for being late when they are paid a lot of money compared to others in the real world who are 9-5 5-6 days a week and on their toes/struggling then they can fuck off...

Most of these players will never see this type of money or have it this easy once they are done with footy, they can leave now and go enjoy being a labourer or brickie in the real world as most of them only have that much brain capacity for said jobs...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A lot of us have been completely blindsided by the form of RFM & Sutton. Something is up when they can't start over a makeshift forward in Okunbor.

On the one hand we have experienced first graders who aren't cutting it. Then we have young players who have been buying in like Preston, Kiraz, Wilson, Averillo.
Not one Bulldogs fan is upset hearing Ciro talking tough on his expectations and calling out any lazy guys who don't want to put in. We all know this is absolutely needed to change the loser culture.

What we still have no answers for is the form of Fox, Burton, Mahoney and Kiks as well as RFM and others. These guys are used to tough training and harsh consequences for poor effort so it is puzzling.

It is the coach's job to get them fit, keen, confident and playing their A game. Ciro has not got them performing to requirements.

I'm glad he is reviewing his own performance bc he needs to do better with the roster he's got.

But this all sounds a lot better than the smoking ceremonies and clap trap he came up with in 2023 pre-season knowing that 2024 pre-season will be a lot tougher with higher expectations.

Sunday will be absolutely crucial in giving us a clearer picture of who wants out now that they have been told they can go if they can't hack it at the new and improved Bulldogs..but you gotta laugh at the clumsy implementation of some of the stuff hehe.

Last edited: