Search results

1. W

First year Members forum

Hey all just wondering if anyone else is going to the first years member forum? should be interesting, and the chance to have lunch with Terry Lamb isn't a bad prize.
  2. W

Buses from leagues club

Hey all I was just wondering if the club runs buses from the leagues club at Belmore to the game on Sunday, and if so do you have to be a member to get one or can anyone jump on. If not what's the best way to get from the club to the ground and how long does it take? cheers
  3. W

Club membership

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not, but I would like to become a member of the football club and get voting rights for the board elections. I understand this usually takes a few years of being a member. Just wondering how I do it, Ive looked on the website but the membership...
  4. W

Allan langer charged with dui

Not sure if this is in the right thread or if it has already been posted, but just heard on sky news that allan langer has gone dui on the weekend and has been stood down by the broncos.
  5. W

Dane Sorensen

Read an article in Wensday's Telegraph about players who have missed Grand Finals through suspension. (sorry I don't know how to post it) But it says that Cronulla wouldn't release video footage that could have prevented Dane Sorensen's suspension as it showed another cronulla player breaking...
  6. W

Deleted photo's

I've accidently deleted some photo's off my phone, and was just wondering if anyone knows of a free program that i could use to retrieve them, Its a nokia n73 if that makes any difference. I have the cords to link to computer.
  7. W

Would Folkes lay SBW on his AR$E

Just a question for some of the older members, Would Folkes have put SBW flat on his back (legally) if they had played against each other in their prime. My dad believes he would have, arguing that folkes was one of the hardest back rowers of his time, (Ray Price being No1) playing against a lot...
  8. W

hunt injured at training

just heard on sky news that carmichel hunt has broke down at training with a possible hamstring injury and is in doubt for the weekend. Big blow to the bronco's with lockyer out, especially if hunt has to spend a bit of time on the sidelines.
  9. W

Lawson to coach pakistan

Heard that former Australian fast bowler Geoff Lawson is to coach pakistan. A decision i was suprised to hear. I think it would have to be the hardest job in world cricket. Plenty of talent their, but can't seem to play well as a team>.
  10. W

hooligans

did any one see this show on fox last night, on the CI Channel i think. It was filmed during Germany 2006, focusing on English fans. Well worth the watch. There are some idiots that follow soccer though. If we ever get to host the world cup hopefully it will be to far for them to travell.
  11. W

Who will be missed the most?

just wondering who kennel members thnk will be missed the most by their respective teams, Asotasi or luke Bailey from the dragons. I know Roy is probably the best prop in the world and will only get better but i think we have the personal and the team attitude to cover this loss, as we have in...
  12. W

Corby's sentence reduced

Just heard Shapelle corby's sentence has been reduced by 2mnths to mark independance day in Indonesia, they are tipping she will get a further reduction at christmass. Some of those connected to the bali bombings also had their sentances cut by four months, if any thing they should be getting...
  13. W

Players boots-Slipping over

with all the players slipping over this season and questions being asked about the surface of the grounds which is fair enough in man cases, i also wonder if some of the players looseing their footing is due to the boots they wear. a lot of players seem to be wearing Blades or rubber moulded...
  14. W

Dean Jones Sacked

Just heard dean jones has been sacked from his commentating job for makeing a comment that South African muslim batsman Hasim Amala was a terrorist, apparently he is sorry for the comment. silly silly boy. i did enjoy wathing him play though, probably one of the best aussie one day batters of...
  15. W

Albert Droped, Nigel Benched

Just heard a news blurb where the axe has fallen at the sharks, Albert has been droped, which i think is fair enough, he has done nothing since comeing to the sharks, and in my opinion is only famous for scoreing the try in the GF, which i think i could have scored. and Vaguana (excuse spelling)...
  16. W

Parra:Contenders or Pretenders

I was just wondering with all the talk about the storm and the dogs whether parra are sneaking under everyone's radar. They seem to be in good form, have a new coach which seems to have made a huge difference for the players, and what more there seems to be no pressure on them unlike the...
  17. W

Big Brother Terrorists/Ninja's

Just channel surfing and saw the big brother challenge where they were takeing penalty shots at goal, when i saw the cameraman and others were wearing balaclava's, now were they pretending to be ninja's, terrorists, mucking around or have i just read to much into it like channel 10 did with emilo
  18. W

Should we Recieve something for Junior players who leave our club

I was just thinking with Myles and other players we have devoloped leaving the club for more money and oppurtunity, which is fair enough i guess, That the Bulldogs club should get some sort of financial reward for developing players. Not just the Nrl clubs but bush clubs that develop players...
  19. W

Dallas mcilwain

just wondering if any one Knows if dallas has been offered a contract for next year? or if there are any other clubs interested in him?. I think it would be a shame to lose him, from what i've seen he is a player with potentinial, and would be heading into his prime in the next couple of years...
  20. W

Ashes

a mate just told that he thinks Vaughen is out of the ashes for the summer, which is good news for OZ if its true. I also read that McGrath is in the best bowling form of his life, so hopefully we will regain the ashes, as long as ponting remembers when you win the toss you bat, especially when...
  21. W

Can Elmagic do it?

