souths suprise signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just heard george piggins on sports tonite saying that souths will announce a couple of big name signings in the next couple of weeks, this just goes to show what a joke the anti-tampering law is as if the contracts are that close to signing then negoations must have been going on for a while. I just hope braith isnt in there

H

Hazmak

He rolly will be unfortunately.

But why hasn't anyone questioned the anti-tampering laws?

This is plain bull****!

Reaction score
Stop jumping to conclusions, theres plenty of off contract players that have been given permission to negotiate going around. For all we know he could be talking about Re-signing Ashley Harrison and co. or they could be bringing over/back some players off contract from England, who knows.

F

fatal1

PARANoIR said:
Stop jumping to conclusions, theres plenty of off contract players that have been given permission to negotiate going around. For all we know he could be talking about Re-signing Ashley Harrison and co. or they could be bringing over/back some players off contract from England, who knows.

exactly, however the anti-tampering deadline is almost non-existant.

D

Danish

I would think the NRL would be forced to investigate anti-tampering with cases such as Orford and also this Souths statement.

Tell you what if any of the big names are from other NRL clubs then i'd be wanting a full investigation if they stole anyone from the roosters (besides the usual retirees they pick up from us :P )

D

D0ggyStylz

Big signing and automatiocally people assume there is tampering invloved.

It is not tampering if they sign a big name from ENGLAND! Just a thought

D

Danish

Dogaholic said:
Big signing and automatiocally people assume there is tampering invloved.

It is not tampering if they sign a big name from ENGLAND! Just a thought
No its not, but if Braith goes there you can bet the dogs will be asking the question. Dont forget the article by Braith's Uncle telling him to wait till June 30 so they can make him a large offer. To me that already crosses the anti-tampering line

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
well apparently souths were looking at signing Sculthorpe from England. And over there he is a pretty big name

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it would be heaps funny if souths got fined a mutherload for breaking anti tampering but it will never happen...

**c* imagine if souths sign willie mason, anasta and lolesi all together....

I would then seriously not care if souths were fined until they were too broke to be in the comp

they are dead wood

les norton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
George Piggins controls the South Sydney leagues Club,he is not involved with the South Sydney District Football Club. The football club recieves NO money from the Leagues club ,they are funded by Souths Juniors Club.George advising Braith does not breach any anti-tampering law .Id dearly love Braith to stay a Dog for life but if he was to play in the NRL for another club I hope its the Bunnies.

Reaction score
*dOgzRuLe* said:
well apparently souths were looking at signing Sculthorpe from England. And over there he is a pretty big name
Paul Sculthorpe is HUGE! Bring him over! That'd be awesome having him over here.

D

Danish

PARANoIR said:
Paul Sculthorpe is HUGE! Bring him over! That'd be awesome having him over here.
No matter how big a player is over there, until they prove themselves in the NRL they are 2nd rate

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that anti-tampering exists is kidding themselves.

Reaction score
I agree, thats why I wanna see him play over here, if Sculthorpe comes here and dominates, Im sure he will be considered by many as the best player in the world.

I wouldn't be surprised with Ricketson coming off contract at teh end of the season, and most likely gonna end up at the Roosters Retirement Villiage (Redfern), if the Roosters tried to Sign up Sculthorpe as their new lock forward, or he could fill their void left at 5/8.

D

Danish

Nah they've got a 5/8 in Soward (he'll be in 1sts from here on in) and Roosters are much more in need of forwards. Hence why everyone (including myself) believes we will chase Mason very hard.

Theres even talk of Fielden but who the **** knows with the rumour mills that spout out so much crap

Reaction score
Yeah, well it still wouldn't surprise me to see Sculthorpe in the Roosters number 13.

Soward is an awesome player, I reckon he'll be Australian captain one day. Hes a gun.

Theres been talk of Fielden for a while with the Bulldogs, Roosters and Canberra mainly...but I think the Sharks and Dragons (if they lose to Bailey) are believed to have expressed interest, but its all just rumours. Personally out of all the guys in the ESL Sculthorpe and Fielden would be 2 of the first 3 I'd bring over, the 3rd would be Martin Gleeson, that guy is meant for the NRL.

ajm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On the previous intelligence shown at Redfern I would look for players with really big names like "wingledangleopopolous". Thats probably the only type of big names they could sign. Players like Anasta and Mason are included in Piggins comments because they don't have enough letters in their names.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldog Power said:
it would be heaps funny if souths got fined a mutherload for breaking anti tampering but it will never happen...

**c* imagine if souths sign willie mason, anasta and lolesi all together....

I would then seriously not care if souths were fined until they were too broke to be in the comp

they are dead wood
well they won;t be able to take any points off them next year, when they won;t win a match.

hmm mundine.

Timyone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldog Power said:
lmao true as

Status
Not open for further replies.