News Burton's Future Clouded As Barrett Exit Nears

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How must he be feeling ? He stays at Penrith, plays centre, a huge chance to win another premiership and play Origin.
Then he starts earning the big bucks. Instead he’s stuck at a basket case of a club, riddled in turmoil and will more than likely run last. Burton must be kicking himself.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
How must he be feeling ? He stays at Penrith, plays centre, a huge chance to win another premiership and play Origin.
Then he starts earning the big bucks. Instead he’s stuck at a basket case of a club, riddled in turmoil and will more than likely run last. Burton must be kicking himself.
Or he can take it as a challenge, see the brighter future that is coming our way. He can see that Penrith thought more of there long haired current 5/8 and he would have to play Centre for the foreseeable future (not his preferred position)in turn limiting his earning power.
The fact people have mentioned him this year for origin whilst our team is coming Stone motherless last says he has a bright future as much here as anywhere else.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Still beat your mob

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All the media speculation might convince him to look elsewhere, it's out of our hands anyway and if Gus thinks he's worth keeping we will.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A few months from now things will be completely different. Next year we'll probably be a top 8 team with Mahoney and Kikau or close to it. If that happens he won't regret his decision and will hopefully re-sign.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few months from now things will be completely different. Next year we'll probably be a top 8 team with Mahoney and Kikau or close to it. If that happens he won't regret his decision and will hopefully re-sign.
You’ll need more than Kikau and Mahoney to all of a sudden be a top 8 side. The Dogs need a decent fullback and a half back and centre. Gotta be able to score more than 10 points a match

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or he can take it as a challenge, see the brighter future that is coming our way. He can see that Penrith thought more of there long haired current 5/8 and he would have to play Centre for the foreseeable future (not his preferred position)in turn limiting his earning power.
The fact people have mentioned him this year for origin whilst our team is coming Stone motherless last says he has a bright future as much here as anywhere else.
He’s been mentioned only as a centre. Burton has flopped as a 6 this year. He’s a strike weapon in the centre. Was outstanding last year winning Dally M Centre of the year. Canterbury have scored a paltry 96 points this year. The halves are their problem

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s been mentioned only as a centre. Burton has flopped as a 6 this year. He’s a strike weapon in the centre. Was outstanding last year winning Dally M Centre of the year. Canterbury have scored a paltry 96 points this year. The halves are their problem
Seriously you have no idea and clearly don't watch us play. Which I don't blame you for.. It's got nothing to do with Burton. We had the same issues last year and only averaged 12 points a game. It's Baz and the other spine players and Jackson that are the issue..

The last three games Burton has been outstanding in the halves. He's a half. A few months from now your constant takes about Burton being a centre will look even more foolish than it does now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Baz, JJ and JuNK are the flops. Burton is trying to learn his trade while carrying the flops.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously you have no idea and clearly don't watch us play. Which I don't blame you for.. It's got nothing to do with Burton. We had the same issues last year and only averaged 12 points a game. It's Baz and the other spine players and Jackson that are the issue..

The last three games Burton has been outstanding in the halves. He's a half. A few months from now your constant takes about Burton being a centre will look even more foolish than it does now.
I’m entitled to an opinion and it differs from you. I see Burton as a centre. He’s had more average games this year than great games. Surely you can see that. He’s as much a five eighth as Latrell Mitchell is a fullback. I’ve seen quite a few Bulldogs matches this year and Burton whilst has been good in a few, struggled in more. A total of 3 try assists says a lot

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m entitled to an opinion and it differs from you. I see Burton as a centre. He’s had more average games this year than great games. Surely you can see that. He’s as much a five eighth as Latrell Mitchell is a fullback. I’ve seen quite a few Bulldogs matches this year and Burton whilst has been good in a few, struggled in more.
Of course you're entitled to your opinion. But you're not factoring in how bad the rest of the team and club is or that Burton is having to play 5/8th and halfback at the same time. Or that he never has any time on the ball because of how predictable the attack is.

Anyway, time will tell. He's been getting better the last few weeks and showing his class more and more. I think by the end of the year no one will be doubting whether Burton is a half or not.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m entitled to an opinion and it differs from you. I see Burton as a centre. He’s had more average games this year than great games. Surely you can see that. He’s as much a five eighth as Latrell Mitchell is a fullback. I’ve seen quite a few Bulldogs matches this year and Burton whilst has been good in a few, struggled in more. A total of 3 try assists says a lot
Mate, I reckon if you put Burton in the roosters squad, he'd be doing a lot better than Luke I'm in Lalaland Keary and that glorified reserve grade bench utility Sam Walker. And you have Australia Post coming next year to slow down your dummy half service. You'd better hope like Hell you get Munster....lol

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, I reckon if you put Burton in the roosters squad, he'd be doing a lot better than Luke I'm in Lalaland Keary and that glorified reserve grade bench utility Sam Walker. And you have Australia Post coming next year to slow down your dummy half service. You'd better hope like Hell you get Munster....lol
You must have been under a rock the past 2 weeks. Keary is coming off an ACL, give him a break. Whilst Walker is well placed in the DALLY M’s.
And you are right with Burton. If he was in our team he’d be absolutely killing it…….at centre, like he did in 2021

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You must have been under a rock the past 2 weeks. Keary is coming off an ACL, give him a break. Whilst Walker is well placed in the DALLY M’s.
And you are right with Burton. If he was in our team he’d be absolutely killing it…….at centre, like he did in 2021
I would take Burton over Keary all day. Keary is one or 2 more head knocks from MR and Burton is way younger.

Burton has much more upside and with gun service from Maloney and hopefully a “decent” 7 inside him he will get better and better.

Potentially the long term 6 for NSW.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Walker is only 4 Dally M points ahead of Burton, despite being part of a much stronger side with 4 more wins under its belt. If you think he's going to be a better half than Burton, you've got rocks in your head boi-yoh.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% man but I want to win the lotto (never buy a ticket) and he wants to be 5/8....but man best position is centre cause not setting the world on fire at 6. And you're right he wanted the move from the Riff to the Dogs so earn your pay.

He's got a heap of talent and maybe under Potter he gets to show it.