With joey breaking the points record tonite, i just wondering if Hazem will ever break Joeys record? not sure of the points difference between the two, but i think he will go close to doing it, joey's only got one more year in him surley, Hazem hopefully has quite a few more. I think if Hazem...
  22. W

Ian Roberts charged with assualt

Just read that ian Roberts has been charged with assualt of his partner.he will appear in court later this week but denies any wrong doing. it will be interisting to see what happens. i remember him laying into gary jack, and judgeing by that he knows how to throw a punch. i think he could do a...
  23. W

David Beckham

Just saw a news flash on sky UK that beckham has stood down as England captain, don't know i he has retired from international footy or not. I think he shouldn't have been captain to start with, gerrard or the chelsea captain would have been better choices i think.
  24. W

Myles: starting line up

Just saw a brief interview with Myles about his contract talks, it said that money isn't the only issue, a position in the starting line up is also wanted, which I'm sure you all knew. But how can any player be guranteed a starting position? i don't think they should be any way. What happens if...
  25. W

video referee

Just read on fox sports that the nrl is going to reduce the power off the video ref by not allowing the reversal of general play decisions unless foul play is suspected. I guess their hand was forced by ben kennedy slowing down the play untill a replay came up which resulted in a manly...
  26. W

Kewell

does any one know why harry was going off at the ref after the game? i only just caught it on news highlights. is there any possible ban for him for doing it?
  27. W

Directions??

I was just wondering if any one knows what the web site is called where you put in the adresse where your leaving from and the adresse you are heading to and it gives you directions, as i'am off to windsor downs tomorow and i haven't got a clue how to get there.
  28. W

breaking news possibly???

i was just haveing a look at the rugby league 2 forum and apparently 2 roosters players have been caught in a kings cross strip club doing drugs, apparently its going to be on sports tonite tonite. I wonder if theres any truth to it or if some over there is just trying to start a rumour???
  29. W

question about the rules

just a quick two part question for people who know the rules of the game a)are you allowed to pass the ball forward in your own in-goal area? b)When 2 players are chaseing a kick, and are in playing distance of the ball, are you allowed to shoulder the other player out of the way if you are...
  30. W

miners found alive

sky new is flashing up a news alert that the two trapped miners have been found alive, which is great news
  31. W

stuart Rumour

Well i heard this story from a friend who heard it of amos roberts cousin. so i guess it's a very bad case of heresay and wouldn't be allowed any where near a courtroom but reporters can use this type of info so why can't I ?. Apparently the rooster's players are not happy with stuart as coach...
  32. W

o'meley to start

don't know if there is a thread on this or not but o'meley was on nrl on fox tonight saying that it was a mistake by the dogs media manager that he was on the bench and that he will be starting.
  33. W

does any one know....??????/

just wondering if any one knows which side of the players tunnel the parramatta players sit on when they are on the interchange bench at parramatta stadium?
  34. W

dvd burning sites

Does any 1 know a good free site that i will be able to download a program that will enable me to burn dvd's. Not that i would ever copy something illegally.
  35. W

English DvD's

Does any one know if dvd's purchased in england will work in australia. It has pal written on the cover which is what i think australian dvd's have. thanks for uor time
  36. W

Aussie open 1986

just reading the honour roll for the australian tennis open and noticed that there was no competition in 1986, just wondering if any 1 knows why.
  37. W

nathan hindmarsh vs ray price

something for the older members, but haveing a chat with a mate who rates hindmarsh ahead of price, just interested to hear other peoples thoughts on the topic. i rate price the best
  38. W

jamal lolesi

Its probably already been discussed, but lolesi joing the tigers next season means he will once again be playing for the defending premiers with out takeing part in the grand final, i was wondering if any other player has played for defending premiers two years in a row with out playing in the...
  39. W

Barret wont play soo again

just haveing a few beers and watching the footy with a mate and he made what i thought is a good point, that is that a major incentive for braith to leave us would have been a promise from stuart about state of origin, which probably means barret wont get picked while stuart is around and johns...
  40. W

souths suprise signings

i just heard george piggins on sports tonite saying that souths will announce a couple of big name signings in the next couple of weeks, this just goes to show what a joke the anti-tampering law is as if the contracts are that close to signing then negoations must have been going on for a while...
  41. W

clyde trains with reserves

just read that brad clyde trained with our reserves through the week and may make a comeback to help with the injury crisis.I hope he does, hell add valuable experience to our pack and may give some more confidence and inspiration to the younger guys. It will be interesting to see how he goes...
  42. W

anasta hasnt been offered contract

Just caught the tail end of a story on sky news where anasta said that he hadn't even been offered an official contract by the bulldogs yet, surley this cant be true? does any 1 know. he said he had to keep all his options open because of this which included the waratahs and the roosters