News Dylan Edwards and Robbo back Ciraldo

T DAWG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Very simple. You're either spreading cancer or spreading culture. Looks like there is cancer at the club that needs to be cut out. Imagine being found out that you're the little bitch spreading cancer at the club? How fukn embarrassment for them !

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CC will get support from across the league on this, as they all know that If anyone accepts this mediocrity, the game will suffer in quality.

Players who take this soft entitled approach need to know it’s not acceptable.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very simple. You're either spreading cancer or spreading culture. Looks like there is cancer at the club that needs to be cut out. Imagine being found out that you're the little bitch spreading cancer at the club? How fukn embarrassment for them !
Players probably know already who the little bitch is. Very shameful if your peers know that you tried to white ant your own club.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear this from Edwards. 5 years ago I would have said he’ll never be special. Despite his small stature though, he is one of the most hard working and effective fullbacks. He’s become a top 3 fb purely through hard work and determination. Pretty good sign if he says Ciro has a lot to do with that.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good to hear this from Edwards. 5 years ago I would have said he’ll never be special. Despite his small stature though, he is one of the most hard working and effective fullbacks. He’s become a top 3 fb purely through hard work and determination. Pretty good sign if he says Ciro has a lot to do with that.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I saw really good signs of CC’s coaching in the first 10 rounds. Especially going 3/5 early on and very unlucky not to have gone 4/5 if it wasn’t for that bullshit call with the SJ try. Players were putting in, now they are tanking because they just don’t want to put in the hard work.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I saw really good signs of CC’s coaching in the first 10 rounds. Especially going 3/5 early on and very unlucky not to have gone 4/5 if it wasn’t for that bullshit call with the SJ try. Players were putting in, now they are tanking because they just don’t want to put in the hard work.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going…

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the very reasons a lot of muppets on here shouldn’t write young players off so quickly, if they’re open to being coached, rise to the standards the coach is setting, train hard enough and want it bad enough, there’s every chance they can become whatever they want to become …

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard !

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's supposed to be hard’: Cameron Ciraldo receives support from Panthers star who says the coach made him the player he is today

Cameron Ciraldo has been criticised for his coaching style, but the Bulldogs mentor has received staunch support from a Panthers star

Panthers fullback Dylan Edwards has leapt to the defence of Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo, saying long days at training are required to make a team stronger, having worked under the besieged coach for years at Penrith.

The Bulldogs have been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons after it emerged a player walked out on the club last month after he was forced to wrestle members of the squad as a punishment for being late to training.

Leaked texts have suggested there’s a toxic culture at the club, with some players unhappy with the training load, but Ciraldo is adamant that the hard work will help save the struggling club in the years to come.

Ciraldo coached Edwards for two years in the under-20s and was an assistant coach at the Panthers for their back-to-back titles before he moved to Belmore this season on a five-year deal

If his character is being called into question that definitely surprises me, if that's what’s happening,” Edwards said.

“His character and the person he is, there aren’t too many people out there like him. It’d be disappointing if that’s what’s happening. I can’t speak highly enough of him as a coach and as a person.

“He’s a great coach and a great person who really cares about your family and cares about you as a person, too.

“He was the best coach for me while he was here. I can’t speak highly enough of him. I wouldn’t be where I am today without Ciro. It’s hard to see him copping it.”

All clubs have punishments for players who rock up late or do something wrong, and Edwards says that’s no different at the Panthers where high standards have turned them into one of the best teams of the NRL era.

We’ve got a fine system for punishments, but that’s just what we do here,” he said.

“I think NRL is hard, so you have to train hard and prepare hard to give yourself the best opportunity to be successful. Training is hard. It’s supposed to be hard.

“It can be (long days) but it depends on how the training schedule is set up. Some days might be a bit longer than others, but you've just got to do what you’ve got to do to be successful.”

Roosters coach Trent Robinson also backed the embattled coach, saying some players actually thrive from punishments in the long run.

“You set your principles and your values in place, as a club, and then you adhere to them. It’s uncomfortable,” he said.

It’s not that hard to be really clear on standards and then adhere to them. If you’re not doing that, then there is often punishment. There is either silent punishment in life, like we all have if we don’t follow standards.

“We have fines and there’s lots of things in life where punishment comes out if you don’t adhere to that. And it’s no different in a footy club, but it has to be elevating as well.

“People like punishment to be honest. Players when they don’t do the right thing and they get punished, in some ways, they enjoy that.

“But that punishment needs to be elevating in nature. It needs to be something that they learn a lesson but can also grow from.”

Ciraldo’s former club remains near the top of the table, with Edwards revealing he and his star teammates are likely to face the Cowboys on Saturday even if the Broncos wrap up the minor premiership.

The vibe out west is great, with a number of players congratulating Edwards on Thursday after he signed a lucrative new deal to stay at the club until 2028 even though he could have attracted bigger offers if he’d waited until November 1.

Man the players from our club look like a bunch of bitches. Even though it's just one or two players, makes the whole club look terrible and a laughing stock.

Need to get rid of these players involved immediately.

Embarrassing.
It’s embarrassing players from other clubs are backing Ciro and not a single player from our own club is supporting these standards because these guys are young, inexperienced, weak and spineless….our senior leaders in Mahoney, Kiks, Burton and Fox should be ashamed of themselves

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s embarrassing players from other clubs are backing Ciro and not a single player from our own club is supporting these standards because our roster is young, experienced, weak and spineless….our senior leaders in Mohoney, Kiks, Burton and Fox should be ashamed of themselves
Yep. Not one word of support from our senior players. Will be interesting to hear what Mahoney has to say if he gets asked about it during his pre-game media commitments.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s embarrassing players from other clubs are backing Ciro and not a single player from our own club is supporting these standards because these guys are young, inexperienced, weak and spineless….our senior leaders in Mahoney, Kiks, Burton and Fox should be ashamed of themselves
They might have been told to stay quiet on this one. Especially with potential legal issues. More likely they will need to give evidence to legal counsel if requested.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to hear the opinions of people that have a fucking clue that owe this club absolutely nothing. So what’s the agenda behind these comments @04 Dreaming ??
#dibshit
Its a mate looking out for an embattled mate. Simple as that. As usual, uve chewed it up to its full extent #idiot