Who will be missed the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just wondering who kennel members thnk will be missed the most by their respective teams, Asotasi or luke Bailey from the dragons. I know Roy is probably the best prop in the world and will only get better but i think we have the personal and the team attitude to cover this loss, as we have in the past,i.e vagana and anasta. As for stgeorge i don't think they have the players or the attitude to replace bailey, watching the game on the weekend bailey was the only dragons player who put in, as has been the case in the past. I think they are a team of so called superstars who go missing when the heat is on,especially Barret and Ryles, except bailey who always puts in no matter how much he will get smashed. I think the dragons will miss bailey more than we miss Asotasi

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its a tough question. But in respect to there teammates im going to say Bailey. Mainly because if you take him out of the Dragons team, the team would go absolutely nowhere.

Now im not saying Asotasi is replaceable, but with the depth we have in our forward pack, i just think that **fingers crossed** he wont be missed as much.

Also, Bailey is on of the older forwards in teh Dragons team, and they are surely going to miss his experience and leadership around the park.

Bailey by a finger nail.

Doggy Gal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love Roy but I can't forget all the times he kept trying to offload and kept losing the ball, he's been great this year but he cost us a few times last year and Mason's, Ogre's and sonny's absense really showed, so I have to say Luke Bailey :( Sorry Roy!

Tunks

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah Luke Bailey..he is the only forward in that team that actually goes forward

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dragons will miss Bailey more IMO.They only have cats like Ryles there who won't dig his heels in when the going gets tough. We still have Willie, Shrek and Hickey to play up front (not to mention Armit).

A

atomic_crimson

Webcke will be missed from the game - i know some say he is past it, but i think the game will miss him overall.

As for us - Remember we still have sonny on the bench.... i do not think he will be missed all that much because bulldogs have a knack at making most into stars and they will just bring up someone else - my tip is hickey to be in our top 17 next year off the bench (which i guess is a no brainer). And it's good news he is a dogs junior and just re-signed for two years.

Dragons - I guess they will miss bailey... he seems like th eonly one really trying to rip it up atm.

jig73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree that Webke will be the player missed most and I don't think they have someone up to filling his shoes at the Broncos as for Roy and Luke, as much as I hate to see him go we have the depth to cover his loss and the Dragons don't so definitely Bailey.

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
webcke, bailey then roy, in that order.

Broncos have him and petro, once them 2 are gone, broncos are in for a bleak period. They havent been able to produce outstanding props for a good 5 or 6 years!! so i wouldnt expect them to start producing any time soon.

Saints have alot of juniors who are very good. They will be able to replace him, but definately not straight away, may struggle in the forwards for a couple of years.

And roy, well he is the best prop around, but our forward pack is good enough to be able to cope. But you never know, he may leave a big hole that we cant feel.. But i feel we can cover..

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Dragqueens will miss him more.

Likely forward pack next year....

8.O'Meley
9.Grimaldi
10.Mason
11.Williams
12.Ryan
13.Maitua

TBT

The Bitter Truth
Reaction score
Bailey due to the lack of depth in their forward pack....

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
If you're gonna throw Webcke in there, then surely Ben Kennedy rates a mention. We will miss him severly!!!

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
I will certainly miss Crossy and Morley at my club.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
MaterialGirl said:
I will certainly miss Crossy and Morley at my club.
They are huge losses for us and will make more of a difference then we realise. Cross has scored a lot of tries for us over the years and we don't have anyone close to his talent replacing him. Morley could just fire up the whole team, played with a lot of passion. I think all clubs will miss their the players they lose....

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Ben Kennedy and Luke Bailey are the 2 I'd go for.

Manly will definitely miss Kennedy's leadership, never say die attitude and ability to get his side off the canvas and back in the fight, he's been a great help for Menzies who use to be the one who had to do that job on his own... here's hoping for Manly they have a player who can step up and fill those leadership shoes.

St George-Illawarra will miss Bailey immensely, the Titans will really benefit from his leadership and mentoring of young players, but the Dragons will need to seriously get their games in terms of discipline and fight in order otherwise it could be another very long 2007 season for them.

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
ThatsNikkisTeam said:
They are huge losses for us and will make more of a difference then we realise. Cross has scored a lot of tries for us over the years and we don't have anyone close to his talent replacing him. Morley could just fire up the whole team, played with a lot of passion. I think all clubs will miss their the players they lose....

At least you got Nutley. Quality player IMO. Was spewing Manly didn't have a look at him. Signed Lyon and forgot about a Kennedy replacement. Imbeciles.

Mo_Idriss

MeaN MachinE
Reaction score
I will definetly miss Roy... i still cant imagin him in Red and Green EEEEWWWW

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Roy will be missed.

But Webcke :(:(!
Going to miss him on and off the field. He is such an awesome bloke, and so nice to talk to. And his leadership, passion and just everythign will be missed on field.
Hard to replace, well nobody really can. I know Thaiday and Hannant and those will do the best they can though.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Napper85 said:
At least you got Nutley. Quality player IMO. Was spewing Manly didn't have a look at him. Signed Lyon and forgot about a Kennedy replacement. Imbeciles.
Certain players can't be replaced and to me morley is one of them though im sure Nutley will do his best just wont be the same without big Mozz

blue&gold

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
widders & mckinnon with our guys. dean for being a role model & a fair honest player while mckinnon for the last 2-3 years is going great guns for us even in the dark times.

Status
Not open for further replies.