No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But he's already toured our facilities!!
So he wasn't impressed! Lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If he wants out, we throw the sink, but theres no evidence that he does

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If he wants out, we throw the sink, but theres no evidence that he does
Good chance Griffin will get the sack before the year is over and Hunt has spoken out saying he'll reassess his options if that's the case. I think Hunt stays regardless but that's where this is coming from.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I heard he was seen in the vicinity of the West Tigers - don’t shoot the messenger, just passing on info.

personally, I couldn’t give a flying fu<k where he goes, I’m more interested in middles and a fullback - we already have earmarked KO as our halves investment to partner Burton.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I heard he was seen in the vicinity of the West Tigers - don’t shoot the messenger, just passing on info.

personally, I couldn’t give a flying fu<k where he goes, I’m more interested in middles and a fullback - we already have earmarked KO as our halves investment to partner Burton.
Critta is our fullback. We need a half (only if a quality experienced one on contract becomes available) and middles.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Critta is our fullback. We need a half (only if a quality experienced one on contract becomes available) and middles.
I hope he turns out to be the fb we want him to be, he hasn’t dominated any game in that position - but at centre, he’s top 3 in the game

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a SOO experienced half and Hunt and DCE fit that bill.

Once Flanno goes to Manly under the pressure from Senior, DCE will agitate to get away as far as he can....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was pretty average yesterday. Barely noticed him.. If he had a game like that for us and was on $1 million plus, the Kennel would have crucified him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was pretty average yesterday. Barely noticed him.. If he had a game like that for us and was on $1 million plus, the Kennel would have crucified him.
I noticed him cos he’s my halfback for fantasy and he had a bad game (usually averages near 60) got half of that

I only scraped out a win thanks largely to Fonua Blake v Storm [emoji38]

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good chance Griffin will get the sack before the year is over and Hunt has spoken out saying he'll reassess his options if that's the case. I think Hunt stays regardless but that's where this is coming from.
Problem with all this is that Hook got hooked by Bullguss..

Hopefully Gus is sucking up to Hook with a good paying recruitment gig with us. as he can spot talent and Ben loves him.,..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I noticed him cos he’s my halfback for fantasy and he had a bad game (usually averages near 60) got half of that

I only scraped out a win thanks largely to Fonua Blake v Storm [emoji38]
Oh man nice pick-ups. Fonua-Blake has been killing it.. I still think Hunt is a better hooker than a half.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm another who would love Ben Hunt to come to us for 2 years, but I've been of the opinion that due to his Father/Son like relationship with Anthony Griffin, the last thing I think he would do is join forces with the man who sensationally sacked Griffin at Penrith and with Hooks assistant Ciraldo who tried to walk out on Griffin twice.

In fact, yesterday the penny dropped for me when Hunts next destination became clearer to me.

Everyone knows that Hook is getting the arse from the Dragons especially those getting sort out to fill the position next year.

Everyone also knows that Hunt wants to leave if Hook gets sacked.

The last week of events:

-Jason Ryles is the man that the Dragons want & have approached, meaning that he knows Hooks out & Hunt may be next. Ryles is currently the Roosters coach & can pass this knowledge onto his current club. Ryles is said to be more interested in Joining the Storm in 2025 after his Roosters contract expires.

- Sam Walker gets axed to reserve and the media shit fight commences.

IMO the Roosters know that the 20 year old halfback won't take them to the promised land just yet, but as they did with Cronk, they know an experienced origin Halfback can.

Long story short
- The Roosters can easily move Sam Walker on with a host of suitors
- Ben Hunt will end up at the Chooks as of next year.

That's the way I'm reading it anyway.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like Barret didn't know talent when he saw it ey bro?
Barrett was interested to watch in Mounties but him being incompetent and fired screwed the talented prodigy

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm another who would love Ben Hunt to come to us for 2 years, but I've been of the opinion that due to his Father/Son like relationship with Anthony Griffin, the last thing I think he would do is join forces with the man who sensationally sacked Griffin at Penrith and with Hooks assistant Ciraldo who tried to walk out on Griffin twice.

In fact, yesterday the penny dropped for me when Hunts next destination became clearer to me.

Everyone knows that Hook is getting the arse from the Dragons especially those getting sort out to fill the position next year.

Everyone also knows that Hunt wants to leave if Hook gets sacked.

The last week of events:

-Jason Ryles is the man that the Dragons want & have approached, meaning that he knows Hooks out & Hunt may be next. Ryles is currently the Roosters coach & can pass this knowledge onto his current club. Ryles is said to be more interested in Joining the Storm in 2025 after his Roosters contract expires.

- Sam Walker gets axed to reserve and the media shit fight commences.

IMO the Roosters know that the 20 year old halfback won't take them to the promised land just yet, but as they did with Cronk, they know an experienced origin Halfback can.

Long story short
- The Roosters can easily move Sam Walker on with a host of suitors
- Ben Hunt will end up at the Chooks as of next year.

That's the way I'm reading it anyway.
Too many cooks in the kitchen at Rooster and they want to structure/simplify Walker's game so the big dogs are more involved/impactful. I think at a team lacking talent he'd kill it there. He's unorthodox and tries too hard at times to create. Maybe goes with the all in/low risk play too much.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He won’t go to roosters bro even they can’t pull that off.

He’s at the end of his life he will go for the money.

The 1.5 mil for Moses will likely go to him at the tigers that’s the honest truth but maybe we can get him. But we need to pay.
Gus was smart having that chat last year. Planting seeds.

But I think the most likely outcome if he leaves the Saint George team is a 1.4 mil x 3 year deal with the tiger pies or 1.5 over 2.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He won’t go to roosters bro even they can’t pull that off.

He’s at the end of his life he will go for the money.

The 1.5 mil for Moses will likely go to him at the tigers that’s the honest truth but maybe we can get him. But we need to pay.
Gus was smart having that chat last year. Planting seeds.

But I think the most likely outcome if he leaves the Saint George team is a 1.4 mil x 3 year deal with the tiger pies or 1.5 over 2.
The Roosters pull off a lot of things, particularly the NRL auditors and hierarchy

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think our spine is actually set. There's obviously an investment in KO and somewhat an unknown in him as well as Critta at 1. However, if you said our spine in 24 is:

Crichton
Oloapu
Burton
Mahoney

Most would probably be satisfied as it's an upgrade. Whatever happens this year is largely irrelevant. No quick fixes, just build it up for 24.