News Burton's Future Clouded As Barrett Exit Nears

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The media should shut up burton should just play footy penrith didn't want to resign him he was not happy there because they had no spot in the position he wants to play he came to us and we gave him a permanent spot which penrith where not prepared to do also any player signs with a club with a coach clause is so stupid unless its bellamy or Bennett because they didn't think about what will happen if a shit coach gets sacked and doesn't coach again what are they going to do go with him home .
Burton hasnt said anything. Its slothfield just sumising

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes but not at the expense of a player with the potential of Burton.
Don't sign TPJ or JAC, move on Thompson - there were other options
Well yes, but then I could also say I'd rather sign Matterson instead of this forward or that forward and it would never end. If we can keep Burton and sign a half then great, if we can't then so be it. Point is we don't NEED Burton now, we NEED an established half. Do what we have to do to get one and don't end up like Newcastle paying a bloke a ridiculous wage while the club rots near the bottom of the ladder. As much as I didn't want Pearce it's quite clear the Knights were a far better team with him than without him....as much as I'd don't rate Townsend and the crazy salary he's on again the Cowboys are better team with him than without him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't agree, we need to prioritise an established half and I don't care how we get one right now.
What are out legit options for HB?

I think Drinky has to be our FB.

Solve those 2 spots and we will be back on track.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

There's barely any halfbacks in the game and there's less that are actually available so I don't know. We either pull off a big dick move and throw the league's club at Munster or hope the Keary rumours are true and make a big play for him.

I've always rated Drinkwater, great in attack and was ahead of Paps at the Storm until he got injured. I still can't believe he was behind the Hammer at Cowboys.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well yes, but then I could also say I'd rather sign Matterson instead of this forward or that forward and it would never end. If we can keep Burton and sign a half then great, if we can't then so be it. Point is we don't NEED Burton now, we NEED an established half. Do what we have to do to get one and don't end up like Newcastle paying a bloke a ridiculous wage while the club rots near the bottom of the ladder. As much as I didn't want Pearce it's quite clear the Knights were a far better team with him than without him....as much as I'd don't rate Townsend and the crazy salary he's on again the Cowboys are better team with him than without him.
We aren't going to agree about Burton - I think we needed an established half and some talent around him.

Agree completely about Keary though, he'd be a good theoretical fit with Burton.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

I'd still like a coach to reach out and see if Campbell at the Titans is available for next year. He looks great and would add a Ben Barba type wildcard to our team. Great point of difference. Just with Foz going to the Titans, it means Brimson moves back to Fullback. Someone has to be the odd man out.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fk Burton if he wants to go follow a coach that can’t spark an attack
I agree uce. He can lead the Bulldog resurgence and become a club great or he can fuck off and chase dollars somewhere else. I'm sure we will offer him a good extended upgrade before Nov 1.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's barely any halfbacks in the game and there's less that are actually available so I don't know. We either pull off a big dick move and throw the league's club at Munster or hope the Keary rumours are true and make a big play for him.

I've always rated Drinkwater, great in attack and was ahead of Paps at the Storm until he got injured. I still can't believe he was behind the Hammer at Cowboys.
i'd love to get drinky across, what about moses? would you consider him for the 7?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
NSW Police Reporting:-

Crazy bearded man with Bulldogs singlet claiming to be High Performance Manager holding Auburn Macca’s staff Hostage…. He asked for a quadruple fillet Big Mac, but they declined for health reasons
Please tell me he’s first guy sacked after Baz. the players look so unfit it’s a disgrace

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Burton is a dilemma wrapped in a mystery. Hes a great centre with a good kicking game to date. An interesting combination. How do you use his kicking game from centre?

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Burton is a dilemma wrapped in a mystery. Hes a great centre with a good kicking game to date. An interesting combination. How so you use his kicking game from centre?
You try make a fullback out of him. Personally I think thats his best position. Would take abit of work with the talk, fitness and defence. But inside the opp 20m it suits him better being a little bit wider imo.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton is a dilemma wrapped in a mystery. Hes a great centre with a good kicking game to date. An interesting combination. How do you use his kicking game from centre?
How is he a centre? LOL he played in the halves all through the juniors he only played centre because Cleary & Luai were in front of him how hard is that to grasp.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
How is he a centre? LOL he played in the halves all through the juniors he only played centre because Cleary & Luai were in front of him how hard is that to grasp.
His best fg form is at centre so far. But maybe he will improve in the halves with a different coach

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
i'd love to get drinky across, what about moses? would you consider him for the 7?
I think drinkwater likes fb best. It shows since he's there. Moses...he better than what we have had in ages but his price tag might be an issue to get him over. Eels fans would burn down the clubhouse if they let Moses go after losing Mahoney. Unlikely to happen.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think drinkwater likes fb best. It shows since he's there. Moses...he better than what we have had in ages but his price tag might be an issue to get him over. Eels fans would burn down the clubhouse if they let Moses go after losing Mahoney. Unlikely to happen.
yeah get drinky over to play the 1 i meant