clyde trains with reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just read that brad clyde trained with our reserves through the week and may make a comeback to help with the injury crisis.I hope he does, hell add valuable experience to our pack and may give some more confidence and inspiration to the younger guys. It will be interesting to see how he goes, the smith brothers are however showing that old timers can still cut at this level.
And i am led to believe that clyde has kept himself quite fit since leaving league as well so who knows?

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree and he wasnt that bad a player either,

les norton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
An injury riddled career was the only thing which will haved stopped him becoming an immortal.Even with his injury problems Ive yet to see a better lock than Brad (at his peak)in my life time.

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Good lord! Look the World Club Challenge is ONE thing....but - are we really THAT desperate to drag poor Brad Clyde back into the NRL after a good 4-5 years out? REALLY? The game's changed even since he played last!

I'd be blooding some of 'the kids' if it were me...they've gotta have a taste some time or another, and a few games now - properly handled...might do WONDERS for their development long term!

But that's just me...

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Norton, Clyde is the best lock I have ever seen and would be definetly an immortal if he wasnt hurt as often he may still make it anyway - only player ever to win the Churchill on a losing GF time.

Reaction score
wyongguy said:
i agree and he wasnt that bad a player either,
lol. He was only seen as the best player in the world through the high majority of his career, but yeah, he wasn't a bad player lol.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Relf or Clyde or a name such as this will surely make an appearance with Patten Utai and Tonga all going to miss games due to suspension or injury now.

bdogfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has been training for some time now - and as for being too long out of the NRL to compete properly - look at Jason Smith's performance against the Raiders - he was dynamic

Christabella

Reaction score
Stevie J said:
Relf or Clyde or a name such as this will surely make an appearance with Patten Utai and Tonga all going to miss games due to suspension or injury now.
LOL Yeah lets stick an ageing former second rower out in the backline, that's sure to turn our form around :D

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Christabella said:
LOL Yeah lets stick an ageing former second rower out in the backline, that's sure to turn our form around :D
That was obviously not my point. Any one would realise I meant re shuffle the team and put Clyde on the bench or in a position suited to him.

Christabella

Reaction score
Stevie J said:
That was obviously not my point. Any one would realise I meant re shuffle the team and put Clyde on the bench or in a position suited to him.
LOL You think I was being serious? Neither Patten nor Utai should be suspended for what they did and either Cutler and Phelps will come in for Tonga.

As for Clyde I know he still thinks he is fit enough to play and if you want to know more about it pm me because I conducted an interview for uni with him about this exact topic, however if he is seriously considering returning I'd rather see how he goes in PL rather than stick him on the bench straight away.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
i agree, there is nothing wrong with bringing back Bradle Clyde. if jason and darren smith can do it then so can clyde. anything is worth a shot at the moment.
by the looks of things we just need some direction from senior players and that is what we are missing at the moment.

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
BIG diff between J.Smith/D.Smith and Brad Clyde is...NEITHER of them stopped playing!...Clyde did - a LONG time ago! And retired due to CHRONIC injury, what's more! D & J Smith are not so encumbered!

And as anyone that's ever played any competitive sport at all will tell u -There's a BIIIIG differenc between 'fbeing fit' and having 'match fitness' There is NO substitute for match fitness!

Agree with Christa - if he expects to coem straight back into first grade - and compete...he is DEADSET kidding!!

Give the kids a run FFS!!!!!!!

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure he will be playing PL, if at all, then if he still has it then he can move up - the Dogs arent stupid

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Then DOUBLY so - why not bring up N.Armit - or one of the Flegg boys for a run in PL!??!..>Give them a bit of an experience - as they surely would have got at SOME stages of this season anyhow, one would think?!

What's the point of bringing back Clyde to play PL?!?!

I clearly seem to be in the minority here...but I REALLY don't see much sense in this & don't think this is a good idea!...at ALL!

H

Hazmak

Relfy and Clyde would prolly be brought into PL until their match fitness up. And try to see it this way, the PLers would benefit from their experiance => when its time to move me to 1st grade, they might perfrom a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.