Horse Racing & General Punting Superthread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2/3 aint bad.
Kettle Hill was slightly disappointing but they weren't making much ground from the back and wide..he will be winning soon plus unusually Maher/Eustace had a shithouse day, sorry my bad #thejonahlives lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
R2 Ascot Feels Playful, decent apprentice chick riding she should lead on it and win again..is the 3.40 second favourite atm.
And a roughie in the Perth Cup(there are many with some hope mostly at good odds, just depends on luck the fav's get)is Holy Enchantment, he should give a great sight at around 20-1.
Main race is on pretty late for y'all in the east though..good luck hopefully a happy new year winner from these two.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Feels Playful saluted just, bless both the filly and the female jockey steering
And I mentioned the form around I Am Me for Dehorned Unicorn a winner yesty? She just won her first black type start at Canterbury comfortably.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Feels Playful saluted just, bless both the filly and the female jockey steering
And I mentioned the form around I Am Me for Dehorned Unicorn a winner yesty? She just won her first black type start at Canterbury comfortably.
It'll be nice to see those racing silks getting some black type wins for me one day.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
R2 Ascot Feels Playful, decent apprentice chick riding she should lead on it and win again..is the 3.40 second favourite atm.
And a roughie in the Perth Cup(there are many with some hope mostly at good odds, just depends on luck the fav's get)is Holy Enchantment, he should give a great sight at around 20-1.
Main race is on pretty late for y'all in the east though..good luck hopefully a happy new year winner from these two.
Did you see that fall in the Perth Cup? I've never seen a race abandoned mid way through.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you see that fall in the Perth Cup? I've never seen a race abandoned mid way through.
Yeh that was horrible, 2 jockeys are ok sadly one horse had to be euthanized.Had no choice but to stop it for the stricken horse..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Question. Is it normal to inject horses with...something? Lol. Only asking because I once worked at a place that had some horses and they had a shit load of used syringes packed away.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeh that was horrible, 2 jockeys are ok sadly one horse had to be euthanized.Had no choice but to stop it for the stricken horse..
Yeh that was bad
On personal note fuking huge weeked, quaddie yesterday and super 6 today

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Question. Is it normal to inject horses with...something? Lol. Only asking because I once worked at a place that had some horses and they had a shit load of used syringes packed away.
There are legal substances administered and also occasionally a dodgy fkr might inject illegal substances..so yeh it's fairly common..the illegal not so much thankfully.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couple of midweek bankers tomorrow hopefully.
I don't do the form for all races midweek as their lesser class and probably harder generally I.e maidens i generally cbf too much guesswork unless you spot one and blackbook it.

Case in point is R2 Geelong, Mr I'm A Believer is its name, is a short price for several reasons so may not be for everyone, Moody/Meech combo and a staying type who was super its only run over a staying trip.

The other one wasn't a big price but keeps fn shortening lol is into $3 now.R4 also at Geelong the Cummings trained Indifference..regular punters would know several corps offer free hits on some meetings, Sportsbet up to 50 back if your horse runs 2nd or 3rd all races at Geelong so there is free insurance there if one has an account.

An update tomorrow sometime near lunch re the "good" horse I have an small interest in which is listed to run at Warwick Farm.My Racehorse also had a winner with Infatuation who i have mentioned b4, a 2yo filly she won last Saturday at Randwick..280k from 4 starts now.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
R5 Warwick Farm The Milkybar Kid resumes today after a hiccup 9 days ago, pretty good chance in a smallish field after the 3 scratchings even though first up.
Dangers are rated as the next two in the field no's 2 and 3.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wagga R5 tomorrow have my brother in laws horse running at odds. #4 Martiniontheside at $27.

Ran a trial last year where it missed the jump and ran on well to finish 5th. Been running very well in the paddock and this is a pretty shit field.

Danielle Seib thinks it can win if it jumps out with them. Worth a small EW ticket.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
R5 Warwick Farm The Milkybar Kid resumes today after a hiccup 9 days ago, pretty good chance in a smallish field after the 3 scratchings even though first up.
Dangers are rated as the next two in the field no's 2 and 3.
Fmd he folded up late :( quite disappointing on face value..see what they say in the next couple of days, may have been underdone but that last 200m or so was shitty.

In fact after the R2 Geelong selection winning it was a disappointing(almost phone breaking lol)couple of hours to say the least.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
there is a new betting site called Dabble, if you havnt downloaded it get on.
it gives all the tipsters there multis for horse, greys and trots. You follow who you want on there

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fmd he folded up late :( quite disappointing on face value..see what they say in the next couple of days, may have been underdone but that last 200m or so was shitty.

In fact after the R2 Geelong selection winning it was a disappointing(almost phone breaking lol)couple of hours to say the least.
It was a rough day apart from a couple of short priced favourites. Pikey & Chris Parnham saved me late in Belmont (5/7 between them)

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh I hear ya mate.Tough gig sometimes hey I went from 2/2 at Geelong early to nada couldn't pick one or my nose..but i persevered and backed one for the place in the last race there the toppie who ran 3rd.Cashed that money in and switched corps and same headed over to Belmont gallops, like you I backed some shorties including one of Parnham's at 1.80 and Gage Roads at a super short 1.40 lol I cashed in after that bastard just fell in to win.
In earlier races I also had collects with a couple of Same Race Multis, small fields so not big odds at all but just take the 2 legs and picking say the fav to run 3rd or 4th even and one other i liked to also run at least 4th..worked well in the earlier 6 and 7 horse fields, they were quite predictable.
So having finished in front what's a bloke to do, of course have a punt at Pinny today.You ever been there or to any WA tracks @Natboy ? Pinny is grouse but you need a designated driver though as it's an hour out of Perth roughly.

Late arvo start here well after 3pm and two I like(I actually like about 5 all together a couple of favs for Kennedy should win earlier)are :

R5 Allworkandnoplay..ready to rock and roll today 3rd race start and up in trip, the little chicky apprentice Holly Watson riding it steers them quite ok.
R6 Rulelee who won for me last start and is looking to 2peat today..hung on gamely to win after a wide run last start but likely gets a better run tomorrow In a much smaller field.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeh I hear ya mate.Tough gig sometimes hey I went from 2/2 at Geelong early to nada couldn't pick one or my nose..but i persevered and backed one for the place in the last race there the toppie who ran 3rd.Cashed that money in and switched corps and same headed over to Belmont gallops, like you I backed some shorties including one of Parnham's at 1.80 and Gage Roads at a super short 1.40 lol I cashed in after that bastard just fell in to win.
In earlier races I also had collects with a couple of Same Race Multis, small fields so not big odds at all but just take the 2 legs and picking say the fav to run 3rd or 4th even and one other i liked to also run at least 4th..worked well in the earlier 6 and 7 horse fields, they were quite predictable.
So having finished in front what's a bloke to do, of course have a punt at Pinny today.You ever been there or to any WA tracks @Natboy ? Pinny is grouse but you need a designated driver though as it's an hour out of Perth roughly.

Late arvo start here well after 3pm and two I like(I actually like about 5 all together a couple of favs for Kennedy should win earlier)are :

R5 Allworkandnoplay..ready to rock and roll today 3rd race start and up in trip, the little chicky apprentice Holly Watson riding it steers them quite ok.
R6 Rulelee who won for me last start and is looking to 2peat today..hung on gamely to win after a wide run last start but likely gets a better run tomorrow In a much smaller field.
Nice mate. I actually haven’t been to the races at all in WA. Would like to though and by it’s nice and hot with hot chicks too. Thanks for the tips. I wasn’t going to bet today but will have a look. Cheers